collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Olneythelonely
[Today at 12:21:34 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:20:37 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:19:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 12:19:06 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:18:53 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:18:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 12:16:31 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 12:15:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: piss take?!  (Read 5896 times)

Offline supertom

Re: piss take?!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 03:12:19 PM »
Blimey, it's only an interview, and pretty innocuous one at that.

Indeed. I don't understand why some are squealing.
The only thing I want to hear from the club at the moment is:
"Paul Lambert has been fired."
or
"Randy Lerner has agreed to sell the club to...[insert multi-billionaires name]

All this "we go again" guff might be innocuous but it's annoying. I want to see players doing their talking on the pitch, not hearing excuses for their shitness in the middle of the week.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
Blimey, it's only an interview, and pretty innocuous one at that.

Indeed. I don't understand why some are squealing.
The only thing I want to hear from the club at the moment is:
"Paul Lambert has been fired."
or
"Randy Lerner has agreed to sell the club to...[insert multi-billionaires name]

All this "we go again" guff might be innocuous but it's annoying. I want to see players doing their talking on the pitch, not hearing excuses for their shitness in the middle of the week.
Or telling us how positive training is and what fun they are all having only to then make a string of basic mistakes when it matters on match day.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »
The interview wasn't the piss take. This was though

* Grant Holt's 15 minutes on the pitch v Swansea on Saturday featured one completed pass and two fouls.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »

* Grant Holt's 15 minutes on the pitch v Swansea on Saturday featured one completed pass and two fouls.

You can't help but laugh at that

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »

You can't help but laugh at that

There is a certain beautiful simplicity to it. I imagine the fouls bookending the one pass. I Lways thought of iniesta as the ultimate minimalist footballer. Maybe I was wrong

Offline stuart445

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
But Holt wouldn't even have played, would he, without the serious injuries to the Beast and Kojak.

if Kozak wasn't injured we Holt wouldn't be at villa nevermind playing.  Holt was brought in to cover Kozak

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 12:17:38 AM »
But Holt wouldn't even have played, would he, without the serious injuries to the Beast and Kojak.

if Kozak wasn't injured we Holt wouldn't be at villa nevermind playing.  Holt was brought in to cover Kozak

Still a pointless move given that at that point Bentake was fit and Holt for me is too much like him, you know just without the skill or goals. 

I don't mind this at least its a player showing fighting talk and being positive.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 08:24:21 AM »
Mr Holt is to be congratulated.

One of the worst articles to be printed. Ever.

....regroup, go again, not a 4-1 game.....

In the words of Oregon's most famous company. JFDI.

Offline supertom

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »

Still a pointless move given that at that point Bentake was fit and Holt for me is too much like him, you know just without the skill or goals. 

I don't mind this at least its a player showing fighting talk and being positive.
I think the most pointless aspect of the move was the fact that Holt is clearly over the hill. In fact he's come over the hill and fucked off down the road to the BP garage to load up on pasties.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 10:46:25 PM »
He's a championship player is what you are trying to say :-X

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 10:55:05 PM »
I couldn't give a tinkers cuss what the players say or don't say. All I want is for them to raise their -recently very shit - game to a standard sufficient to beat an average (at best) team who by rights just want to get this game out if the way with as little damage as possible.  Not a big ask. Let's just do our talking on the pitch. In fact, Lambert would be advised to stop the team from doing interviews that can be disected and just focus on Saturday. Nothing else matters.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »
I think what many of us had realised a couple of games ago was that Lambert had given Albrighton carte blanche to attack his full-back and get crosses in, which is supposed to be ideal for a player like Holt. However, our genius manager has the bright idea of bringing on a suitable player for this tactic after a) the defence doubles up on a spindly winger, and b) said winger has run himself into the ground trying to make something happen. I have no problem with Holt replacing Weimann against Hull. What I would have a problem with would be Grant Holt still turning out for Villa in August 2014. The only way I want to see him at Villa Park is if he's helping repaint the lines in the car parks.

Offline supertom

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 11:24:36 PM »
He's a championship player is what you are trying to say :-X
Even that description may be generous at this point to be fair. ;)

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 11:30:38 PM »
Birmingham Mail

Loan striker Grant Holt open to staying at Aston Villa

On-loan Wigan frontman enjoying life back in the Premier League but says he has not spoken with Paul Lambert about staying beyond loan spell

Apr 30, 2014 22:30
    By Mat Kendrick

Grant Holt has hinted he would be open to staying at Aston Villa beyond this season’s loan spell.

The Wigan striker has not yet spoken to Paul Lambert about the prospect of being with the claret and blues next season.

And with all the uncertainty surrounding his own position, it is not likely to be the manager’s most pressing priority.

But Holt has appreciated being back in the Premier League in the past four months and is keeping an open mind about his future.

Wigan could return to the top flight next season after booking a play-off place by heaping more misery on Blues on Tuesday night.

Holt is contracted to the Latics until the summer of 2016 and is due to report back to his parent club after Villa’s final three games.

The 33-year-old targetman has scored one goal in three starts and seven substitute appearances since arriving on loan in mid-January.

Villa will be without top scorer Christian Benteke for at least two months of next season and could be in the market for temporary striking reinforcements.

Asked if there is the possibility of him staying longer, Holt replied: “It’s not a conversation I’ve had with him (Lambert).

“I didn’t have it last week and I won’t have it this week. It’s up to me, in the games left, to play the way I am. I’m a Wigan player and contracted for two years and whatever happens between now and then we’ll see.

“It’s nice to be back and involved in the Premier League. The difference is massive. I’ve been itching for a few weeks. I’ve been working hard and training hard.

“You have to keep on top of it. It’s harder when you’re not playing because you’re not getting the minutes and you’ve got to keep working harder.

“I’ve been in good shape and I’ve just been waiting for my chance.”

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »
Just out of interest, what does Holt's "training" consist of? Because it doesn't appear to involve finishing or attempting to outfox defenders.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal