collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Southampton Pre-Match Thread  (Read 20151 times)

Offline HertsVilla

• I say telescopic dampers, I mean rigid stays...
Re: Aston Villa v Southampton Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »
A little off topic, but I’ve just had a hugely positive experience that I thought I’d share with you all.

I have two friends from Japan coming to Villa Park for the first time this weekend, a visit which they have been eagerly anticipating for almost 5 years. A few weeks back I called the club to see if there’s anything they might be able to do to help me to honour the occasion. After taking my details they responded this afternoon saying that there were ‘2 home shirts with my friend's names printed on, awaiting them at the club shop on Saturday’. Call me sentimental but I genuinely had tears in my eyes. We really do support the best football club in the world.

Offline supertom

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2014, 04:26:42 PM »
A little off topic, but I’ve just had a hugely positive experience that I thought I’d share with you all.

I have two friends from Japan coming to Villa Park for the first time this weekend, a visit which they have been eagerly anticipating for almost 5 years. A few weeks back I called the club to see if there’s anything they might be able to do to help me to honour the occasion. After taking my details they responded this afternoon saying that there were ‘2 home shirts with my friend's names printed on, awaiting them at the club shop on Saturday’. Call me sentimental but I genuinely had tears in my eyes. We really do support the best football club in the world.
That's quality.
That does mean one less player we can buy in the summer though because of the cost of those shirts! ;)

Hopefully this will be a good omen for a win.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »
Just don't put him at right full back. He's too prone to ineptness there.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2014, 04:54:57 PM »

That's quality.
That does mean one less player we can buy in the summer though because of the cost of those shirts! ;)

Hopefully this will be a good omen for a win.

Nice. But, if I were you, I'd worry about the spelling of Japanese names by a B6 shopkeeper!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »
We'll smash South Madrid 4-1.

Offline supertom

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.751390238238381.1073741996.101566839887394&type=1

Some pics from training today here. The mood seems good. Lambert looks in an unusually perky mood.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2014, 06:02:20 PM »
I thought that was a very craftily-assembled set of training photos.

Offline supertom

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »
I thought that was a very craftily-assembled set of training photos.
The manner of releasing them perhaps, but I don't think the mood is put on. I don't think there's much performing for the camera going on, it seems more genuine (unless they're all bloody good actors). It would seem Culverhouse and Karsa were two rotten apples.

Of course whether this makes a blind bit of difference on results remains to be seen.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2014, 06:09:45 PM »
Oh I'm very willing to believe that the mood is better. By all accounts of the situation, everyone hated Karsahouse.

Offline russon

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2014, 06:13:41 PM »

I bet the marketing dept wet their pants when they saw your request come in, an opportunity to market the club in Asia is the holy grail of all football club marketeers. Good work HertsVilla, you pressed the right button there. If you'd have told them your mates were coming over from Honduras or some such they'd have told you to f#*k off!

Offline supertom

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »
Oh I'm very willing to believe that the mood is better. By all accounts of the situation, everyone hated Karsahouse.
I struggle to picture the guy's face to be honest. I just get visions of Alf Garnett or some similar character from some old outdated sitcom.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
Just don't put him at right full back. He's too prone to ineptness there.
I'd put him in the stands, personally.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 07:04:06 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.751390238238381.1073741996.101566839887394&type=1

Some pics from training today here. The mood seems good. Lambert looks in an unusually perky mood.

is that his wife on there having a go back at the fans?

Offline Merv

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2014, 08:13:02 PM »
I've never seen Lambert laughing like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal