collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ian Taylor left out of tour...  (Read 42236 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Ian Taylor left out of tour...
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 03:48:04 PM »
Taylor has had several 'digs' at lambert on twitter over the last few months of the season. He's a fan like us all and I don't blame him. The problem is he's also paid by villa to be an ambassador, so as much as I dislike Lambert I can see why he wouldn't want him there. Just another PR gaff to add to all the others.

It's not a 'gaff' at all. According to Lee Hendrie Taylor is unable to make the trip due to other commitments. According to an un-named media source he's not wanted because he's criticised the team, and indirectly the people who pay his wages. In those circumstances I wouldn't want him there either so I can't see how anyone can be blamed.

Did you miss the bit of my post where I said I can understand why lambert doesn't want him there? What I mean by PR gaff is that it's just more perceived bad news that potentially could of been avoided if the communication was right. As I said, I can see it from Lambert's perspective.

I read all of your post and by 'gaff' you implied mistake. It isn't their fault if Taylor is saying nothing nothing about it or if the story, such as it is, unfolded while Brian Doogan was 35,000 feet in the air,

Offline TheEgo

• GM : Sept, 2013
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
Taylor has had several 'digs' at lambert on twitter over the last few months of the season. He's a fan like us all and I don't blame him. The problem is he's also paid by villa to be an ambassador, so as much as I dislike Lambert I can see why he wouldn't want him there. Just another PR gaff to add to all the others.

It's not a 'gaff' at all. According to Lee Hendrie Taylor is unable to make the trip due to other commitments. According to an un-named media source he's not wanted because he's criticised the team, and indirectly the people who pay his wages. In those circumstances I wouldn't want him there either so I can't see how anyone can be blamed.

Did you miss the bit of my post where I said I can understand why lambert doesn't want him there? What I mean by PR gaff is that it's just more perceived bad news that potentially could of been avoided if the communication was right. As I said, I can see it from Lambert's perspective.

I read all of your post and by 'gaff' you implied mistake. It isn't their fault if Taylor is saying nothing nothing about it or if the story, such as it is, unfolded while Brian Doogan was 35,000 feet in the air,

The gaff being Taylor not tweeting if it isn't true and leaving it to Hendrie who is now unbelievably getting abused by people on twitter. Wtf?! Doogan isn't still in the air, yet nothing. I stand by it, IMO the club have once again dropped the ball.

Oh and very telling Taylor hasn't tweeted. Been told that's because it's true, back to my other point, I guess it's Lambert's prerogative who he wants there and I get that. Just makes him look a little insecure and paranoid IMO 

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »
Lee Hendrie enjoying his ambassadorial role:

http://bit.ly/1mtnq8P

and he is still orange!

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 04:08:02 PM »

The gaff being Taylor not tweeting if it isn't true and leaving it to Hendrie who is now unbelievably getting abused by people on twitter. Wtf?! Doogan isn't still in the air, yet nothing. I stand by it, IMO the club have once again dropped the ball.

Oh and very telling Taylor hasn't tweeted. Been told that's because it's true, back to my other point, I guess it's Lambert's prerogative who he wants there and I get that. Just makes him look a little insecure and paranoid IMO 

They can't MAKE Ian Taylor tweet, bleat or do anything else he doesn't want to and make your mind up. Either Lambert is right or he's "insecure and paranoid"

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
Who made the decision to take the orange midget along.He does seem to be getting a face down VP.From personal experience it's the last place he wants to be.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
Seeing as apart from speculative press stories we only have Lee Hendrie's version of events, it would appear Ian Taylor had other commitments and Hendrie has taken his place. Although this has allowed room for press speculation, without the benefit of hindsight I am not sure I would have seen the need for Taylor or the club to put out an official press release saying a club ambassador can't make a pre season tour. It is hardly a big deal, especially as someone else has stepped in to perform the role. But Ian Taylor has definitely been publicly critical of his employers on more than one occasion and in my working life I have had more than one contract of employment or staff handbook of rules and regulations that had that as a disciplinary offence and ultimately possibly a sacking offence.

Offline TheEgo

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
I said I can SEE it from Lambert's perspective, but it's not black and white and I don't need to make my mind up, I can think and see both sides. He may be right, but for me it makes him look sensitive to any sort of criticism, that's what fans and journos are now saying on twitter. Taylor only said what lambert himself said at the end of the season. Not good enough, must improve etc etc

Rather than talking about a positive tour and how that will help preparations, people are now taking about this. IMO could of been handled better. It's all about opinions though...

Offline TheEgo

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »
Seeing as apart from speculative press stories we only have Lee Hendrie's version of events, it would appear Ian Taylor had other commitments and Hendrie has taken his place. Although this has allowed room for press speculation, without the benefit of hindsight I am not sure I would have seen the need for Taylor or the club to put out an official press release saying a club ambassador can't make a pre season tour. It is hardly a big deal, especially as someone else has stepped in to perform the role. But Ian Taylor has definitely been publicly critical of his employers on more than one occasion and in my working life I have had more than one contract of employment or staff handbook of rules and regulations that had that as a disciplinary offence and ultimately possibly a sacking offence.

I agree with that. However why is it left it Hendrie to tweet AFTER getting abuse and not a simple tweet from Brian Doogan who is head of media. Too often the club says nothing and allows speculation to grow and non stories to become stories.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »
I said I can SEE it from Lambert's perspective, but it's not black and white and I don't need to make my mind up, I can think and see both sides. He may be right, but for me it makes him look sensitive to any sort of criticism, that's what fans and journos are now saying on twitter. Taylor only said what lambert himself said at the end of the season. Not good enough, must improve etc etc

Rather than talking about a positive tour and how that will help preparations, people are now taking about this. IMO could of been handled better. It's all about opinions though...

Where do you draw the line at what should and shouldn't be discussed - every bit of gossip? Every unverified transfer story? As Damo said, what kind of story is "Minor club official can't meet fans?" Lee Hendrie has said that Taylor can't make the trip and unless he himself says otherwise then that's fair enough.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2014, 04:52:03 PM »
Nice to see Kozak has made the trip. I wonder how far off he is as regards to full training.

Offline jeff

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »
If any other member of staff employed by Villa had made the comments made by Tayls at the end of last season they would be investigated, disciplined and quite possibly dismissed.
The club has a very strict policy on social media use and they make sure it is adhered to.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 04:53:48 PM »

and he is still orange!

Was that Benteke in the cap?

Good to see Kozak over there aswell, keep the injured lads involved and part of stuff.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2014, 05:17:46 PM »

and he is still orange!

Was that Benteke in the cap?

Good to see Kozak over there aswell, keep the injured lads involved and part of stuff.

yep. Great to see him walking around, and Kozak

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »

Where do you draw the line at what should and shouldn't be discussed - every bit of gossip? Every unverified transfer story? As Damo said, what kind of story is "Minor club official can't meet fans?" Lee Hendrie has said that Taylor can't make the trip and unless he himself says otherwise then that's fair enough.

You could add that the club cannot be expected to cover every social media network and fans website 24/7 ........ or do we?  I am getting tired of 'non news' being magnified, dissected and twisted to suit any given 'opinion', just because the club do not communicate on everything. 

Offline TheEgo

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »

In your opinion. We have differing ones. I've read 4 tweets from national journos now, all slating Lambert, so whilst you consider it a non story (and maybe it is) it's making waves on twitter and therefore again IMO it would be Brian Doogan's role to say something and not Lee Hendries. You're a clever guy. Do you not think Taylor would of tweeted something if it wasn't true? So for me it's not about discussing things, that's for us lot to do as fans in places like this and on twitter. The club have a responsibilty to handle these matters media matters promptly and have a damage limitation approach. As it is they once again leave themselves wide open to criticism when the focus should be on the positive.

If we're going to say nothing, or leave it to ex players,  I fail to see the point of Doogan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal