collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Samir Carruthers joins MK Dons  (Read 10711 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Samir Carruthers joins MK Dons
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 06:06:27 PM »
Good luck to him. Hope we've included a sell-on clause just in case.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
He had a bad injury last season. I think another season out on loan would have been better. I'm sick of all these youth players never stepping up or not being given the chance.
Its something the club need to sort out.
Daniel Johnson will be one of the next out of the door I reckon. Been out on loan shown next to nothing.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »
A bit sad cos he's the type of player I love to see thrive for Villa - skilfull and capable of making something out of nothing. Will be easier to take if Grealish and Gardner both take their chance this season.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 06:25:44 PM »
attitude issues? He seemed to show ability but you have to be dedicated too even when the chips are down.

I'd go with this, him and Grealish both went out on loan last year to clubs where they'd be expected to look a class above if they were ready for the premier league; Grealish regularly did, Carruthers rarely did.  Given that Carruthers is older and had premier league appearances under his belt where he looked like he had the talent to make it you have to assume that there's something not quite right there, attitude and specifically the will to really push on is the normal culprit.

I think he was playing well at Franchise before he did his cruciate.

Disappointed he didn't get a chance here, don't think Lambert really rated him.
I don't rate Lambert, I really wanted him here but he has been a huge disapointment. His plan B 4 forwards against lower league teams etc. This lad seems to have a good career ahead of him good luck. He came from Arsenal as I recall.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
No great loss.

Online dekko

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 07:27:19 PM »
Looked like he had potential a few years ago, haven't really seen anything from him since, on loan or during pre-seasons.

Good luck to him though

Offline supertom

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »
Seems a bit tough to assume attitude issues. If he was on loan to MK Dons and they've now bought him permanently, that suggests no problem there.

Maybe he's just not good enough?
All I'll say in regards to potential attitude issues was, there was that apparent phone incident not long after Lambo took over. Conjecture of course, and possibly just a bit of foolishness on Samirs part. It may well have marked his card somewhat with Lambert, even despite it being a fairly innocuous incident.

Last pre-season in a couple of games he did, to me anyway, seem to have a touch of the Bellamy about him. Very prickly sort of player. Liked to square up at the first sign of a firm tackle coming his way, and spent a lot of pitch time moaning at the ref. At the same time though, he couldn't seem to channel that firey attitude in the way Bellend could at his best, and obviously aside, lacks the pace that Bellend could call upon.

He looked a bright spark in those cameos in McLeish's reign, but then again, it came at the end of a very long, hard, dreary season. May just be a case of not being rated. I also remember him being far more lithe when he first broke in and having a bit of acceleration on him. He looks bulkier now, and alongside the injuries he may have lost a couple of yards of pace and not have the attributes to make up for that. His first game this pre-season he looked good in the opening stages but seemed to fade out the game a bit.

Good luck to him though. I'm sure if there are any hints of a billy big bollocks attitude, that a permanent move to MK will ground him, and he'll have to work bloody hard to climb the leagues again.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
If he's not going to play then it's the best solution for everyone.  Good luck to him.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 08:14:14 PM »
Pretty excited about him playing for us when he left Arse to join Villa and he looked really good in those days, more of a winger. Since moving to midfield and filling out a bit he seems to have lost his sharpness.
Good luck to him but not enough for him to play well or score against us should we meet!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »
Yeah I can't really see what kind of player he'd be at the top level. He's too chunky for a winger.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
Since MON arrived 7 years ago how many youth/U21 players have appeared for us in the PL.  Of those, how many have gone on to play more than 10 games or moved on to other clubs for a reasonable amount of money.

Compare that with Everton over the same period.  People go on about how good the academy is at getting players through to U21 level but is there something fundamentally amiss.  Are we developing strong U21 teams to the detriment of the individual.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2014, 08:58:07 PM »
Why play him in pre season? Must have known he was off

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »
Why play him in pre season? Must have known he was off

Mostly likely that was his last chance to make an impression....and he clearly failed

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 09:30:02 PM »
Tonev is still on the payroll.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2014, 09:31:26 PM »
Bit odd to not even give the kid a real chance whilst at the same time we are buying washed up garbage like Joe Cole.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal