collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Sack Manager Ads  (Read 74248 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Moyes sacked? Let's get him in...
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
Yes

Offline Clampy

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
I'm not sure. He didn't win anything at Everton and they only used to hit a run of form during the second half of the season.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2014, 03:07:53 PM »
nah Martinez is the man
Is that the same Martinez who`s turned us down once already?, sorry, just asking.

The one who didn't even want an interview because he felt he still owed Wigan and Whelan, that's the one.
That mind-set didnt last too much longer did it??..

Possibly with the relegation Whelan told him he could go with his blessing? And compensation to make up the cash loss probably helped? I've posted the quote before but Martinez had a real love for Wigan so wouldn't have been an easy decision for him to leave.
Wigan to Everton, hmmm thats a toughie isnt it? - nah, i`l stick to my guns on this one, turned us down once so, end of, theres no saying he`d come anywhere near us anyway with the way he`s progressing at Goodison, next stop somewhere in Spain for our Roberto i reckon.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:18:30 PM by martin o`who?? »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 03:08:23 PM »
Klopp to us?

I suppose MON was judged optimistic at the time.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2014, 03:09:19 PM »
Moyes - meh! Old school British coach/manager who's probably the new Martin O'Neill. Pass, need someone younger, more dynamic and more forward thinking.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
But. he spent 11 years at Goodison and only finished in the bottom half of the table twice in that time. Prior to that, Everton were a shambles. I'd take some of that at the moment.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »
De Gea might get in a couple of those sides
They`re saying he`s going to be Man Us player of the season which doesn`t say much for the rest of them because he had a few dodgy moments earlier in the season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 03:12:24 PM »

Wigan to Man U, hmmm thats a toughie isnt it? - nah, i`l stick to my guns on this one, turned us down once so, end of, theres no saying he`d come anywhere near us anyway with the way he`s progressing at Goodison, next stop somewhere in Spain for our Roberto i reckon.

He'd be nuts to leave Everton for us right now. But i'm on about a few years ago when we were interested. This is the bit I was on about.

I'm currently reading Northern Soul which is about Wigan and their first season in the top flight. It's quite interesting, and had these snippets which may be of interest/relevance to us.

As well as covering that season, there are a few flashbacks, one of which was about when Wigan signed the 3 Spaniards and the author spoke to Martinez who was playing for Swansea at the time (2006) and he said this. "The chairman said he had a five-year plan to get into the Premiership, in the end it took ten and my only regret was that I never got the chance to play for them when they got there. That would have been special. To me Wigan Athletic will always be my club, always be in my heart".
Which may be why he wanted to stay at Wigan this season?

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »
What a great judge of a manager that red nose old fucker is eh?
We know all about his bloody recommendations don't we?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »
We've already got a manager.

You don't kick the wife out just because the horrible rich and arrogant couple round the corner are rumoured to be splitting up.

You lot have got no loyalty or morals have you!!

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »
It'd be a yes from me.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2014, 03:17:14 PM »
But. he spent 11 years at Goodison and only finished in the bottom half of the table twice in that time. Prior to that, Everton were a shambles. I'd take some of that at the moment.

Makes sense to me. Who else realistically could we get and would want to come here to manage this awful team..... not many.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »
No thanks I'd like someone who's a bit more progressive.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »
Moyes would be ok to a point, but I don't see him ever making a top level manager. He's like the Stewart Downing of managers. Europa League is about his level.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »

Wigan to Man U, hmmm thats a toughie isnt it? - nah, i`l stick to my guns on this one, turned us down once so, end of, theres no saying he`d come anywhere near us anyway with the way he`s progressing at Goodison, next stop somewhere in Spain for our Roberto i reckon.

He'd be nuts to leave Everton for us right now. But i'm on about a few years ago when we were interested. This is the bit I was on about.

I'm currently reading Northern Soul which is about Wigan and their first season in the top flight. It's quite interesting, and had these snippets which may be of interest/relevance to us.

As well as covering that season, there are a few flashbacks, one of which was about when Wigan signed the 3 Spaniards and the author spoke to Martinez who was playing for Swansea at the time (2006) and he said this. "The chairman said he had a five-year plan to get into the Premiership, in the end it took ten and my only regret was that I never got the chance to play for them when they got there. That would have been special. To me Wigan Athletic will always be my club, always be in my heart".
Which may be why he wanted to stay at Wigan this season?

Certifiable!!, i`d really like to think they make decisions as much with their hearts as with their agents but i dunno.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal