collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clubs you are/were glad to see the back of  (Read 18429 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Clubs you are/were glad to see the back of
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 04:29:31 PM »
Small Heath. It wouldn't bother me if we never played them again.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 04:33:03 PM »
Coventry for me....and if Chelsea and Spurs could follow them that would be great too.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »
The passage along the back of the away end at the old Manor ground in Oxford was a grim place.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »
In addition to that Manor Ground passage the police at Oxford were always vile. Hated the place.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »
The passage along the back of the away end at the old Manor ground in Oxford was a grim place.

Definitely. Especially when a load of their fans are more interested in waiting at the end of it to have a pop at you rather than actually celebrating getting to a cup final!

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 04:43:20 PM »
Have Chelsea gone down?

I remember them going down in 1988 when we passed them on the way back up.  Middlesbrough beat them over 2 legs in the play offs and they reacted in the only way they knew how by rioting and causing a great deal of bother.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »
Have Chelsea gone down?

I remember them going down in 1988 when we passed them on the way back up.  Middlesbrough beat them over 2 legs in the play offs and they reacted in the only way they knew how by rioting and causing a great deal of bother.

After Tony Dorigo had left us for them because we had gone down. Was that also not the time that Ken Bates wanted to put up an electrified fence at Stamford Bridge? In fact I think he might even have installed one but was made to take it down.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »
I never know what to make of Ken Bates, on the one hand he seems like a horrible person, but on the other hand he's really annoyed Chelsea and Leeds fans.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »
QPR. Squalid.

I never used to mind them and knew a couple of fans through work who were sound, but in the last few years they've become vulgar beyond belief.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
Have Chelsea gone down?

A special mention for Reading, Oxford and  Swindon. Clubs that have caused us more problems than they should have. Bolton, horrible ground. Oldham ditto.

Yep before the cash arrived quite frequently.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
Boro were a strange one. We always seemed to beat them comfortably up there yet they'd never lose at VP.

Anway annoyed me when they used to nick our best players and I think they're a bit of a non-descript club.

Offline nigel

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 09:03:12 PM »
Ipswich. I remember going there a few months after the pub bombings and the twats started singing "There was a tavern in the town" and "Here we go round the Mulberry Bush."
SHA,Coventry,SHA, Leeds,SHA, Millwall oh and SHA.

It always annoyed me in '81 when the media were all over Ipswich and we pi**ed on their party.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 11:43:31 PM »
Another mention for Coventry.  I've taken great delight in their misfortune over the past few seasons.  Personal favourite -them selling out the Ricoh Arena for the first and only time a couple seasons ago for a Johnstone Paint Trophy game against Crewe and losing 3-0.   

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 01:44:22 AM »
Boro were a strange one. We always seemed to beat them comfortably up there yet they'd never lose at VP.

Anway annoyed me when they used to nick our best players and I think they're a bit of a non-descript club.

Really?  I remember quite a few VP wins against Boro, including a 5-1 in 93 which the first time I saw Villa, a 3-1 near the start of 98/99, and a 1-0 I attended also in the late 90s.

Am surprised at all the Coventry mentions.  Always, thought the hate was more on their part.

Newcastle is a classic case, unlike Chelsea they remain a boogy team to this day.   Seem to thrash us a lot at their place, and noramlly get at least a draw at ours, sometimes more.  Whats really annoying is that since the Sir Bobby days often we have been as good, or better then them.

We have awful home records against both Liverpool and Arsenal.  I think we have not beat either at Villa Park since the 90s?  Would like to see that end this season.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 04:42:21 AM »
Obvious: Blues and Coventry.
Rational: Wimbledon because of that 0-3. Leeds because I'm yet to meet a fan of theirs that I'd consider to be a half-decent human being.
Unexplainable: Both Sheffield clubs. Bollocks to them both.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal