collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fixture Changes  (Read 5614 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Fixture Changes
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »
Six of our games moved around.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3994048,00.html

Six of Villa's Barclays Premier League games have been chosen for live TV coverage.

The first set of broadcast selections for the 2014-15 campaign have been confirmed - with four of our home games and two away fixtures picked to be screened.

BT Sport will show Villa's first home match of the season against Newcastle on Saturday August 23, with the encounter now kicking off at 12.45pm.

Sky Sports are set to screen another five games featuring Paul Lambert's side.

Our fixtures against Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday September 13 and champions Manchester City at Villa Park on Saturday October 4 will now kick off at 5.30pm.

Our away trip to newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers has been switched to Monday October 27 at 8pm, although this game will revert to Saturday October 25 if either team reach the Capital One Cup fourth round.

We will now welcome Tottenham to B6 on Sunday November 2 with a 4pm kick-off, while the game against Southampton has been moved to Monday November 24 with an 8pm kick-off.

FIXTURE CHANGES

Sat Aug 23- Newcastle (H) - 12.45pm
Sat Sep 13 - Liverpool (A) - 5.30pm
Sat Oct 4 - Man City (H) - 5.30pm
Mon Oct 27 - QPR (A) - 8pm
Sun Nov 2 - Tottenham (H) - 4pm
Mon Nov 24 - Southampton (H) - 8pm

A bit annoyed about having to go to London on a Monday night as is our first home game moved to an early KO.

Offline Goldie.7

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Fixture Changes
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »
Paging Dr. Mods.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »
I'd leave it as it is personally - if people come on the site looking to find out which fixtures have been moved, a thread called "Fixture Changes" tells them what they need to know better than the tenth page of one called "2014/15".

Offline peter w

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »
QPR away is okay as it'll be a trip straight after work. Obviously would have preferred 3pm but at least it'll be easier to get a ticket with us sitting at the top of the pile come then.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:39:54 PM »
QPR away is okay as it'll be a trip straight after work. Obviously would have preferred 3pm but at least it'll be easier to get a ticket with us sitting at the top of the pile come then.

QPR now play in Lagos? Is it the 39th game?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 12:06:04 AM »
Yay, we're at home on my birthday, let's make a day of it.
Oh hang on.
Now MNF.

Bollocks.

Offline peter w

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »
Ha. No, I'm back in the UK from 16th August.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »
Hopefully, we will be a lot better on the telly than we were last season. Apart from Norwich, I can't remember winning when we were televised?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
At The Premier League Fans meeting yesterday, the point was raised re: late notification of these fixtures, and fixtures in general.

The Spurs fan rep pointed out that a month ago, a train ticket for their away match at Sunderland would have been £40, and is now over £100.

The Premier League people said that the TV match changes are increasingly held up by the police being slower and slower to agree the revised kick off times. It is the police who have the final say.

They pointed out that we now know the changes right through to November, so this will be helpful. It was only as the discussion passed (which was quick and quite hard to get heard as there were loads of people there who had been going for years and they went to more easily) that I thought, we don't need to know through to November yet - if it is so difficult to get all these changes agreed. Why didn't they just get August/September done a month ago, work on October this month, and November the month after? Surely it makes sense to agree them in shorter blocks, but with more notice?

Anyway - the other thing today is that the club had planned 140th anniversary celebration for Saturday 22nd November. Our actual 140th anniversary is the 21st, but it is not the proximity to the date, so much as the fact that there is less you can do with a Monday night. Although - maybe it just requires a re-think on plans. The plans were more for pre-match stuff around the ground, & maybe this will change to something like that Spurs anniversary game at WHL where they had flags and stuff and we were thrashing them & singing happy birthday before they made a come back. (although of course we have some very mixed memories of flags so I'm not sure how this would go down)

I guess I'd be interested as to whether people think we should make a fuss about Sky messing up our 140th anniversary plans? Is it an important enough anniversary? Is it actually just a case of re-thinking how we celebrate? Is it worth making the point simply in the hope that when it's our 150th they might think twice?

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 09:19:08 AM »
Hopefully, we will be a lot better on the telly than we were last season. Apart from Norwich, I can't remember winning when we were televised?

Chelsea at home?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 09:20:30 AM »
Norwich away aswell.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
At The Premier League Fans meeting yesterday, the point was raised re: late notification of these fixtures, and fixtures in general.

The Spurs fan rep pointed out that a month ago, a train ticket for their away match at Sunderland would have been £40, and is now over £100.

The Premier League people said that the TV match changes are increasingly held up by the police being slower and slower to agree the revised kick off times. It is the police who have the final say.

They pointed out that we now know the changes right through to November, so this will be helpful. It was only as the discussion passed (which was quick and quite hard to get heard as there were loads of people there who had been going for years and they went to more easily) that I thought, we don't need to know through to November yet - if it is so difficult to get all these changes agreed. Why didn't they just get August/September done a month ago, work on October this month, and November the month after? Surely it makes sense to agree them in shorter blocks, but with more notice?

Anyway - the other thing today is that the club had planned 140th anniversary celebration for Saturday 22nd November. Our actual 140th anniversary is the 21st, but it is not the proximity to the date, so much as the fact that there is less you can do with a Monday night. Although - maybe it just requires a re-think on plans. The plans were more for pre-match stuff around the ground, & maybe this will change to something like that Spurs anniversary game at WHL where they had flags and stuff and we were thrashing them & singing happy birthday before they made a come back. (although of course we have some very mixed memories of flags so I'm not sure how this would go down)

I guess I'd be interested as to whether people think we should make a fuss about Sky messing up our 140th anniversary plans? Is it an important enough anniversary? Is it actually just a case of re-thinking how we celebrate? Is it worth making the point simply in the hope that when it's our 150th they might think twice?

I think we should make a fuss to sky! A Monday night game would mean less people and particularly younger supporters would have the chance to get involved with any celebrations.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »

If it was the 100th or 150th then yes, a fuss should be made about the game being moved. However, 140 is a pretty meaningless number to me. No different to 139 or 141 as far as I'm concerned.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »
I was looking forward to a messy all day Saturday session in Shepherds Bush as a poor substitute for Fulham. Now it's going to be a couple of swifties after work before the game on a Monday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal