Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Villa players you actually forgot played for us.

(1/70) > >>

SoccerHQ:
Watched some highlights of our 3-0 win over Sheffield United just now, memorable day. Patrick Berger scored a nice goal which actually reminded me he played for us for apparently 3 seasons.

I think he had a good run of form round that point as apparently he still was in our squad for 2007/08 even though I can't recall him being involved in any games that year? Same for 2005/06!

Which is the one for you that apparently played for us but you can't remember them.

Ian.:
Well this is hard to answer as if I can't remember them I've  got nothing to post. ;)

KevinGage:
You'll be doing very well to get a picture of Alan McLoughlin in a Villa kit.

Ireland legend, for the goal he scored against the North that secured World Cup qualification in 1993.

Came on as a sub for us v Luton in 1991 at home, during a nondescript loanspell, IIRC.

Brian McClair, Frank McAvennie, Hans Gilhous and  Henrik Larson (the Dane, rather than the Swede) were also on our books after more prominent spells elsewhere.

PeterWithesShin:
A few players who would probably stump me in those Missing Men things, Agathe, Kinsella, fashanu, Sutton, Heath, Tiler, Calderwood to name a few. The likes of Dawkins and Jenas will join them in a few years.

SoccerHQ:
I always remember Sutton for the deft header he scored v Everton but yeah we got him just before he was about to retire so suppose you can forget he played here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version