collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sylla out of the Villa  (Read 12159 times)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Sylla out of the Villa
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
Sylla has done an interview about not being happy not playing and wanting to leave on loan

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/yacouba-sylla-a-talent-frozen-out/

Aston Villa have had by all means an unremarkable season in the Premier League which is likely to see them narrowly escape from the clutches of relegation yet again. One man in that very squad who has been able to do very little about that is French defensive midfielder Yacouba Sylla.

The player has told France Football today that he is unhappy and will seek to leave Aston Villa this summer, ideally on loan to a ‘good Ligue 1 club’.

Sylla told journalist and friend of Get French Football News, Tanguy Le Seviller, why he was unhappy:

‘I am always on the bench and never on the pitch. Even if I do get to visit some wonderful stadiums and that life here is different than in France, I am not happy because I am not playing. I am not here on tourism.’

‘Okay, my situation is not as dramatic as I have just made it sound but for somebody who loves football and does not get to play, I cannot be happy because I am not expressing myself on the pitch every weekend.’

Yacouba Sylla goes on to admit that he still has hope that Paul Lambert will give him a chance, because it was he who had wanted to bring the ex-Clermont man in during the January transfer window of 2013:

‘It encourages me to keep hope. I am working hard in training. Last season, I contributed to keeping the club from relegation. This season it is more complicated. There have been decisions that I did not understand and I have not got the game time I had hoped for.’

‘There are a lot of teams I could contribute to. I think I will leave on loan at the end of the season. I could already have done so in December but the gaffer told me that he was counting on me.’

‘What I want, is to come back to France, on loan for one year to a good club. A team with a good project. My agent Moussa Sissoko is working for that. There are interested clubs.’

‘Again, the most important thing for me is to play. I am no longer the same man, not the same player. I cannot wait to change all that again

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Sylla out of the Villa
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:06 PM »
Close the door behind you.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
Just when you think it cant get any worse.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
He look alright at times last season, but he really isn't up to scratch.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »
He look alright at times last season, but he really isn't up to scratch.

I'd agree, he did well in some games last season. This season for whatever reason he's not looked the part at all.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:18:09 PM »
He's been poor and well off the pace this season.... but that could be said for most of the squad.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 12:19:18 PM »
If we do get a new owner, he can start ploughing the exit furrow to be deepened by Luna, Helenius, Tonev, Baker, Lowton, Bennett, Bowery et al...

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »
"A team with a good project"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »
He's had plenty of opportunities this season but has been atrocious on just about every occasion. Disappointing because I thought he showed real promise last season.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
So I take it Sylla doesn't love the Villa?

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
This guy is even worse than Salifou or whatever his name was ,takes some doing

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
He's not even Championship material. Hopefully we'll never sign a player as poor as him again (when we get our new owners that is).

Offline Desontheholte

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 12:32:54 PM »
The fuckin idiot couldn't control a bag of cement and the sooner he leaves the better. A terrible footballer who should be nowhere near villa park and is one of the many reasons why Lambert shouldn't be either!

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
The fuckin idiot couldn't control a bag of cement and the sooner he leaves the better. A terrible footballer who should be nowhere near villa park and is one of the many reasons why Lambert shouldn't be either!

I like to see a definitive list of Lambert's signings. It'd be the stuff of nightmares.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 12:34:47 PM »
I would argue he probably played well against Fulham second half when we went 4-4-2. When we were 4-3-3 he was atrocious. (although how much of that was rustiness through not playing?)

But it does seem that the right side of the three is a problem area. KEA and Sylla are both too slow to help out the doubled up full back (As shown when Shaw tore past KEA for the Lambert miss.) Plus KEA does like to make runs into the box unlike alot of our mid fielders so when the possession is inevitably lost that flank is unprotected. Maybe a midfield diamond would help our team out and be more creative.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal