collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by trinityoap
[Today at 11:53:29 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Rigadon
[Today at 11:51:24 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Steve67
[Today at 11:46:38 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 11:35:16 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Hull protest  (Read 16105 times)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Re: Hull protest
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 09:26:31 AM »
It does make me laugh that we have supported them in the face of utter drivel at every home match this season and they are still crap but this match they will somehow respond?

I know nobody wants to feel it is their fault and be "small time" and all that but really it doesn't seem to matter what we do

Offline russon

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 09:33:10 AM »
It does make me laugh that we have supported them in the face of utter drivel at every home match this season and they are still crap but this match they will somehow respond?

I know nobody wants to feel it is their fault and be "small time" and all that but really it doesn't seem to matter what we do
Quite. If we booed our heads off solid for 90 mins to prompt the players to stick 2 fingers up to us by winning at all costs I think we'd all do it but as you say they probably wouldn't take a blind bit of notice. Not that I'm advocating this just making the point that yer modern day Aston Villa footballer doesn't give a toss about us.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »
In protest against Hull, I've gone through a 5Kg bag of Maris Piper potatoes and punched any of them that looked like Steve Bruce.

Looks like we're having mash tonight.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »
I honestly think you won't need an organised protest.  Should they even dare to consider it appropriate to conduct a lap of honour at the end the protests will take care of themselves.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »
I honestly think you won't need an organised protest.  Should they even dare to consider it appropriate to conduct a lap of honour at the end the protests will take care of themselves.

It's not really a lap of honour as such, more of a lap of appreciation from the players if anything. I can't see there being many left in the ground mind you.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 10:02:08 AM »

It's not really a lap of honour as such, more of a lap of appreciation from the players if anything. I can't see there being many left in the ground mind you.

I don't intend to be. If it is supposed to be so they can show their appreciation for our support then I don't want any part in it because I don't believe they do appreciate our support.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 10:06:41 AM »
This game requires vociferous support for the entire 90 minutes. Do whatever you will after the final whistle, and make it ugly. But then and only then. We're going to have to drag this shambles over the line first.

This and only this.
Seconded

Agree entirely.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »
I was planning on taking my son to the match (10yrs) on Saturday but now the atmosphere is going to be so hostile (from me as much as anyone else more than likely) that I'm having second thoughts.

What should have been an end of season day out with the lad is now a ticket to the theatre of desperation.

Anyway, to contribute to the thread.

Burn the USA flag, then burn the Scottish flag, then burn the toast then burn baby burn disco inferno.

Aside from that I'm loving the idea of showing the team our backs during their pointless post match lap of total insignificance......

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
This should have been done ages ago but now Saturday. We have to get a win. Get 3 points then we can protest till our hearts are content. The priority against Hull is to win.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 10:10:30 AM »

I don't intend to be. If it is supposed to be so they can show their appreciation for our support then I don't want any part in it because I don't believe they do appreciate our support.

They don't appreciate it, that's for sure. Lerner and Faulkner take it for granted and complete plebs like Play Doh Ron Vlaar sulk when he doesn't get applauded after captaining us to our 20th defeat of the season.

****** the lot of them.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 10:11:52 AM »
Safety first. Just a pity we won't have a home game after safety is assured.
It's all part of the scheme.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2014, 10:12:16 AM »
This game requires vociferous support for the entire 90 minutes. Do whatever you will after the final whistle, and make it ugly. But then and only then. We're going to have to drag this shambles over the line first.

This and only this.
Seconded
Thirded.

Offline The Villa Werewolf

• GM : 13.07.2015
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
How about we get behind the team rather than ensuring that the toxic cloud surrounding the club doesn't become even more noxious?

Calling for a protest at this critical stage - words fail me.

Support your club.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 10:14:21 AM »
Drink varnish, it'll kill you but you'll have a lovely finish.

Offline Rico

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
The best thing that could happen is for Lambert to be sacked before next week's game, other than that I can see the atmosphere being really hostile (and not in a good way). The team need total support,  however, I think that if Lambert is still in charge then he's going to be the focal point for all of our suffering.  I have a really bad feeling that this could be our last premier league home game for quite some time. If Lerner and co are still in charge then I think we could do a Wolves and drop through the divisions.  Doomsday scenario I know, but Lerner,  Faulkner and Lambert have proved to be clueless in everything to fo with the football side of Aston Villa. Bad times ahead I'm afraid!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal