collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by tomd2103
[Today at 12:14:34 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:06:52 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 24, 2024, 11:56:03 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Hillbilly
[April 24, 2024, 11:46:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[April 24, 2024, 11:04:47 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 24, 2024, 10:35:53 PM]

MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[April 24, 2024, 10:01:13 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[April 24, 2024, 09:46:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Herbert on Scudamore.  (Read 7124 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Herbert on Scudamore.
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 04:26:44 PM »
A middle aged man calling women gash...... sad fuck.

Its not the most attractive phrase is it? What a nice man he must be.

It is the 21st century, you'd think he could tailor it to something more acceptable such as 'skirt'.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »
Just felt Doug came across as what he is: an old man reminiscing about the days when he meant something.  We, probably better than most, were not going to be surprised that he wanted the plaudits for getting Scudamore into the post (he didn't, but might as well have said, "he's like a son...") and that the one redeeming feature he gave was that he made a stack of money for the Premier League. 

An interesting observation that no current club owner was prepared to be interviewed.  I'm sure that Doug was flattered to be remembered, but I just wish someone would have a friendly word with him.  His day has gone - and going on the record over current football events is only going to get more embarrassing for all concerned as the years go by.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 06:29:44 PM »
He wasnt discussing blowing up Euston Station, they were the sort of sentiments that most blokes discuss every day whether they are prepared to admit it or not. these Emails were private, the Woman who leaked them undoubtedly had one eye (If not both) on her Bank Balance, She is guilty of more than Scudamore is, she betrayed his trust, broke data-protection laws etc. This is just another attack on privacy and freedom of speech - as for what Scudamore wrote, "Let he is is without sin" etc` etc`.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »

I know. Sad old git. Everyone knows the correct word is clunge.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
He wasnt discussing blowing up Euston Station, they were the sort of sentiments that most blokes discuss every day whether they are prepared to admit it or not. these Emails were private, the Woman who leaked them undoubtedly had one eye (If not both) on her Bank Balance, She is guilty of more than Scudamore is, she betrayed his trust, broke data-protection laws etc. This is just another attack on privacy and freedom of speech - as for what Scudamore wrote, "Let he is is without sin" etc` etc`.

I haven't read the content of the emails, but IMO your line about let he who is without sin misses the point. No one is perfect, but that isn't an excuse to justify acceptance of bad behaviour. I've stopped being surprised that some men still regard sexism as acceptable in this day and age.

Be interesting to hear from one of our legal eagles about the DPA in the context of email content. As regards the woman in question making money (I don't know her name), maybe she will, but as she's likely to be sued according to this thread, she will need it.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 06:45:40 PM »

Its not the most attractive phrase is it? What a nice man he must be.

It is the 21st century, you'd think he could tailor it to something more acceptable such as 'skirt'.

I know. Sad old git. Everyone knows the correct word is clunge.

I was thinking poontang.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 06:52:44 PM »

Have you even read the article?

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »

I haven't read the content of the emails, but IMO your line about let he who is without sin misses the point. No one is perfect, but that isn't an excuse to justify acceptance of bad behaviour. I've stopped being surprised that some men still regard sexism as acceptable in this day and age.

Be interesting to hear from one of our legal eagles about the DPA in the context of email content. As regards the woman in question making money (I don't know her name), maybe she will, but as she's likely to be sued according to this thread, she will need it.
Dont think i`m missing the point at all, bad behaviour would be if he made these sort of comments directly and in public, which he most certainly did not, my whole point is that these comments were made in private and never meant for public consumption, and until we all become Robots, we are entitled to our private opinions without having to worry about the thought Police, how long is it going to be before our children are being encouraged to denounce their parents as sexist, racist, this-ist, that-ist, if you are concerned at all about civil liberties think about that.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »
I think you're possibly mistaking civil liberties with the right to be offensive but realise I may be missing your point. I personally don't agree that because something takes place in private it's acceptable, but happy to agree to differ.

Offline Kevin_Brum12

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »
I think Scudamores position is completely and utterly untenable and he should fall on his sword, as a certain Mr. Gray and Mr. Keys did not so long ago.   Yes the E-Mail's should not have been made public and the PA is probably guilty of gross misconduct for leaking them, but I think making disparaging remarks about women whilst trying to tackle sexism in football and encourage more women to participate and attend matches is rather hypocritical.

If he was my employee I would be taking action against the PA, but I think I would be giving Scudamore 24 hours to write his resignation before dismissing him for gross misconduct and breaching my organisations IT and conduct at work policies if he failed to take the hint.   If you are going to be a professional executive you behave like a professional executive, not a complete [insert expletive of choice...]

Perhaps the most appropriate description for Scudamore is a Herbert!!!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 10:06:24 PM »
Dinosaurs like this need removing From authority

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 01:32:22 AM »
We should all stand up against sexism and sexist comments, that way chicks won't have to worry their pretty little heads anymore.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 08:13:36 AM »
I could kind of understand it if email was new to the workplace. I was there when it was! A directive went out from The Local Authority (oo-er) to everybody in schools and at the Town Hall, pointing out that they had a code of conduct about the content of work emails and people were forgetting or not realising that some stuff they were sending was inappropriate because it was 'out there' forever for anybody to read under a need to know, a concept that many of us needed to learn!

The dinosaur comment is the most apposite and I agree, he does know better. The decision not to censure him and to go after the whistleblower is thinking from pre email times, when private notes could remain private. Says a lot about the FA.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 08:20:25 AM »

Have you even read the article?

Yes thanks, he sounds like a middle aged sad case.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »
We should all stand up against sexism and sexist comments, that way chicks won't have to worry their pretty little heads anymore.
Satire - love it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal