collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Grealish  (Read 1132878 times)

Offline Dougs Socks

Re: Jack Grealish
« Reply #11040 on: June 19, 2019, 12:25:23 AM »
Hes going to be tested in the PL. Its much faster. Defenders are much better. Midfielders will close him down quicker and not allow him room. Were going to see if Jack can make the step up. It will be fascinating to watch him develop.

I think he will thrive with having an half decent holding midfielder behind him. Whom that will be, should be answered over the next few weeks. McGinn also.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #11041 on: June 19, 2019, 06:37:31 AM »
Id like to think therell be better refereeing too.  Certainly one of the most glaring things being down there was the shocking officiating of games and Jack was kicked from pillar to post. 

Offline mike

« Reply #11042 on: June 19, 2019, 06:38:32 AM »
Many people had doubts. And rightly so. It was bad time for him and the club. So many negative influences all around him.

In the end Jack made changes in his life. I credit his family with a lot of that, I would credit Steve Bruce with that and positive influences like John Terry and more recently Dean Smith. But most of all its down to him. Not everyone sees the light. He did.

Compare and contrast - Jack Grealish and Lee Hendrie (and I think Lee was a great player).

Too early yet. Lee had a good career really in hindsight. A few England caps is top notch. Youd think from here on in Jacks will be better and you wouldnt think hell run out of money either.

The compare and contrast was meant to be how they matured from being daft lads. Lee never quite did. I really think he would have been a regular England player if he'd ever properly grown up. Jack is 23 and already mature enough to be team captain. I don't do hyperbole (I'm a Brummy, I barely do optimism of any kind) but I think Jack could be our standout player since McGrath.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #11043 on: June 19, 2019, 06:51:56 AM »
Lee has matured a lot in recent times.  He struggles hard with a limited vocabulary as a match summariser not helped by his Brummie accent.  I have one so I am allowed to say that.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 31.07.2020
« Reply #11044 on: June 19, 2019, 07:00:52 AM »
Lee has matured a lot in recent times.  He struggles hard with a limited vocabulary as a match summariser not helped by his Brummie accent.  I have one so I am allowed to say that.

If he didnt spend so much money on fake tan then hed be able to afford elocution lessons. I too have a Brummie accent so Im allowed to say it un all.

Offline Ads

• GM : 26.03.2020
« Reply #11045 on: June 19, 2019, 08:44:50 AM »
I'm with Monty. He isn't best English player, but I wouldn't swap him with any other Englishman.

Just watched his goal against Rotherham again too. How could you swap him CD?!

Offline Bren'd

• GM : 23.02.2020
« Reply #11046 on: June 19, 2019, 09:17:55 AM »
Sterling ahead of Jack? Proposterous.

Sterling has pace, his biggest asset. His passing, awareness, decision making and overall finishing are poor to midling. Once the pace goes you will be left with an average player.

Jack doesn't posess great pace but awareness and decision making and passing are way ahead of Sterling's. He will improve in this area too.  There's no other English player I'd rather at our club.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
« Reply #11047 on: June 19, 2019, 09:24:57 AM »

Sterling has pace, his biggest asset. His passing, awareness, decision making and overall finishing are poor to midling. Once the pace goes you will be left with an average player.

Jack doesn't posess great pace but awareness and decision making and passing are way ahead of Sterling's. He will improve in this area too.  There's no other English player I'd rather at our club.
I love Jack, I really do.  But this sort of stuff just makes us look ridiculous.  Pretty sure this thread will be linked on one of the obsessed sites soon and they'll be having a chuckle.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #11048 on: June 19, 2019, 09:37:56 AM »
Sterling is a much better player then Jack currently.

I know we are all guilty of wearing claret and blue tinted glasses but does anyone really think otherwise?

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #11049 on: June 19, 2019, 09:51:09 AM »
Sterling is a much better player then Jack currently.

I know we are all guilty of wearing claret and blue tinted glasses but does anyone really think otherwise?

Nope, I dont

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #11050 on: June 19, 2019, 09:55:07 AM »

This was true until about 18months ago. Since then Sterling has improved massively in almost all areas of his game and he's now one of the best players in the league. I wouldn't swap Jack for him but that's not because I don't think Sterling is currently a better player, it's that I think Jack gives an extra 10% because he's one of us and that drive will see him get better and better over the next few years.

Offline Bren'd

« Reply #11051 on: June 19, 2019, 10:15:40 AM »

This was true until about 18months ago. Since then Sterling has improved massively in almost all areas of his game and he's now one of the best players in the league. I wouldn't swap Jack for him but that's not because I don't think Sterling is currently a better player, it's that I think Jack gives an extra 10% because he's one of us and that drive will see him get better and better over the next few years.

Yes, Sterling has improved over the last 12 months I'd say and is now a very good player.  He still has odd games where he is the frustrating Sterling of old mind. 

Offline Bren'd

« Reply #11052 on: June 19, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »

I love Jack, I really do.  But this sort of stuff just makes us look ridiculous.  Pretty sure this thread will be linked on one of the obsessed sites soon and they'll be having a chuckle.

There's obsessed sites where they have a chuckle? Weirdos!  Yes, he'll really only be taken seriously when he plays for a top 4 or 5 club. 

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #11053 on: June 19, 2019, 10:22:25 AM »
They are different types of players not sure you can compare??

Offline Bren'd

« Reply #11054 on: June 19, 2019, 10:27:36 AM »
They are different types of players not sure you can compare??

You can't really.  Who would you rather have in your side?  Jack for me.