collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clubs you are/were glad to see the back of  (Read 18397 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Clubs you are/were glad to see the back of
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »
The hacienda

Finest club there ever was. Fantastic nights in there.

I am too young, but from the early 90s on it used to be full of the Gooch apparently, flashing their guns around the place.

Its apartments now. You can see it on the train just before Deans Gate on the way into Oxford Road.

Not just Gooch - Cheetham Hill and Salford as well. That's why it was much better to have gone in the late 80s, before it went to shit. 

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2014, 09:26:16 AM »
Its odd becames sometimes the dislike for a club actually comes more from the impression you get of through the media, than such factors as their fans, ground, our record against them etc... 

QPR are a bit like that for me.  I saw Villa play them a couple of times during the 90s, and at that point there was something quite charming about them.  They were a small modest club, with strong support who were able to punch above their weight for awhile.  Also, my Mum's boss at the time was a QPR fan and he was a nice bloke.  Anyway, it seems their money and over the top ambious has changed all that.  And it would be good for Villa if they went down of course.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
Its odd becames sometimes the dislike for a club actually comes more from the impression you get of through the media, than such factors as their fans, ground, our record against them etc... 

QPR are a bit like that for me.  I saw Villa play them a couple of times during the 90s, and at that point there was something quite charming about them.  They were a small modest club, with strong support who were able to punch above their weight for awhile.  Also, my Mum's boss at the time was a QPR fan and he was a nice bloke.  Anyway, it seems their money and over the top ambious has changed all that.  And it would be good for Villa if they went down of course.

Doesn't help that they've got Appy Arry in charge either.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »

Doesn't help that they've got Appy Arry in charge either.

That applies to anyone he manages at any given time.

An utter twat

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
Wimbledon,
always hated them for the way they played the way they cheated, abomination of a football club

(Apart from when they beat Liverpool in th FA cup, obviously that was ace)

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »
Did meet a nice AFC Wimbledon fan on a train last season, who was with another Villa fan, so you know sometimes the gods do shine on us :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal