collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:09:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 12:06:24 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:10:05 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:09:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:09:08 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 12:06:24 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:05:38 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 12:02:26 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:00:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: End of season report  (Read 6305 times)

Offline dekko

Re: End of season report
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 06:24:15 PM »
Average-to-poor manager given extremely difficult job to do.  Fails miserably.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »
If Villa were a winery this year's output would be barely be fit for your fish and chips.

Offline black pearl of inchicore

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 08:31:12 PM »
The Biggest pile of SHIT that the West Midlands has produced in many a year....Most of them are Useless, Clueless, & Worthless.

Offline RossLeach

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
as abject as any season i've witnessed and i've been going since '76. I never thought we'd have a more clueless manager than Billy McNeil but I was wrong. Here's a list of players I've seen over the years that would walk into the current team which just about says it all -

Norton
Lillis
Sims
Aspinall
Penrice
Hunt, D
Mortimer, P
Agathe

glad it's over, hopefully we've hit our rock bottom

Didier Agathe is the worst player I have ever seen play for us.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 08:38:13 PM »
Especially on Saturday night.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 08:46:42 PM »
When's the last time we were as consistently bad over a number of seasons like this - the late 60s?

We've frequently been bad during my time as a fan, but usually you'd have a good season or a mediocre season mixed in with the bad ones.

Even in the 60s from 66 (after Tony Hateley moved on) to when Doug/Pat/The Doc  took over we were not as bad as what we have seen this season. Depressing isnt an adequate word to describe it.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »
Average-to-poor manager given extremely difficult job to do.  Fails miserably.

This is correct. He knew when he came in that he had a tough job, but lets be honest it is fecking useless. Have watched the team since 1970 and the lack of passion is a disgrace. Delph apart, they were a fucking disgrace today

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »
 I can maybe accept that 79 points from 76 games is due to difficult circumstances and a few shining nuggets in a pile of demolished landscape is something we should hang on to but I can't accept the broken records this season and the  horrific home form. On top of that cup defeats against Bradford, Millwall and Sheffield Utd and especially  his words before the 3rd round match this season has done it for me.
He has regressed from last season despite signing more players of his choice and his chosen players from last season having gaining more experience. The fiasco involving his  two subordinates is something he should have dealt with much better without letting it impact on  team results.  He should clear his desk as soon as he can tomorrow morning.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »
Paul is a lovely boy and has tried his best this year which makes his results all the more disappointing.

He's a very shy lad and only has few close friends (Ian and Gary) who have helped him along the year again. Unfortunately in recent weeks the boys have had a fall out and Paul was left by himself. Headmaster Lerner instructed two senior prefects to keep an eye on Paul and give him any help he needs until the end of term.

It is with regret that I have to confirm to you that Paul will not be joining his classmates next year in S14/15. As the term progressed, it became obvious Paul is still struggling with the 3 'R's. Despite showing promise at his infant and junior schools, he doesn't seem able to adapt to the larger environment of senior school, still struggles with the basics and appears to have a learning difficulty whereby he repeats the same errors.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
Feel like I've been taken to the front of the class, had my pants pulled down and had my arse smacked with a slipper on a continual loop since August.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
I cant accept him saying after a game ages ago that we would not need 40 points to stay up. He should have been sacked there and then

Offline supertom

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »
I cant accept him saying after a game ages ago that we would not need 40 points to stay up. He should have been sacked there and then
To be honest I'm rapidly losing any goodwill toward the man with almost every interview. His final post match int really just hammers it home. I appreciate he's got to lay on the spiel, and try and give a positive stamp to go on his CV, but to even try and suggest that he's "done well" to keep us up, as a total and utter disgrace. To me it's all but sticking two fingers up at us and saying we don't deserve better.

The sooner he's booted the better.

To look as totally clueless as we have done for 90% of his tenure, no matter his budget, is inexcusable. Disorganised, ill-prepared, clueless and disjointed. Players unable to string 5 passes, or take a good set piece, or a throw-in. Poor tactical decisions, poor team selections, poor substitutions. Consistently dour football. Players like Tonev, KEA, Helenius etc, might not be great and are cheap, but they're internationals playing for decent nations. They're bad but they're not as bad as Lambert makes them look. He's sending out our side, week in, week out, looking utterly lost and seemingly without knowing what they're supposed to be doing.

It's not purely down to his budget, or injuries. Other clubs have made do with less money. Other clubs have had injuries to key players. Look at Palace. A much worse squad than ours, but they're miles ahead of us.

Lambert gets the bird from me, and nowt else. Good fucking riddance.

Good job my arse!

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2014, 10:12:34 PM »
The one thing I don't want to see is 'repeat year again'.  My nervous system & office stature couldn't cope.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2014, 10:14:46 PM »
I just read an article about Groningen being due another 200k from us as part of the Bacuna deal - the extra payment being based on us staying up.

It's great to know that those in power at the club have such lofty achievements to measure their team by.

What a shambles.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
Just glad we didn't have to play small Heath while lambert was here. They'd definitely have stuffed us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal