collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1080295 times)

Offline RichardBatchelor

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #11880 on: October 21, 2019, 12:24:07 PM »
I havenít loved a player this much since Morley and McGrath.

Good times.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #11881 on: October 21, 2019, 04:11:32 PM »
Nah he is an overated, diving , cheating, greasy haired tosser that plays for them vile

How many fans of other clubs would just love a player as good as him, who has such a heart of gold (just take a look at some of the things he does in his own time without much praise or coaching) and was captain of their club and captain of the club he absolutely loves himself. It really is boys own stuff

Proud aint the word to describe.

We all saw the images of him in the Sherwood days lying on the floor pissed etc - how he has grown as a player and as a man is incredible and a credit to himself and the club

I said a while ago his feinting and moving reminds me of Best in his pomp - his balance and confidence with the ball with players all around him is exceptional

Online darren woolley

« Reply #11882 on: October 21, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »
For me Paul McGrath, Gary Shaw, Jack Grealish they are the three I would pick as my top three of Villa players right now and I've left some absolute wonderful players out.

Offline KRS

« Reply #11883 on: October 21, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »
True talent, a true credit to himself, his family and the club...and we'll all be truly proud when he steps on the pitch as an England player having had the pleasure of watching his football journey develop and progress over the last few years.

Online Bren'd

• GM : 23.02.2020
« Reply #11884 on: October 21, 2019, 05:56:41 PM »
Depending on the system Southgate wants to play, he and Maddison could make an exceptional tandem for England.

I agree, with Rice in behind them but focused on keeping it simple and holding his position so they're free to get forward. That's a midfield that could stay together for 7-8 years.

Yep, with players like Sancho and Stirling ahead of them? Also Foden in the mix? This is a lot of talent of a kind we're unused to seeing with England, and Jack is up there with all of them.

Tammy, Foden and Mount on the bench as options is fantastic depth. Hudson-Odoi needs to be kept in the mix as well and I'd be looking to find a left back and DM that are on the same level.

Hudson Odoi, Iíve never seen him play except fleetingly in highlights. He might be really good, in fact he must be really good because everybody seems to be saying heís really good. I havenít seen him once where heís been just quite good.

Jack has looked very good for some time and if he isnít in the next starting 11 for England then Southgate has to be deemed useless.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #11885 on: October 21, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
Hudson-Odoi reminds me of Jack in a lot of ways in that he tricks people with body movements as much as by moving the ball. He's also got that same effortless first touch and instinct to take a touch and look up before doing anything else.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11886 on: October 21, 2019, 11:08:20 PM »
All fart and no shit.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11887 on: October 21, 2019, 11:20:25 PM »
All fart and no shit.

Go easy on the lentils?

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #11888 on: October 22, 2019, 11:18:44 AM »
All fart and no shit.

3 assists in about a game and a half's worth of minutes since Hudson-Odoi returned from a long term injury suggests otherwise. He's excellent - as is this entire crop of young English players, of which Grealish, at 24, could really become a key player for the next 6-7 years. 

The parts of that twitter compilation from the weekend where Jack won back and serenely held, carried and passed the ball out of deep areas looked almost identical to similar clips of Frenkie de Jong, formerly of Ajax, now Barcelona. If he'd come through in another country he'd probably have been played as a number 6 midfielder and be being talked about in the same way as de Jong now, he's that good. You can't teach the composure and confidence on the ball in such pressure situations that he has. Only a handful of top players have it. He's really very special and it's amazing we've produced him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:25:27 AM by Keeno »

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11889 on: October 22, 2019, 01:19:59 PM »
Mind you, there are people on here who wanted him dropped a few weeks ago. Patience really is needed sometimes.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #11890 on: October 22, 2019, 04:03:20 PM »
All fart and no shit.

3 assists in about a game and a half's worth of minutes since Hudson-Odoi returned from a long term injury suggests otherwise. He's excellent - as is this entire crop of young English players, of which Grealish, at 24, could really become a key player for the next 6-7 years. 

The parts of that twitter compilation from the weekend where Jack won back and serenely held, carried and passed the ball out of deep areas looked almost identical to similar clips of Frenkie de Jong, formerly of Ajax, now Barcelona. If he'd come through in another country he'd probably have been played as a number 6 midfielder and be being talked about in the same way as de Jong now, he's that good. You can't teach the composure and confidence on the ball in such pressure situations that he has. Only a handful of top players have it. He's really very special and it's amazing we've produced him.

I think Jack has a better eye for a gap than de Jong but isn't as good defensively, it is a decent comparison though.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #11891 on: October 22, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »
The who scored .com player rating stats have SuperJack Grealish as the in form player in premier league. On last 6 appearances.
He's only second to Ronaldo on ratings in Europe's big five leagues.
And in premier league he has shown consistently his form and is now top ratings for performance stats!!

Premier league:
1.Jack Grealish 8.04
2 Sergio Aguero 7.71
2 John McGinn 7.71
2Ricardo Periea 7.71
3KDB 7.69
4Rodri 7.61
4Abraham 7.61
5Ndidi 7.60
6Sterling 7.57
7Jorginho 7.54

The beautiful thing is there is more to come from Grealish!

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #11892 on: October 22, 2019, 11:48:41 PM »
All fart and no shit.

I think Jack has a better eye for a gap than de Jong but isn't as good defensively, it is a decent comparison though.

Yep that's fair. I think had he been deployed deeper from a younger age in a system the same way de Jong has, he'd have taken on some of that defensive game-reading he maybe lacks. Watching the compilation, the comparison is uncanny at times.

https://youtu.be/FefQtu8LQ7U?t=123 Look familiar?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:52:05 PM by Keeno »

Online Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #11893 on: October 22, 2019, 11:57:12 PM »
The one thing Jack has compared to the others mentioned, he hasn't had a good coach before now, It's all down to him. His managers/coaches have all been crap in his formative years. Imagine him now if he'd had a good coach for the last 7 years. He'd be light-years ahead.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #11894 on: October 23, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »
Mind you, there are people on here who wanted him dropped a few weeks ago. Patience really is needed sometimes.

Mind you, there are people on here who wanted Steve Bruce to stay, and if that had happened Jack would be playing for somebody else.