collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sylla out of the Villa  (Read 12154 times)

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: Sylla out of the Villa
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2014, 11:17:22 AM »
In the Express and Star today Lambert has challenged him to get in the team and says the midfield 3 having been playing really well for us. wtf.
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2014/04/30/no-sylla-surprise-paul-lambert-throws-down-gauntlet-to-villa-midfielder/

Fucking hell. How deluded can Lambert get?

Maybe he actually views this season as a success.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »
I agree with the vast majority of what you have said, but I'm pretty sure that GB was not interested in re-joining us.

Have it on good authority that GB was very keen to come back. An old friend of mine, who I caught up with after a few years a while back, has become good friends with a very recent ex-player in the intervening time (they are neighbours and their kids have become best mates. He is minted, hence why we don't mix in the same circles any more...) and, so I'm told, GB contacted said player to see if the deal could be done.
My friend didn't say why it didn't happen - the intimation was it was more Lambert's decision, but then I imagine he knew straight away that he'd be stymied by the potential wages and dismissed it.

Never bothered to post it before because these things always look like BS written down, but no reason whatsoever to doubt what I was told. Also, it doesn't matter now.

It was reported in a number of normally reliable papers that GB had been offered to us because that we were his first choice.  So it does seem there was something in it. 

All immaterial now, and I'm sure he's glad to be sharing a midfield with players who actually look for the ball and don't hide away. 

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
In the Express and Star today Lambert has challenged him to get in the team and says the midfield 3 having been playing really well for us. wtf.
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2014/04/30/no-sylla-surprise-paul-lambert-throws-down-gauntlet-to-villa-midfielder/

Fucking hell. How deluded can Lambert get?

Maybe he actually views this season as a success.

I know he's in a tricky position because he's sat in front of journalists being asked these questions, so has to say something, but even taking that into account, things like that still manage to terrify me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal