collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ure's off  (Read 3494 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Press-ure's off
« on: May 06, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Press-ure's off
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 03:27:35 AM »
Disagree and you're banned.

http://thebirminghampress.com/2014/05/stumbling-over-the-line/

I do hope he doesnt get the dogs abuse. I didnt like it when McLeish got it either. I for one intend to really enjoy the last two games.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »
I doubt he will get much abuse as the likely takeover now dominates most thoughts - hardly worth screaming about if neither are likely to here next year.

As much as I've pulled my hair out this season, the softie in me now does feel a little sorry for Lambert. One thing you cannot deny is that its got to him, he obviously wanted to do better.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »
No chance he'll get McLeishian abuse, now we're safe.  He's still relatively well liked despite a terrible (and I'd say untenable) record, probably due to the fact everyone knows the behind the scenes stuff can't have helped him.  I hope he gets polite applause and a well-wished tarrah-a-bit. 

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 07:57:05 AM »

As much as I've pulled my hair out this season, the softie in me now does feel a little sorry for Lambert. One thing you cannot deny is that its got to him, he obviously wanted to do better.

This for me aswell. Another good article, Dave.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »
in-form winger out wide

If that was about Marc, in a 3-5-2 you still don't have wingers and for most of the first half, he barely played there. Second half we kind of went to a 4-4-2 and it tightened us up but we didn't attack as much that half.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 08:06:08 AM »
I like Lambert and think the difference will be that although rarely actually better to watch, the intention has never been to draw and defend our way to safety. This will spare the abuse I hope.

We will go there with the same points tally though, with a side he has essentially built so if he did, it would not be harsh.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 08:08:37 AM »
I just hope we don't start singing for Tim Sherwood as his replacement.

Offline nigel

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »
in-form winger out wide

If that was about Marc, in a 3-5-2 you still don't have wingers and for most of the first half, he barely played there. Second half we kind of went to a 4-4-2 and it tightened us up but we didn't attack as much that half.

I thought that we played 3-5-2 throughout the game with Mark not playing as an out and out winger. The system worked well and Mark was excellent.
He was making wide runs, from inside, as was Bowery, behind their full backs as our full/wing backs advanced up field, Something that we've lacked doing for most of the season.
Just my view of the game.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »
I don't think Lambert will get the abuse like McLeish did unless we're getting heavily beaten again. Despite his faults (and he has a few) he's a decent bloke and I do understand what he's attempted to do even if tactically he often made a pigs ear of it.

Oh and another good article Dave.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 12:32:23 PM »
in-form winger out wide

I thought that we played 3-5-2 throughout the game with Mark not playing as an out and out winger. The system worked well and Mark was excellent.
He was making wide runs, from inside, as was Bowery, behind their full backs as our full/wing backs advanced up field, Something that we've lacked doing for most of the season.
Just my view of the game.

For the first 30 mins, Marc was roaming around in Midfield and barely popped up on either wing (look where he was for the first goal.) It also meant that Lowton was being doubled up on or didn't have an option for an out ball as much. After Bowery came on and especially in the 2nd half, Marc was fixed more on the wing and we stopped Hull from attacking down that flank. Clark seemed to move into the full back position as well. It might not have been meant as a 4-4-2, but it seemed to go that way.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »
Another good read Dave.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »
 We got close to 40k at home last weekend.  Incredible, when you consider the dreadful home form for the past two years.   Yet that prat Ralph Ellis was talking about Villa fans being ready to boo the team off at half time.

That is the narrative they will want to go with, unreasonable Villa fans up to their old tricks.  So lets not give Ellis, Tim Lovejoy and the like any excuse. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal