collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Babies at games  (Read 8521 times)

Offline johnny from donny

Re: Babies at games
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »
Breast feeding issues need to be considered

Why? There's nothing in the original post to whether the lad's breast or bottle fed, and a woman should be able to  breast feed her child whenever and wherever she wants. It's not like she's going to be waving them in your face, most of the time a woman can be breast feeding within a few feet of you and you wouldn't know.

Offline nigel

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »
I took my daughter when she was just over one and she was absolutely fine. My brother took his son who was nearly one and he was also absolutely fine.

As for, "it'll be annoying for people around you", isn't that what family stands are for?

I haven't been in the family stands for a fair few years but if there's kids in there that young then fair enough maybe that's the option.

I've been sitting in the family stand for the last 4 years and I can't recall seeing any that young.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »

Why? There's nothing in the original post to whether the lad's breast or bottle fed, and a woman should be able to  breast feed her child whenever and wherever she wants. It's not like she's going to be waving them in your face, most of the time a woman can be breast feeding within a few feet of you and you wouldn't know.

Whilst I absolutely agree with a woman's right to breastfeed at her convenience, it would be a brave lass who started doing it at a football match.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:21 PM »
Personally I wouldn't take a child that young.
I think there's a fair bit that could go wrong, but, mainly. it could be quite frightening for the child.

Just a personal view

Agreed. Don't forget the weather in December either. All in all not a good idea for someone that young at that time of the year.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »
9 month old baby in the cold of VP in December, personally I leave baby at home for their benefit with a kind baby sitter

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
Unless it's a situation whereby you there isn't a an alternative there is little benefit. They will never remember and you just get a bag of hassle.

Having said that - I think mine where about 18 - 24 months the first time they came. Sat on lap.

It's the crying that caused the issue.

Not theirs, mine!

Offline Archieavfc

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »
You are right about the noise and cold, wouldnt want to leave after 2 minutes if the crowds freak him out, want to "enjoy" watching Villa.  Probably better to wait a few years. Thanks everyone.

Offline supertom

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »

Whilst I absolutely agree with a woman's right to breastfeed at her convenience, it would be a brave lass who started doing it at a football match.
There's more than enough tits out on the pitch without having more out in the stands. ;)

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
Personally, I think anyone who takes a child below school-age - and certainly a baby - to a football is doing for their own 'I'm-a-better-supporter-that-you' ego rather than any possibility of engendering any love of football/the Villa for the child concerned.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 01:48:18 PM »

"Get the other one out for the lads". On the serious note of the original post I took my two kids when they were three and it was OK but even then they were probably a bit too young when it came to the crowd, the noise, sitting in a seat for so long and not really getting what was going on. Four or five would be my opinion as to a good age to start taking them.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »
I sat by a dad and his kid last year all season. I'm guessing he was about 6 (old enough), but week in week out he was an irritating little shit who had zero interest in the football and whose dad had about as much authority as doormouse. Now i don't know his circumstances but if your kid doesn't enjoy football then don't waste the time and money. I haven't renewed (because of the football) but I'm glad i won't be sitting next to them again.

Good decision OP, i wouldn't risk it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »
If taking a very young child, it would probably be better to do it for a game you know will be a low(ish) crowd and get a ticket for the Upper Trinity. Much less noise, and for crap games plenty of empty seats to move to for peace of others and your own child.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »
All of the crying and screaming and puking and pissing...would remind surrounding fans of the standing days on the Holte!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »
I honestly think it would be really uncomfortable,  confusing to watch, slightly frightening, hard to understand what was happening on the pitch, and really would not be a pleasant experience.

I don't think the nipper would like it, either.

*fetches coat*

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »
Applauds.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal