collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Spygate II  (Read 9759 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Spygate II
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 11:35:52 AM »
Palace getting docked points and other teams being awarded points will never happen, bets have already been won and lost.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
If Palace got docked 6 points and we got awarded 3 and Cardiff 3 I still wouldn't back us to beat the drop.

What about if the points were taken off Palace, the game replayed and we had their team sheet. Back us then?

No, we have no goalscorers.

Offline supertom

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Don't think it would have made much difference. Pulis could tactically outwit Lambert in his sleep. And if Palace are indeed doing this, and getting this sort of info, perhaps we should be to? I don't necessarily mean inserting spys into other clubs, but we always seem so hideously unprepared in games, like we've just sent out 11 strangers to play a game they've never played, with no knowledge of who they're playing.

Offline Summers

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »
Of course it makes a difference.

It's also cheating.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 11:41:20 AM »
I'm chuckling at people think Palace will be deducted points for this.

If West Ham weren't deducted points for fielding Tevez and Sunderland weren't for fielding that Korean bloke this season, why would Palace be?

And say they've been doing for everygame under Pulis...what about the games they've lost against Newcastle, Man. United and Southampton? Does it not matter as those teams just beat them anyway?

I would say though this one looks dodgy as Bacuna only pulled out late with injury didn't he and he was obviously going to play as RB so either someone at the club was telling Palace the team or they had someone watching us get off the coach.

Offline Summers

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 11:47:21 AM »
Change in formation and changes in line up, and they get it spot on?

It's clearly dodgy.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
First Cardiff, now Villa. Wonder if any more might come out.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »

If West Ham weren't deducted points for fielding Tevez and Sunderland weren't for fielding that Korean bloke this season, why would Palace be?

And say they've been doing for everygame under Pulis...what about the games they've lost against Newcastle, Man. United and Southampton? Does it not matter as those teams just beat them anyway?

I would say though this one looks dodgy as Bacuna only pulled out late with injury didn't he and he was obviously going to play as RB so either someone at the club was telling Palace the team or they had someone watching us get off the coach.

Hardly the point. In my opinion it's much more underhand than fielding an illegal player.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 12:01:30 PM »
Is this somehow linked to the comings and goings at villa park this last week ?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »
Is this somehow linked to the comings and goings at villa park this last week ?

I thought that whilst reading it but Cardiff have made the same allegation so maybe not.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »
I wish they'd have told me before I spunked over £100 on tickets, travel and beer to watch a game that was already decided!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »

Hardly the point. In my opinion it's much more underhand than fielding an illegal player.

You really think it's worse than say a team fielding a player who then fails a drugs test and is therefore ineligible?

As I've said Palace have lost to Man. United, Newcastle and Southampton since Feb 22nd in the league so I'd say just go out and beat them anyway whatever tricks they're up to.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 12:13:53 PM »
It's all a bit dodgy

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 12:16:38 PM »

You really think it's worse than say a team fielding a player who then fails a drugs test and is therefore ineligible?

As I've said Palace have lost to Man. United, Newcastle and Southampton since Feb 22nd in the league so I'd say just go out and beat them anyway whatever tricks they're up to.

Yes. If the story is true then this is systematic cheating, involving a number of people. Whether or not it made any difference to the result cannot be proven but they clearly thought it would help otherwise they wouldn't have bothered.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 12:17:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure Ozzjim was talking about the "balls up in registration ineligible player" rather than the "coked off his tits ineligible player"

In that instance yes, it is far far worse to go out of your way to obtain that info about your opponents. There's a reason why it's against the rules.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal