collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Roy Keane - new assistant manager (CONFIRMED)  (Read 224885 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Roy Keane - new assistant manager (CONFIRMED)
« Reply #1350 on: October 23, 2014, 08:35:08 PM »
Speaking of the band has there ever been a more characterless front man in the history of music

I always used to hate their pianist, who used to jump around in a "look at me, I might be playing the piano, but I'm still rocking out" style thing.

Deeply irritating.

I disagree we are most like Keane, though - Keane had a few hits.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1351 on: October 23, 2014, 10:17:39 PM »
Speaking of the band has there ever been a more characterless front man in the history of music

I always used to hate their pianist, who used to jump around in a "look at me, I might be playing the piano, but I'm still rocking out" style thing.

Deeply irritating.

I disagree we are most like Keane, though - Keane had a few hits.

They used to boast about having no guitars as well. A band without guitars is like a pub without beer.
Wankers.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1352 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:29 PM »
I think Keane is doing a great job. There is some steel, organisation and desire to be seen on the pitch this season (something that has sadly been missing for far too long). I actually like him. I find his honesty refreshing. He's a battler. Being Irish (and agreeing to that job first after having 3 years out of football) it's not a big shock to me that he would put more emphasis on that job than ours. I hope in time he has a genuine affection for us and continues to do a great job for us for a considerable time. I like the way he's come out and called Ferguson too - about time somebody did.

I don't think Keane does 'affection', Diablo. He is quite professional though!

You may have a point lol. I got the feeling that he has an emotional tie to Ireland (despite his infamous bust up) and also Man United. But after playing for both for so long it is only natural/human. He seemed to speak affectionately about Sunderland too during that BBC interview.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1353 on: October 23, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »
It's not too often I wholeheartedly agree with s_h, but in this instance, hat off and round of applause.

Offline dekko

« Reply #1354 on: October 23, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »

Worth bearing in mind is that at the height of their fame he was addicted to cocaine.

He managed to be that boring and characterless even though he was coked up to the eyeballs

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1355 on: October 24, 2014, 03:26:41 AM »
Never trust a bastard with rosy cheeks.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1356 on: October 26, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »
Roy Keane has launched an attack on the network of ex-Manchester United players who he claims are afraid to criticise the club, likening the culture to the mafia.

The former midfielder, who spent 12 years at the club across one of its most successful eras, also compared the club to Disneyland for the way it is viewed by some of those connected at the club.

“When I look at United there’s just a lot of propaganda now, a lot of nonsense gets spoken, a lot of ex-players now work for the club, they are on contracts, ex-players from the 60s and 70s working for United and they always try to kid you on,” Keane said, before discussing the fall-out from his take on Nani's read card in a Champions League tie against Real Madrid.

“I had it with all the Nani stuff. My opinion was Nani meant it, he saw the guy coming, and he definitely meant it – the guy deserved to be sent off. But I remember Robbo (Bryan Robson) the next day. Robbo, who works for Man United – great player he was, but he’s employed by Man United so he’s got to comment on Man United, and what do you think he’s going to say? ‘Keaney’ – and I can still remember him saying it like that – ‘Keaney was the only one at Old Trafford who thought it was a red card.’ Well, the fucking referee thought it was a red card.

“That’s why I took a step back from Man United. They’re all decent lads, don’t get me wrong, but it’s almost like a mafia situation. If you think it’s a sending-off or David Gill might be wrong or Alex Ferguson, you say it. These people are just: ‘It’s Man United, woh!’ It’s like Disneyland – Man United Land, with fucking Mickey Mouse running everywhere."

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1357 on: October 26, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »
I've just had an image of Man Utd Land, probably just off the M62 , and I think it's a goer.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1358 on: October 26, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »
Roy Keane has launched an attack on the network of ex-Manchester United players who he claims are afraid to criticise the club, likening the culture to the mafia.

The former midfielder, who spent 12 years at the club across one of its most successful eras, also compared the club to Disneyland for the way it is viewed by some of those connected at the club.

“When I look at United there’s just a lot of propaganda now, a lot of nonsense gets spoken, a lot of ex-players now work for the club, they are on contracts, ex-players from the 60s and 70s working for United and they always try to kid you on,” Keane said, before discussing the fall-out from his take on Nani's read card in a Champions League tie against Real Madrid.

“I had it with all the Nani stuff. My opinion was Nani meant it, he saw the guy coming, and he definitely meant it – the guy deserved to be sent off. But I remember Robbo (Bryan Robson) the next day. Robbo, who works for Man United – great player he was, but he’s employed by Man United so he’s got to comment on Man United, and what do you think he’s going to say? ‘Keaney’ – and I can still remember him saying it like that – ‘Keaney was the only one at Old Trafford who thought it was a red card.’ Well, the fucking referee thought it was a red card.

“That’s why I took a step back from Man United. They’re all decent lads, don’t get me wrong, but it’s almost like a mafia situation. If you think it’s a sending-off or David Gill might be wrong or Alex Ferguson, you say it. These people are just: ‘It’s Man United, woh!’ It’s like Disneyland – Man United Land, with fucking Mickey Mouse running everywhere."

Always said they were a Mickey Mouse club :)

Offline supertom

« Reply #1359 on: October 26, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »
I've just had an image of Man Utd Land, probably just off the M62 , and I think it's a goer.
Probably full of tourists from London and South East Asia.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1360 on: October 27, 2014, 11:13:13 AM »

Be better if it was just off the M25!

Offline McRusson

« Reply #1361 on: October 28, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »
I'm pleased we took Keane on because I feel we have much more to gain than lose with his presence. However, it's becoming clear that AVFC are purely a stop off point to keep him in football until something else comes up. Worse, he's used the opportunity to raise his profile in order to flog his book (funny how the silly beard came off the moment he'd finished the media circuit). Let's face it we're a stepping stone on another football man's journey.

PS. I will not be saying this to his face.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1362 on: October 28, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
From the bits I could see I thought he looked pretty disinterested last night

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1363 on: October 28, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »
He is a crap coach and manager. He proved that with Sunderland at this level and Ipswich at a lower level. I really don't know what he is doing here?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1364 on: October 28, 2014, 04:41:05 PM »
growing an unfeasibly long beard, shaving it off again, promoting his book and telling the media that if the Villa gig upsets MON and their Irish gig, he'll be off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal