collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Sack Manager Ads  (Read 74256 times)

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
Re: Moyes sacked? Let's get him in...
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2014, 11:21:19 PM »
Biliyetdinov, Johnson, Beattie and that one from Leeds that someone on here loved are others that people ignore.

Jermaine Beckford. Coopers Injury loved him iirc.

"I see Jermaine Backford is at it again!"

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »

The second mistake was letting Ferguson stay at the club.  It was bordering on impossible for Moyes to do the job while he was peering over his shoulder. 

I highlighted the similarity to the situation when Bob Paisley took over at Liverpool, and Bill Shankly used to hang round the training ground. The problem being the players kept calling Shankly 'boss', and Paisley had to ask him to leave.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2014, 11:29:03 PM »
Moyes v Lambert. Anyone not wanting the former at Villa right now needs their bumps feeling
Ready when you are......
And talking about his transfer genius Jelavic for £10m  sold for £2m

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
Moyes v Lambert. Anyone not wanting the former at Villa right now needs their bumps feeling

Then feel my bumps baby. Touch them!!!

Seriously I want our next manager to be modern who plays progressive football. Preferably foreign. I do not like Moyes style of football. I would sooner watch Lamberts Villa.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »
Moyes is not the answer. He has just been fired  because he has made a series of bad decisions. I am not that impressed with his Everton achievements, the supposedly frugal budgetary constraints are often over stated.

He tried to turn Manure into a methodical boring Everton type team. He would do the same here, football has moved on.

The fact that he would be a lot better than Lambert is not a strong enough argument, a chocolate teapot would be better than Lambert.

Offline peter w

« Reply #290 on: April 22, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »
I'd be happier with Pulis. Wouldn't get is relegated and we'd at least put up a fight every now and then.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2014, 12:36:22 AM »
Moyes bought plenty of shite at Everton, every manager does. Koldrup and van der Meyde, combined fees about £10m iirc and made about 20 appearances between them as an example.

attacking players werent really his forte. Van der Meyde was Everton's Sasa Curcic or maybe even Charles Nzogbia

good on a limited budget, arguably far better than Lambert as others have mentioned in that regard. Scary how little of a clue he had at United when given big money - Felliani and Mata may not even survive the summer clear out there.

He tended to place character and leadership higher up rather than technical or tactical ability.

Seeing as our current chairman values EPL experience over everything else, he might well be in the reckoning come the summer.

Would be best for Moyes to chance his luck in Europe though. He really needs to dump his entourage if he wants to get back in the big time of management.

Villa or Newcastle is roughly his level now in England.

Offline tepavilla

« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2014, 12:44:12 AM »
Wow. 8 or 9 bad months and the previous decade is instantly forgotton. Thats people for you.
No, nobody has forgotten anything. What most of us realize is that the game of football has evolved helluva lot in the last 5-10 years and, hence, what you accomplished 5 or so years ago doesn't mean much now.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2014, 02:53:15 AM »
He paid £10m+ for Yakubu, just saying.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2014, 02:55:22 AM »
Let's have a break from Scottish managers eh?

Offline 17081974

« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2014, 04:18:44 AM »
Moyes?? No thanks.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2014, 07:41:37 AM »
He paid £10m+ for Yakubu, just saying.

Ferguson paid £7m+ for Bebe. Wenger paid £8m for Francis Jeffers. It doesn't make them bad managers.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2014, 08:04:10 AM »
Moyes bought plenty of shite at Everton, every manager does. Koldrup and van der Meyde, combined fees about £10m iirc and made about 20 appearances between them as an example.
Van Der Meyde was only a couple of million I think, Kroldrup cost £5m but they got most of that back when he moved to Fiorentina.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »
Van Der Meyde was only a couple of million I think, Kroldrup cost £5m but they got most of that back when he moved to Fiorentina.

It's quite fun looking back at the old transfer and squad lists and seeing players who I'd completely forgotten existed. Danny Cadamarteri for instance - I remember making the quite brilliant prediction while seeing him score a wonder goal when him and Owen were coming through that "he'll go on to be a star. He'll have a much better career than Michael Owen". Oops.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
Solid eighteen year career though - still playing in League One with Carlisle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal