collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Spygate II  (Read 9749 times)

Offline rob_bridge

Re: Spygate II
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 12:21:44 PM »
We can replay the game and Scudamore can have his 39th game wish. We'll still lose. Pullis is a footballing genius compared to Lambert and seemingly OGS for that matter

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 12:27:43 PM »
Who's to say that if these allegations have some substance, it is only clubs that are receiving inside knowledge?

I'm pretty sure a few Asian betting syndicates would pay handsomely for obtaining player and formations info a few days in advance of games coming up? 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
Can anyone make the text bigger on the comments on our players? Might be a giggle to see professional sawkerspies confirm how rubbish our lot are.

Offline supertom

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 12:41:24 PM »
In terms of knowing the starting 11 it's an unfair advantage. Many of us however, suspected Lambert would switch to 5-3-2 for this game. That's no surprise. The only real surprise was the inclusion of Lowton over Bacuna.
Palace would have been well prepped on just how good/bad (mostly bad) each of our players were.

It's underhanded the way in which they've got the exact starting 11, but as far as a distinct advantage? Not really. Any manager worth his salt will know that Lambert has two main systems he uses, and that it's pretty easy to nullify our threat. Palace did that. If they'd not known our starting 11 before hand the result would more than likely have stayed the same. The only name in the team that would have mattered for us was Benteke, but he was injured by this point. The rest, okay at best, but mostly mediocre.

No chance in hell will we get awarded points or a rematch (do we honestly want to be subjected to one more Villa match this season???). They may get a fine, that'll be that and they'll carry on doing it. I'd guess most clubs do similar. It's a scummy, underhanded, piece of shit business now. Do we think our shit doesn't stink?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:43:01 PM by supertom »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »
Nostradamus is alive and well and living in sarf Landan.

Not sure he needed to put that much detail into Baker and Holt really. 'Shit' and 'Shitter' would have said it all really.

Offline john2710

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 12:59:46 PM »
I find it hard to believe it's coincidental that two of our back room staff have been suspended following this match.

It doesn't surprise me at all that it involves a side managed by that odious gimp Pulis. Making the pitch size the minimum permissible or having towels inside shirts etc... is gaining an advantage but within the rules. Getting the opposing teams formation well in advance is cheating. That's why it's also against the rules. There's something decidedly dodgy here that could have wider implications for football in general. I'm just happy that we're not the ones accused but I would expect this to disappear quietly, replays, points docked are not likely outcomes.

Of course there may be no connection & the story could be complete bullshit.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 01:05:25 PM »
I think we already know the game is corrupt.

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 01:15:22 PM »
What happened to announcing your squad before the game and announcing your players just before kick off?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
I was pissed off with Lambert that we were under the cosh for 30 minutes in the second half and he didn't change anything. We went 1-0 down, he brought Albrighton and Weimann and changed tactics and we looked a lot more dangerous for the last few minutes. If he had done that when we were under pressure, it would have given them a problem to think about and it might have changed the sequence of events.

It pisses me off when a team is under pressure for such a long spell and the manager doesn't do anything about it. It just becomes a foregone conclusion.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2014, 01:52:45 PM »
I'd like to see there report on Lambert.

The Gabby one reads '' reluctant to work when not in possession'', works his socks off does he Paul? My arse.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2014, 04:11:12 PM »
Baker: Tall, left CB. Attacks the ball and does okay in the air. But is often on his heels and lacks pace to recover- struggles with any ball played in behind and against a powerful quick striker will be vulnerable. Comfortable to a point but can be prone to error under pressure.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
I would expect most professional teams have scouting reports often more detailed (see AVB's http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8591763/How-Andre-Villas-Boas-scouting-reports-helped-Chelsea-to-a-3-0-win-over-Newcastle-in-November-2005.html ).

Calling the exact new formation and line up is very dodgy though.

Nothing will come of it. Not least because Pulis & Lambert are buddies off the pitch.

Offline supertom

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
Baker: Tall, left CB. Attacks the ball and does okay in the air. But is often on his heels and lacks pace to recover- struggles with any ball played in behind and against a powerful quick striker will be vulnerable. Comfortable to a point but can be prone to error under pressure.
And the "no shit Sherlock" award goes to...

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »
Cheating is cheating.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »
Is this tactical genius Pulis in any way related to the bloke who Lambert's team beat and outplayed on their own pitch last season?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal