collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed  (Read 124885 times)

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #1470 on: Today at 12:24:24 AM »
8-1 Faroe Islands, 6/10/96. Savo scored a hat-trick.

I thought earlier I'll check if Savo got one, then forgot about him. D'oh.

Online The Edge

« Reply #1471 on: Today at 08:02:28 AM »
Man United can fuck off and so can the trolling Evening Mail.
Well said on both counts. BM is supposed to be a local paper supporting local clubs so why are they instigating this story? Probably got MU supporting journos in their ranks. Fuck the BM and fuck MU.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #1472 on: Today at 08:28:08 AM »
The BM stopped being a local paper years ago when it was taken over by the mirror group, hence its love of all things manchester.

Online The Edge

« Reply #1473 on: Today at 08:46:52 AM »
The BM stopped being a local paper years ago when it was taken over by the mirror group, hence its love of all things manchester.
I did not know that but now i do it makes perfect sense. But they should stop using the name Birmingham in it's title when it's clear they do not have this city's best interests at heart.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #1474 on: Today at 09:29:43 AM »
Well said on both counts. BM is supposed to be a local paper supporting local clubs so why are they instigating this story? Probably got MU supporting journos in their ranks. Fuck the BM and fuck MU.

Surely newspapers should be reporting rather than supporting, unless it's a paid-for advertising feature

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #1475 on: Today at 09:41:26 AM »
I'm so delighted for John scoring a hat-rick.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #1476 on: Today at 10:07:14 AM »

Surely newspapers should be reporting rather than supporting, unless it's a paid-for advertising feature

It's not the lack of support I object to, it's more the general going out of their way to annoy Villa fans with non-stories and blatant trolling. Example would be when they interviewed an ex-Liverpool player who had never played for any of our local clubs. It may have been Whelan, I forget. The gist of the article was: why Villa should sell their best player to Liverpool.

Can you imagine the Liverpool Echo running an interview with Dennis Wise trying to undermine Liverpool and saying that Gerrard should sign for Chelsea?
« Last Edit: Today at 10:09:49 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Online The Edge

« Reply #1477 on: Today at 10:17:37 AM »

But they are not supporting or reporting. They are actively creating a story from nothing which could easily upset McGinns form and that of the team. The local team. 
« Last Edit: Today at 11:43:41 AM by The Edge »

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 14.08.2020
« Reply #1478 on: Today at 10:40:02 AM »
Itís just blatant click-bait and they re-use the stories across their multiple newspaper sites, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, etc.

Their webpages too are the biggest pile of badly designed crap too, they remind of the mid-90s internet where everything took an age to load and then froze up.

Videos playing everywhere, adverts and more clickbait interspersed with the actual Ďarticleí, itís pathetic tbh.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #1479 on: Today at 11:02:38 AM »
Itís just blatant click-bait and they re-use the stories across their multiple newspaper sites, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, etc.

Their webpages too are the biggest pile of badly designed crap too, they remind of the mid-90s internet where everything took an age to load and then froze up.

Videos playing everywhere, adverts and more clickbait interspersed with the actual Ďarticleí, itís pathetic tbh.

I think that they're part of the same group (Reach) as the former Gloucester Citizen / Cheltenham Echo sites, now rebranded as 'Gloucestershire Live'

The site is pretty pathetic, especially their OTT panic weather reporting. I'm continually taking the piss on their Facebook page, which has somehow earned me Top Fan status :)

Dave Gorman did an interesting feature on such apparently local but not actually local news sites on 'Modern Life is Goodish'.

Online The Edge

« Reply #1480 on: Today at 11:45:38 AM »

I think that they're part of the same group (Reach) as the former Gloucester Citizen / Cheltenham Echo sites, now rebranded as 'Gloucestershire Live'

The site is pretty pathetic, especially their OTT panic weather reporting. I'm continually taking the piss on their Facebook page, which has somehow earned me Top Fan status :)

Dave Gorman did an interesting feature on such apparently local but not actually local news sites on 'Modern Life is Goodish'.
Ah yes. One of my favourite tv shows. You can only get it on Dave nowadays.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #1481 on: Today at 02:51:18 PM »
I don't care who the opposition are, a hat-trick is a hat-trick and difficult to achieve. Especially for a midfielder.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1482 on: Today at 05:39:20 PM »
Agree 100% Drum.  Especially a defensive midfielder playing fox in the box.  I thought he was brilliant.  Very Greavesesque.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 31.12.2019
« Reply #1483 on: Today at 06:20:13 PM »
He wore the 8 shirt, didn't he? I was a little disappointed he didn't get that with us this season, much more befitting than the 7.