collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1033988 times)

Online chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #11610 on: September 17, 2019, 09:11:11 AM »
I'd take the captaincy off him and give it to Mings, less burden on his shoulders and he needs to play much further up the pitch. Some of his passing last night was poor too.
That would be massively counter productive.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #11611 on: September 17, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »
Watching him closely last night, he seemed to have the weight of the world in his shoulders, especially near the end.

He looked frustrated with the lack of anything productive from the front three and was almost deciding to just do it himself. 

I just thought he had a poor game. His passes were astray with alarming regularity.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #11612 on: September 17, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »
This stat sums up how important other teams think Jack is, even if some of us do not - Since the start of last season, Aston Villa's Jack Grealish has been fouled 179 times in league football (including play-offs), 49 more than any other player in the top four tiers.

Now imagine what he would be like if he wasn't fouled so much.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #11613 on: September 17, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »
This stat sums up how important other teams think Jack is, even if some of us do not - Since the start of last season, Aston Villa's Jack Grealish has been fouled 179 times in league football (including play-offs), 49 more than any other player in the top four tiers.

Now imagine what he would be like if he wasn't fouled so much.

I agree, I think the issue is that he's fouled in places where a resulting free-kick isn't really in a threatening position.

We could do with him playing a little further forward.

I thought last night he was trying too hard.

Online Bren'd

• GM : 23.02.2020
« Reply #11614 on: September 17, 2019, 11:02:57 AM »
I'd take the captaincy off him and give it to Mings, less burden on his shoulders and he needs to play much further up the pitch. Some of his passing last night was poor too.

That would be massively counter productive.

Agree. Grealish stays Captain.  Mings can be Sgt Major.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #11615 on: September 17, 2019, 11:06:46 AM »

I agree, I think the issue is that he's fouled in places where a resulting free-kick isn't really in a threatening position.

It would be good to see him only in the opposing half:
Wes, Grealish & one winger up front - McGinn, Luis & Marvellous midfield - bold but feisty!

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #11616 on: September 17, 2019, 11:09:03 AM »
His best play is/has always been in and around the D. Rarely there now. Remember his goal at Leicester? Should be getting regular goals like that.
Also, make him club captain, Mings team captain.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #11617 on: September 17, 2019, 11:15:21 AM »
Its great getting free kicks but our set pieces and even corners are dire at the moment.    I watched a free kick last night and no Idea what they were trying to do with it , it was such a waste again.

Online Bren'd

• GM : 23.02.2020
« Reply #11618 on: September 17, 2019, 11:23:39 AM »

Wes, Grealish & one winger up front - McGinn, Luis & Marvellous midfield - bold but feisty!

I'd give that a go Saturday. 

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #11619 on: September 17, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »

I'd give that a go Saturday.

I like to think here would be a fluidity about it with McGinn pushing forward too.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #11620 on: September 17, 2019, 12:29:02 PM »
His best play is/has always been in and around the D. Rarely there now. Remember his goal at Leicester? Should be getting regular goals like that.
Also, make him club captain, Mings team captain.

I never really understood the point of a "club captain" that wasn't a "team captain".  What do they do?  It felt like an honorary title when Gabby got given it - essentially saying, you're too crap to do the job any more but you've been here for ages so we'll give you this booby prize instead.

A bit like when HDE was made "Honorary President".

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #11621 on: September 17, 2019, 12:38:41 PM »
I thought last night was Jack's best game for us in the Prem, he looked great on the ball and was clearly our main threat.

I really don't agree with pushing him out to the wings, I think you need to play your best player in his best position, which is clearly in central midfield (he's said this himself in recent interviews).

I think a huge reason he ended up so deep last night was due to Taylor, who is often on the same side as Jack but very rarely looks to bomb on and cause the opposition any problems. He tends to hold it and play it safe, which slows Jack down massively in getting up the pitch. With Targett in the team, I think Jack will get a lot more joy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #11622 on: September 17, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »
Where is Targett by the way?  Still injured, or just not fancied?  I was hoping that he'd bring the same sort of impetus that Guilbert has had on the right.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11623 on: September 17, 2019, 12:52:54 PM »
Where is Targett by the way?  Still injured, or just not fancied?  I was hoping that he'd bring the same sort of impetus that Guilbert has had on the right.

Back in training, DS said he should be fit for next week.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #11624 on: September 17, 2019, 01:11:16 PM »
Was hit and miss last night again gave 110%and one or two worldy moments couture his options were limited by the crap in front of him namely jota and Wesley