collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 923661 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #10875 on: May 17, 2019, 12:46:25 AM »
I just wonder if they will a week on Monday. West brom weren't really playing to type against us. But they made a pretty good case for how best to play against us. Go man to man against grealish and mcginn. Defend deep. Wait for us to gift you the ball in our own half

That is all true in my estimation, but Derby don't have the players to play that way. They will attack, and we will attack, and the team with the most composure will win.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #10876 on: May 17, 2019, 07:42:03 AM »
They could play Johnson and huddlestone as two DMs up against Jack and mcginn. But the latter in particular would struggle to keep up with their mobility so perhaps you're right

I do worry about Wilson and Mount just running off the back of our midfield. They've both got real goal threat.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10877 on: May 17, 2019, 08:41:57 AM »
West Brom may have made a case, but they still lost.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #10878 on: May 17, 2019, 02:09:55 PM »
The upcoming final vs Derby is interesting regarding Super Jack because I get the feeling whatever the outcome it will be his last championship game. If we win we get promoted and Jack becomes a prem league player, in the shop window for future England squads which is what he wants. If we lose the chances of a transfer are more likely. What I want from Jack is probably what he's going to give us anyway. I want him to be on the top of his game from the 1st minute to the 90+ minute influencing things at the right end of the pitch as he did at VP against Derby. I don't really want to see Jack (as someone said recently) receiving the ball  in his own half from the centre back and giving it to the left back. If Jack is on top of his game like one or two others (Tammy,  SJM, Tyronne) then our chances of winning will be greater. So come on Super Jack help us to realise all our dreams! UTV!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #10879 on: May 17, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »
... the answer is better movement from those around him so he has options.
This is the critical point. No good ball player is going to play at their best if the passing options ar elimited and the oppo have packed the defence.
My hope is that Deano is impressing on the whole team the need to keep moving and to play quick passes into the spaces that our players are moving into. Whe nwe slow it down we look very ponderous and lacking in ideas.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #10880 on: May 17, 2019, 06:02:16 PM »
West Brom may have made a case, but they still lost.

And dispite there whole gameplan been centered around stopping him from playing, he still set up both of our goals.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #10881 on: May 17, 2019, 11:17:13 PM »

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #10882 on: May 17, 2019, 11:37:57 PM »
Social media disseminates hatred towards a decent, loyal and nice lad, whose only ‘crime’ is to be a bit effeminate (by footballer standards) and have the temerity to play for us.

Saddening but just makes me respect and appreciate what he does for us even more. After Tony Morley and Paul McGrath I don’t think I’ve ever held a Villa player in higher regard.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #10883 on: May 18, 2019, 03:35:28 AM »
The upcoming final vs Derby is interesting regarding Super Jack because I get the feeling whatever the outcome it will be his last championship game.................
I think there is no doubt whatsoever it will be his last championship game.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #10884 on: May 18, 2019, 05:59:12 AM »
Words fail me.  Scum.

https://twitter.com/_mattavfc/status/1129391077251854336?s=19

A dreadful human being. I've seen him on Twitter many times spouting absolutely disgusting filth about Villa. Fuck him. Win at Wembley, Jack with the winner.

Offline andyh

« Reply #10885 on: May 19, 2019, 07:20:48 AM »
It appears Jacks shin injury was a fracture then?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #10886 on: May 19, 2019, 07:32:21 AM »
It appears Jacks shin injury was a fracture then?

What??

Offline andyh

« Reply #10887 on: May 19, 2019, 07:39:50 AM »
I hate to post the link to this shit rag but.....

PWS: You could always have c&p it? I'll do it so as people don't have to visit that rag.

JACK GREALISH has revealed the ‘horrific pain’ he suffered playing with a broken shin for TWO MONTHS.

He will lead Aston Villa out at Wembley on Monday week after his return from injury inspired a 10-game winning streak that catapulted his boyhood club into the play-offs.

The midfielder, 23, experienced pure joy at local rivals West Brom after Tuesday’s semi-final win on penalties — unlike the agony he was in at The Hawthorns in December.

Grealish might have missed the play-offs altogether had he got his own way by ignoring Villa doctor Ricky Shamji’s advice.

Brummie Grealish said: “I did the damage in a game against Swansea in Dean Smith’s first game as boss on October 20.

“I carried on playing — even though I wasn’t really training throughout November and December.

“When we played West Brom at The Hawthorns on December 7, the pain in my shin was horrific.

“It turned out to be a fracture, which was sending pain into my ankle and the bottom of my left foot.

“Before the West Brom game I said, ‘I don’t think I’m going to be able to play’.

“The doc gave me an injection, it settled me down and I played until ten minutes from time.

“But that was the point when I thought, ‘I can’t carry on doing this’, and went for a scan the next morning.

“I was on my way to London for our Christmas party when the doc rang — and he sounded low.

“He said, ‘It’s not good news. You’ve fractured your leg and you’re not going to be able to play until March’.

“I said, ‘Nah, I can play now but it’s so painful — just give me a month and I’ll be sorted’.

“But he said, ‘You can’t. If someone boots you, you’ve already fractured the bone. You could then have a major break to your leg and do some real damage to it’.”

Grealish’s lay-off did at least allow the star to improve his upper-body strength as he threw himself into some serious gym work.

And he also showed boss Smith his captaincy credentials by lifting Tammy Abraham’s spirits while his crocked team-mate was also recovering from injury.

Smith handed Grealish the armband for the first time when he returned on March 2, scoring a stunner in a 4-0 home win over Derby.

Grealish added: “When Tammy was injured, I said to him, ‘Listen to your uncle Jack. When I’m back, it will all change’.

“I was just talking utter rubbish — I didn’t know if it really would.

“Luckily, we won the next 10 games on the spin.

“Tammy’s not said anything about it to me since then. But if we win at Wembley, it will be, ‘I told you we’d be all right!’.”

Grealish, who was a target for Tottenham last summer, continued: “I dreamed of playing for Villa.

“I was the kid at the side of the pitch watching everyone warm up.

“I was the kid who was waiting outside the ground for autographs.

“Captaining Aston Villa now means everything. Sometimes I honestly just pinch myself.

“I can’t put into words what it would mean to win the play-offs.”

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:23:49 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline eamonn

« Reply #10888 on: May 19, 2019, 03:30:10 PM »
Listen to yer Uncle Jack! Love it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10889 on: May 20, 2019, 04:44:45 PM »
Apparently Alfie Perkins had a fall at Wembley on Saturday and is seriously ill in hospital with some saying he's in a coma. As odious and unacceptable as what he said in the past was, I hope the kid pulls through okay.