collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:06:52 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 24, 2024, 11:56:03 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Hillbilly
[April 24, 2024, 11:46:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[April 24, 2024, 11:04:47 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 24, 2024, 10:35:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by PeterWithesShin
[April 24, 2024, 10:20:26 PM]

MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[April 24, 2024, 10:01:13 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[April 24, 2024, 09:46:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Concussion Rule  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Re: New Concussion Rule
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
good shout,

i myself have felt quite concussed watching the goings on at B6 THESE LAST FEW YEARS, WHERES THE DOCTOR for us in the Holte

Are there not enough threads to bitch about the team on, this thread is about a serious problem that hasn't been taken seriously in the sport for years, can at least this be kept free of the whining.

No, I think its just part of the Dictatorial Villa, we must all conform, lest we upset some precious soul.

I know concussion can be serious, but we are not the WHO, mrerely a fans website,

I didnt expect the Spannish inquisition.

I took it as a joke, tbh.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 02:37:25 PM »
good shout,

i myself have felt quite concussed watching the goings on at B6 THESE LAST FEW YEARS, WHERES THE DOCTOR for us in the Holte

Are there not enough threads to bitch about the team on, this thread is about a serious problem that hasn't been taken seriously in the sport for years, can at least this be kept free of the whining.

No, I think its just part of the Dictatorial Villa, we must all conform, lest we upset some precious soul.

I know concussion can be serious, but we are not the WHO, mrerely a fans website,

I know it was a joke but it's not like there aren't other threads to make jokes about how shit we are, it's all a bit repetitive now is all.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 02:39:36 PM »
good shout,

I know it was a joke but it's not like there aren't other threads to make jokes about how shit we are, it's all a bit repetitive now is all.

Chill out a bit.

It's a typical piece of football gallows humour rather than yet another moan about the current team. Hardly "whining".

Offline paul_e

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »
I'm just fed up of seeing countless threads derail into slagging the club/team/manager regardless of the topic, the people who need to chill out are the ones who feel the need to post about 'how far we've sunk' on every thread in the HD section.

I get gallows humour, I get people are pissed off but this part of the forum is depressing enough without bringing the same discussion into threads that really have nothing to do with it.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
Oh, come on, he's hardly weighed into the team or the manager has he? He's made a quip about recent years requiring medical intervention.

If he'd started using the thread to really slag the team / club / manager, then I'd be with you. But he hasn't, so I'm not really sure what you're getting so wound up about in this instance.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 03:05:43 PM »
It's more the followup to his comments that I was worried about, but that's not really relevant now because this thread has been derailed by you telling me to calm down when I asked if it could be left to stay on topic.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »
I'm with you paul. It was a joke but I agree not every thread need to have a jab at the club or our current predicament thrown in. We are all fully aware of how disappointing things are without needing to be constantly reminded. This is about concussions so why not just keep it that way?

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »
It's more the followup to his comments that I was worried about, but that's not really relevant now because this thread has been derailed by you telling me to calm down when I asked if it could be left to stay on topic.

i wasn't "telling" you to do anything, I was suggesting it.

If you want to carry on getting upset about something so piddlingly minor, knock yourself out.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »

i wasn't "telling" you to do anything, I was suggesting it.

If you want to carry on getting upset about something so piddlingly minor, knock yourself out.

fucking hell, I'm not upset or wound up, I just pointed out that the thread didn't need to go down that route.  I never claimed his post was terrible but it pretty clearly opens the gate for more comments in the same fashion.

What I do find weird though is that I've got a mod commenting against me when I just asked if the odd thread could be kept on topic.

As for telling/suggesting as a mod your suggestions carry more weight.

I'll leave it there, but thanks TV for seeing the point I was making and not jumping to the assumption that I was upset about it.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 03:22:38 PM »
Christ almighty. You're not doing a great job of sounding not upset.

All i said was words to the effect of, yes, I'd agree with you if he was whining (your term) about the club as per lots of other threads, but it just struck me as not something worth getting annoyed about. If that'd led to a cavalcade of whining posts then yes, I'd have responded to that.

It was just an "off hand" comment re chilling out about it and not meant to carry any weight at all, thinking that the thread might then continue on the original subject.

Still, like you said, we've taken it miles off topic in any case by getting bogged down in this pointless argument.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 03:25:35 PM »

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
^^^ kind of on topic, too.

Disappointed nobody spotted my (accidental) "knock yourself out" pun, mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal