collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Goodbye Paul Faulkner.  (Read 52440 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Goodbye Paul Faulkner.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
Just glad he's gone either way. He was part and parcel of some mental decisions down B6 so I'm shedding no tears .

Whilst I agree, he deserves a lot of the criticism he has had in the past, i think you have to look at this sensibly and seperate what we think of Faulkner and what is best for the club.

I am pretty unimpressed with his tenure, so like you, ordinarily wouldn't be overly upset to see him go. But to go now, with the club in a state of uncertainty, with all the talk of takeovers, with the players just returned for training, with a chairman who wants out but can't get out?

Would I have wanted him to go now? No, I can't see how that is going to be any good for the club. It just looks like another element of uncertainty added to the pot.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:33 AM »
Is Faulkner a rat deserting a sinking ship?

Or is he simply leaving because the club will not have a place for him after the takeover next season? Maybe there are opportunities he wants to explore now rather than in a couple of months?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »
We're not hiring a new CEO, Robin Russel has stepped up to cover.

Is correct, there's no chance a new CEO will be appointed.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
Would I have wanted him to go now? No, I can't see how that is going to be any good for the club. It just looks like another element of uncertainty added to the pot.

That's an excellent point, and the fact that he is stepping down when the club needs him most makes me think even less favourably of him.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:30:07 AM by RussellC »

Offline RussellC

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »
Also - I wonder if this will have any effect on Delph's new contract?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »

That's an excellent point, and the fact that he is stepping down when the club needs him most makes me think even less favourably of him.

Why? He does have his own career to think about. He's not duty bound to pledge himself to the club. People move on to different things all the time.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 10:33:36 AM »
Careers in football chop and change probably more than most.

Offline Monty

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 10:35:20 AM »
Also - I wonder if this will have any effect on Delph's new contract?

Maybe there is no contract - maybe this was the 'good news'.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »

Why? He does have his own career to think about. He's not duty bound to pledge himself to the club. People move on to different things all the time.

Oh, I totally agree with that, too. He is completely at will to do what he wants in that sense, he doesn't owe us anything. It's really the wider situation I was talking about and that I don't see how him going now is good for the club.

We used to complain Faulkner wasn't a football person. How much of one do we think Robin Russell is going to be?

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 10:37:29 AM »

Exactly, why should he hang around knowing he likely won't be part of any new regime? If I was him and I had opportunities elsewhere now, I'd move on.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »
The statement on the club website says that Lerner and Faulkner couldn't agree on PF's role within RL's wider business structure, ie post sale. I don't see how this really affects us that much.

You can't blame the bloke for thinking of his future career prospects.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:39:21 AM by Villan For Life »

Offline RussellC

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »

Of course they do, but as an Aston Villa fan my regard for him is shaped by what he's done for the Football Club. A series of bad decisions, followed by stepping down when the club is in a state of limbo. That, ultimately, was why my opinion of MON soured and why I wont be rushing to wish either of them well in their future pursuits.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »
Let's hope we find a CEO with football experience.PF has found the right place to work at the FA.

Steve Stride?

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »
Somebdoy had said a while ago that they'd heard Faulkner was planning on stepping down.
I think he abseiled down. I wonder if Keane's stare and handshake on their meeting yesterday had any influence in this.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:44:06 AM by villasjf »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal