collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So who do you want as the next Villa manager?  (Read 44097 times)

Offline Gregorys Boy

Re: So who do you want as the next Villa manager?
« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2014, 12:59:52 AM »
I agree than there has been enough in a few of Lambert signings to suggest than they might be very good players for Villa, and that Lambert himself maybe can still do a decent job given time.

Injuries did play a part in our season's decline, but that doesn't take away from the overall picture, with such bad performances, so many defeats, awful football, a lack of effort and such a bad home record.  Yes we have no given right to beat Stoke, but we certainly shouldn't be losing 4-1 to them at home and putting in such a piss poor performance at the same time. 

Like I have said else where I would stick with Lambert for awhile longer, but if he does survive the summer he really is on borrowed time.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »
at the end of the day we will all have our views but the one common thing that we can all agree on is that we love this fooking club so much thats why we care.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2014, 08:09:58 PM »
Thomas Tuchel is available - http://www.dw.de/thomas-tuchel-leaving-mainz-05/a-17628183

Suspect he has his next gig in the bag already but if not is someone our next owner should be looking at

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2014, 06:47:19 AM »
I backed lambert all season until the Swansea debacle, then I wavered and said he had to go. With the state of flux we're in now with the sale, I actually think he needs to stay, just to provide us with some stability. Was very pleased with his appointment and we have showed glimpses of being a handy side on his watch, but this is eclipsed by far too many shit results and bad performances.

Like him as a bloke and if he does stay on I really hope our displays next season ram it down every body's throat, but just don't see us kicking on with him in charge. It's a shame as it is clearly evident that he is trying to do the right thing by us and also seems to have one hand tied behind his back effectively.

Ultimately though, I just hope the takeover is swift and we can both move on. Not ideal really, but it is what it is.

As for a replacement: fuck knows. I'd take Steve Clarke if he could bring a decent back room staff with him. I don't think honestly, we are an attractive enough proposition right now to attract much better.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:50:39 AM by robbo1874 »

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2014, 07:42:54 AM »
I don't want to turn this into a take over thread but if no new owner is on the horizon then I think randy needs to sort out the manager situation: give someone a three year deal. Either lambert, or hopefully someone else.

It'll be the uncertainty and lack of planning which will kill us, not the lack of billions of cash, and randy needs to sort it one way or the other.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal