collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kieran Richardson - Signed  (Read 25862 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Kieron Richardson - Signed
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:10 PM »
Not really sure of what to make of him. He scored a corker against us and that is about all I can remember from the past few seasons!

Scored two goals for England in the same game once. Think it was against Wales. One was a lovely free kick if I remember correctly.

Good luck to him.
USA I think.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »
Best of luck in B6

Online Dave

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »
Presumably this is going to an end to any interest that we might have had in Bertrand.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
Presumably this is going to an end to any interest that we might have had in Bertrand.

I read on the beeb gossip that Spuds and Liverpool were interested in him for 8 million, but I could be wrong.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 06:15:44 PM »

I think so. There likely would have been a fee also that we avoid. Mind you, Bertrand dropped off a bit after a good start. A good player but you wonder would he have been worth the £5-6m he'd have cost plus wages?

Online Dave

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 06:17:30 PM »

I think so. There likely would have been a fee also that we avoid. Mind you, Bertrand dropped off a bit after a good start. A good player but you wonder would he have been worth the £5-6m he'd have cost plus wages?
I agree. I'd have had no problem signing Bertrand permanently, but if the choice is Richardson + £8m to (I know, I know) spend elsewhere or Bertrand then I'd go for the former any day.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »

It's a fair point but at the same time his resale value would have been decent.

Anyway, welcome Kieran - I hope you can make a difference.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 06:22:44 PM »
Bertrand didn't look a £6-£8 million full back when he was playing with us, so I can't say I'm gutted that we didn't make the deal permanent.  He's no Kyle Walker.   As well as worselves, left back has been a problem position for the Redscouse in recent years. If they sign Bertrand, I don't see that changing.

Richardson looks the best of the three we've signed so far. Not outstanding, by any means. But not as suspect as Senderos or Cole.

Offline johnboy

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 06:24:10 PM »
Welcome to all 3, I am impressed with Richardson, more of a solid back line now.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 06:30:41 PM »
Not a bad signing, really, and I suppose when you consider the level at which we seem to be shopping now it's pretty good.

He's fairly solid, fairly quick and fairly good at passing. All of which make him better than any other left back we have.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »
I've warmed to this signing since the story first broke. Hope he does well.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »
Ameobi next please.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
Welcome and good luck Kieran.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »
Another cheap signing but I've always quite liked Richardson and I think he's a better player than Bertrand anyway. He's quite attack minded as well, which is welcome.
I really wish Villa would stop the cringe worthy way we introduce our new players though - listing trophies won and caps earned etc elsewhere is very small time and something we'd point and laugh at if Small Heath or Albion did it. For crying out loud we're Aston Villa not some johnny come lately who are visiting the Premier League for a season. Just bloody stop it!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »
Another cheap signing but I've always quite liked Richardson and I think he's a better player than Bertrand anyway. He's quite attack minded as well, which is welcome.
I really wish Villa would stop the cringe worthy way we introduce our new players though - listing trophies won and caps earned etc elsewhere is very small time and something we'd point and laugh at if Small Heath or Albion did it. For crying out loud we're Aston Villa not some johnny come lately who are visiting the Premier League for a season. Just bloody stop it!

The Joe Cole picture was embarrassing but haven't we basically just done a bio for Richardson at the end of the announcement page?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal