collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ian Taylor left out of tour...  (Read 42224 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: Ian Taylor left out of tour...
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 12:51:44 PM »
Has he been sacked?
I noticed Hendrie was with the players on tour, I'm wondering if he now has Taylor's job.

God, I hope not!  Surely the powers that be wouldn't be that daft!

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 12:55:29 PM »
They just need the extra hotel room for our new signing.

Scratch Taylor

Insert Messi

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »
Where was it confirmed that Ian Taylor was going on the Texas tour?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 12:56:44 PM »
Has he been sacked?
I noticed Hendrie was with the players on tour, I'm wondering if he now has Taylor's job.

Has he been sacked?

Has he been sacked?

I know, but what other reason would he be there for?

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
He retired ages ago. I know Ki has apparently turned us down, but surely we can do better than this?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »
When I've heard him on the radio he always seems a little reserved and sits on the fence,so I'm surprised by this.

Offline Saunders9

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »
From Lee Hendrie on Twitter

"@leehendrie77: Tails is still doing his same role. He couldn't attend this trip. So I've been lucky enough to be asked. I'm over the moon to be apart of it"

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 01:38:18 PM »
Were all the other ex players busy ?

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »
I'm going to go pedantic on his ass, surely it's 'Tayls'.

Pedantry over.

Offline TheEgo

• GM : Sept, 2013
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »
Taylor has had several 'digs' at lambert on twitter over the last few months of the season. He's a fan like us all and I don't blame him. The problem is he's also paid by villa to be an ambassador, so as much as I dislike Lambert I can see why he wouldn't want him there. Just another PR gaff to add to all the others.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »
Taylor has had several 'digs' at lambert on twitter over the last few months of the season. He's a fan like us all and I don't blame him. The problem is he's also paid by villa to be an ambassador, so as much as I dislike Lambert I can see why he wouldn't want him there. Just another PR gaff to add to all the others.

It's not a 'gaff' at all. According to Lee Hendrie Taylor is unable to make the trip due to other commitments. According to an un-named media source he's not wanted because he's criticised the team, and indirectly the people who pay his wages. In those circumstances I wouldn't want him there either so I can't see how anyone can be blamed.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »
This is an odd one if true.  I have not seen the content of Taylor's tweets so cannot comment, but I do believe in freedom of speech and all, but nowadays there is always a line.  If it is a choice between Taylor and Hendrie on the tour?  Taylor all the way for me.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »
Does it really matter who is carrying out the Ambassadorial role over there? As long as it's not Hodge of course.
After all, all they have to do is shake hands with people and say nice things about us and how wonderful their club is. He's hardly going to be involved with the playing side of things is he?
And let's face it, for all his faults L'il Lee is Villa through and through.
Just for the record I'd rather believe Hendrie's version than some journo I've never heard of.

Offline TheEgo

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 03:26:50 PM »

It's not a 'gaff' at all. According to Lee Hendrie Taylor is unable to make the trip due to other commitments. According to an un-named media source he's not wanted because he's criticised the team, and indirectly the people who pay his wages. In those circumstances I wouldn't want him there either so I can't see how anyone can be blamed.

Did you miss the bit of my post where I said I can understand why lambert doesn't want him there? What I mean by PR gaff is that it's just more perceived bad news that potentially could of been avoided if the communication was right. As I said, I can see it from Lambert's perspective.

Offline TheEgo

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 03:34:34 PM »
Oh and by better communication I mean the club. Ian Taylor is employed by villa, so he could have tweeted today clarifying it all. Brian Doogan could have said something. The vacuous nature of the whole club leads to speculation and sometimes unfair criticism as they are too slow to react.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal