collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:52:22 AM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:41:17 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 11:40:35 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:26:04 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Herbert on Scudamore.  (Read 7125 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Herbert on Scudamore.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »
Dein mentioned big-titted broads. Scudamore talked about "gash" and how irrational women get especially when preggers. He's fathered five kinder, you'd he might be a bit more understanding, the squinty eyed streak of piss.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »
What did Scudamore actually say? On every report I've read it says he's made sexist remarks but doesn't mention what they were.
In one he said women are irrational, and in another he referred to "big tiited broads."

Yeah, but what were the controversial things he's supposed to have said?

I jest, of course, female H&Vers!

Here you go - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore-3524857

I'm far from a fan of Richard Scudamore on the basis he's had by far the biggest influence (after HDE) in destroying any chance of the Villa competing at the top of the league but this does seem to have been blown out of proportion quite substantially.  They're stupid emails to send but as an example, the quote in the second line of this report isn't even something he wrote!  You get the feeling he's got a few enemies in Fleet Street who've spied an opportunity to take him down.

Many thanks. He comes across as a dickhead which is hardly surprising.

He's a thoroughly unpleasant character.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »
What did Scudamore actually say? On every report I've read it says he's made sexist remarks but doesn't mention what they were.
In one he said women are irrational, and in another he referred to "big tiited broads."

Yeah, but what were the controversial things he's supposed to have said?

I jest, of course, female H&Vers!

Here you go - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore-3524857

I'm far from a fan of Richard Scudamore on the basis he's had by far the biggest influence (after HDE) in destroying any chance of the Villa competing at the top of the league but this does seem to have been blown out of proportion quite substantially.  They're stupid emails to send but as an example, the quote in the second line of this report isn't even something he wrote!  You get the feeling he's got a few enemies in Fleet Street who've spied an opportunity to take him down.

Many thanks. He comes across as a dickhead which is hardly surprising.

He's a thoroughly unpleasant character.

He's the Chief Exec of the Premier League, it's a pre-requisite.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 02:01:29 PM »

Just heard that they've decided to take no action on Scudamore but are suing the woman who leaked the emails. Just about sums the state of the suits running the game now.
Arseholes! That will totally discourage anyone else from raising a similar complaint.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 02:07:18 PM »

Just heard that they've decided to take no action on Scudamore but are suing the woman who leaked the emails. Just about sums the state of the suits running the game now.
Arseholes! That will totally discourage anyone else from raising a similar complaint.

I assume that's the point.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »
I absolutely don't think he should be sacked for that. They were private conversations with friends. Just because they were on work emails doesn't change that. Nothing he said is any worse than the stuff that goes in the jokes thread or, as previously mentioned, the tit monday thread. I read those and chuckle. That doesn't make me a bigot or sexist.

If we all got sacked for finding crude humour (whether about women or anything else) funny, then only the pious and righteous would be allowed to work. What matters iswhether he can separate private humour from his professional dealings with women. And I'm sure most grown ups can do that.

It isn't just blokes who say these things either. I listen to my wife and her friends, all city professionals, and they come out with all sorts of stuff that wouldn't be appropriate in the work environment. Especially after a few glasses of wine.

He's apologised and that should be that. The mock horror from the Mirror and that PA is vexatious.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »
Just a bit of healthy blokes' banter, dunno why the ltitle ladies are getting their g-strings in such a twist. Man up, grow a pair, get a grip etc...

And using City professionals as a yardstick for appropriate behaviour??? most I know are complete pricks ( fannies, if they're ladies)

Online onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »
I think the worst bit was listening to Doug go on about the "Preeeeeeeeeemier League"!

Offline LeeS

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
Just a bit of healthy blokes' banter, dunno why the ltitle ladies are getting their g-strings in such a twist. Man up, grow a pair, get a grip etc...

And using City professionals as a yardstick for appropriate behaviour??? most I know are complete pricks ( fannies, if they're ladies)

Most city professionals I know are normal people who worked incredibly hard at school and university to go into tough professions. Who throw their heart and soul into their jobs because they have an incredible drive and work ethic. Like women who work for top law firms and do 14 or 15 hour days, work weekends, have to give up holidays at the drop of a hat and have earned every penny they've been given.

I'm proud of what my wife and her friends do. And they are not fannies. But they also don't fake outrage at people having a sense of humour.

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 02:59:19 PM »
Most city professionals I know are normal people who worked incredibly hard at school and university to go into tough professions. Who throw their heart and soul into their jobs because they have an incredible drive and work ethic. Like women who work for top law firms and do 14 or 15 hour days, work weekends, have to give up holidays at the drop of a hat and have earned every penny they've been given

I think I'm going to cry. That's beautiful.

And the irony about sense of humour failure is clearly lost on you
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:06:02 PM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline LeeS

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »
Most city professionals I know are normal people who worked incredibly hard at school and university to go into tough professions. Who throw their heart and soul into their jobs because they have an incredible drive and work ethic. Like women who work for top law firms and do 14 or 15 hour days, work weekends, have to give up holidays at the drop of a hat and have earned every penny they've been given

I think I'm going to cry. That's beautiful.

And the irony about sense of humour failure is clearly lost on you

Yeah OK, that might be a fair point.

Of course, lots of other city professionals spend their work time on H&V. That's why I married one who doesn't.

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »
I'd class myself as a City amature

Online aj2k77

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »
A middle aged man calling women gash...... sad fuck.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 04:13:14 PM »
You don't to his position without being a bit of a ******.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »
A middle aged man calling women gash...... sad fuck.

Its not the most attractive phrase is it? What a nice man he must be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal