collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 01:03:39 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Sack Manager Ads  (Read 73832 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Moyes sacked? Let's get him in...
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
If Randy remains in charge, then Moyes is probably the best we could hope for.

A takeover opens up different possibilities potentially.

I'd welcome the latter more, even if there's the potentially scary prospect of getting a Carson Yeung or Sinatra.

I would hope Randy would vet prospective buyers better than that. If it's a choice between Randy and someone like that, I'd rather remain as we are.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
For all his errors over the last fews,Randy does seem a decent and honest bloke, im sure he'd leave us in good hands.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
Thank god for the Wisdom of Robbie Savage.

His plan for ManUre to turn this around includes:-

• Spend Money (Well duh)
  • Sell players. (Well duh)
  • Go back to playing the "Manure Way" (For anyone who doesn't know, that is trying to play defensively poorly against teams better then you which I thought Moyes was doing)
  • Get foulers in midfield. (There haven't been someone trying to cripple anyone in midfield since Keane or Scholes apparently)
  • Get all the youth team from 92 in as coaches, (including trying to get Gary Neville off Sky as he makes him look bad on BBC).

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »
Most football supporters in this country would love to see Manchester United go into a long-term decline. I would be ok with them never winning anything again.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »
Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Man Utd manager job, on the advice of his brother and agent, Klippity.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2014, 04:19:06 PM »
Most football supporters in this country would love to see Manchester United go into a long-term decline. I would be ok with them never winning anything again.
I concur . With bells on.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
How long was it before Sir Graham took the Wolves job  after England ? He was still battle scarred from the England job. For this reason id leave Moyes alone for a while.

Not long enough - about 4-5 months.

And like Villa job it was not an easy job as Wolves fans and the media thought they should breeze through the 2nd tier - despite a few couple of other teams having decent amounts of money.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:55 PM »
I concur . With bells on.

Agree. Happily.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #323 on: April 23, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »
Thank god for the Wisdom of Robbie Savage.

His plan for ManUre to turn this around includes:-

• Spend Money (Well duh)
  • Sell players. (Well duh)
  • Go back to playing the "Manure Way" (For anyone who doesn't know, that is trying to play defensively poorly against teams better then you which I thought Moyes was doing)
  • Get foulers in midfield. (There haven't been someone trying to cripple anyone in midfield since Keane or Scholes apparently)
  • Get all the youth team from 92 in as coaches, (including trying to get Gary Neville off Sky as he makes him look bad on BBC).

Anybody see Matt Kendrick's 5 point plan for reviving Villa today? It also comes from the school of the blindingly obvious.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #324 on: April 23, 2014, 04:31:41 PM »
Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Man Utd manager job, on the advice of his brother and agent, Klippity.

excellent work......would you mind if I use this ?

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »

excellent work......would you mind if I use this ?

I stole it myself.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Moyes did well with a limited budget, to an extent at Everton, especially some of his recruits from lower leagues like Jagielka, Lescott, and Cahill.  But to me his style of football was rather drab and old school, and it would be too much like getting O'Neill mk II in.  Even with more cash to spend than he had at Everton I suspect he would share the same glass ceiling (top 6-8) as O'Neill due to his tactical limitations.  That may sound great compared to what we've had since MON but I think the novelty would soon wear off.   I'd much prefer to see someone who seems to know how to play an expansive passing game with tactical flexibility - and that probably means looking abroad, unless Rodgers gets bored at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA'.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2014, 05:21:04 PM »
The United lot haven't quite sussed yet that they have no god given right to success..Most of them came along with the sky gravy train so they just don't get the concept that their time could be over.Now us lot here are used to reality but the only reality United fans get are the shit reality TV shows

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
Moyes did well with a limited budget, to an extent at Everton, especially some of his recruits from lower leagues like Jagielka, Lescott, and Cahill.  But to me his style of football was rather drab and old school, and it would be too much like getting O'Neill mk II in.  Even with more cash to spend than he had at Everton I suspect he would share the same glass ceiling (top 6-8) as O'Neill due to his tactical limitations.  That may sound great compared to what we've had since MON but I think the novelty would soon wear off.   I'd much prefer to see someone who seems to know how to play an expansive passing game with tactical flexibility - and that probably means looking abroad, unless Rodgers gets bored at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA'.

I would agree on the whole, but I will say I thought his Everton team for the last couple of seasons started to play much better football than the previous versions, which has probably helped Martinez a lot too.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »

I would agree on the whole, but I will say I thought his Everton team for the last couple of seasons started to play much better football than the previous versions, which has probably helped Martinez a lot too.

You're right Lee, and I was alluding to that earlier. It took Moyes 10 years to build that and I don't know that he would have the time to do that again or indeed the energy at another club. Had he come to us post MON, I think we'd be 4 years into that process and we'd be taking shape nicely as a solid if unspectacular club. But 4 years since MON, I don't think any Villa fan has the appetite for that style of football or indeed that ground zero style rebuilding project. The first thing many including myself want to see is a better brand of football even if that came with some short term pain in terms of results. That's what Martinez might have brought had he decided to join us from Wigan. Moyes needs a break from management. We need a break from his style of football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal