collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by Mister E
[Today at 01:29:15 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by rob_bridge
[Today at 01:28:47 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 01:28:12 PM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Risso
[Today at 01:25:44 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by usav
[Today at 01:25:15 PM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:22:44 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Mister E
[Today at 01:19:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 01:10:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Samir Carruthers joins MK Dons  (Read 10710 times)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Samir Carruthers joins MK Dons
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Samir Carruthers  has left permanently , joined MK dons

(probably worth its own topic, so I've split this out of the transfer thread - Dave)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:23:57 PM by Dave »

Offline DrGonzo

Re: Samir Carruthers
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »
Anyone left at VP?

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:21 PM »
Any money involved?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:34 PM »
Samir Carruthers  has left permanently , joined MK dons

A tad bit disappointed about that because it looked like he had some promise, but it was unlikely that he was ever going to get a chance.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »
attitude issues? He seemed to show ability but you have to be dedicated too even when the chips are down.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Samir Carruthers joins MK Dons
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »
attitude issues? He seemed to show ability but you have to be dedicated too even when the chips are down.

I'd go with this, him and Grealish both went out on loan last year to clubs where they'd be expected to look a class above if they were ready for the premier league; Grealish regularly did, Carruthers rarely did.  Given that Carruthers is older and had premier league appearances under his belt where he looked like he had the talent to make it you have to assume that there's something not quite right there, attitude and specifically the will to really push on is the normal culprit.

Offline RussellC

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »

I never got that impression. I don't MK Dons would have wanted him if his attitude was in question. If anything I think he's probably just fallen victim to Grealish's progress.

Offline RussellC

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 04:33:19 PM »

I'd go with this, him and Grealish both went out on loan last year to clubs where they'd be expected to look a class above if they were ready for the premier league; Grealish regularly did, Carruthers rarely did.  Given that Carruthers is older and had premier league appearances under his belt where he looked like he had the talent to make it you have to assume that there's something not quite right there, attitude and specifically the will to really push on is the normal culprit.

Or simply that he's just not as good as Grealish?  Certainly, he didn't seem to have the pace (or more specifically acceleration) to make it as a winger to me, and only ever really stood out as a 'number 10' in the Youth Team.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
He was better than Herd I thought, but maybe not quite good enough for the top flight (not that it's stopped Baker and Clark getting lots of games).

Offline RussellC

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
He was better than Herd I thought, but maybe not quite good enough for the top flight (not that it's stopped Baker and Clark getting lots of games).

A completely different type of player to Herd though. I think he's just found his level. Good luck to him.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 04:39:46 PM »

A completely different type of player to Herd though. I think he's just found his level. Good luck to him.

Not really, Carruthers has played in central midfield the last few times I've seen him play, which is Herd's position.

Offline RussellC

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »

Not really, Carruthers has played in central midfield the last few times I've seen him play, which is Herd's position.

Except that one's very much an attacking midfielder / winger and the other very much a defensive midfielder / centre-back / right back. They're not comparable players in the slightest.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
He had a bad injury last season. I think another season out on loan would have been better. I'm sick of all these youth players never stepping up or not being given the chance.
Its something the club need to sort out.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »
Seems a bit tough to assume attitude issues. If he was on loan to MK Dons and they've now bought him permanently, that suggests no problem there.

Maybe he's just not good enough?

Offline RussellC

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »
He had a bad injury last season. I think another season out on loan would have been better. I'm sick of all these youth players never stepping up or not being given the chance.
Its something the club need to sort out.

That's not really fair either. Agbonlahor, Weimann, Baker, Clark and Grealish are all very much part of the current first team squad. The club are guilty of a lot of things at present, but not giving youth a chance is hardly one of them.

I'm not quite sure why we're so reluctant to just accept that Carruthers wasn't quite good enough and moved on?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal