collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sid 'n' Shay: the positive vibes thread  (Read 14089 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Sid 'n' Shay: the positive vibes thread
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
Given sounds like an all round good egg and along with Sid this might be just what Lambert needed. You get the impression that Culverhouse and Karsa became a bit Keyes and Gray. I'm glad they're gone (almost) and that good people and football people are getting a chance, if only possibly temporarily

Andy Gray is obviously intelligent on the football side of things and has experience of being an assistant manager. Shay Given strikes me as the same sort of football thinker. Sorry to say this but I think Gordon Cowans has been around at Villa Park for far too long without showing
any exceptional coaching skills. But he is, of course, popular with the fanbase because of his playing skills.

Its quite possibly Lambert is using him to gain favour with the support and if that is true it is disgraceful.

Anyone who genuinely thinks Lambert is "using" Cowans to gain favour with Villa fans simply does not like Lambert. Ron, all due respect but I think that theory is crazy.

Offline LTA

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »
I think the reality is that the club at board and management level have become too detached from the fans.  Getting Sid back with the first team should give everyone a big lift as he has such a presence at Villa.  Plus he's worked with the likes of Wiemann, Gabby, Clark and Baker in the past, so perhaps Sid knows how to get more out of them.

Having sat in the Trinity Road stand, I can vouch that Culverhouse has been, shall we say, rather obnoxious with one or two of us.  If you don;t like the heat Ian then you shouldn't go in the kitchen.

Seems strange going onto Saturday that the number one nd number two in the dugout are former European champions!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
Having been so excited about a forthcoming villa game for seems like ages. Hope we get the win and kick on. The players should be so pumped and motivated to win this game.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
Given sounds like an all round good egg and along with Sid this might be just what Lambert needed. You get the impression that Culverhouse and Karsa became a bit Keyes and Gray. I'm glad they're gone (almost) and that good people and football people are getting a chance, if only possibly temporarily

Andy Gray is obviously intelligent on the football side of things and has experience of being an assistant manager. Shay Given strikes me as the same sort of football thinker. Sorry to say this but I think Gordon Cowans has been around at Villa Park for far too long without showing
any exceptional coaching skills. But he is, of course, popular with the fanbase because of his playing skills.

Its quite possibly Lambert is using him to gain favour with the support and if that is true it is disgraceful.

Anyone who genuinely thinks Lambert is "using" Cowans to gain favour with Villa fans simply does not like Lambert. Ron, all due respect but I think that theory is crazy.

Anything is possible in the wonderful world of football, TV. It has been reported that bullying may have taken place.As Eastie is no longer with us do you know who is the players union rep at Villa Park? You would have thought this kind of behaviour (if true) would have been reported to their elected union rep.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2014, 08:48:49 PM »
Bullying is very hard to prove. They must have lots of evidence from lots of sources if indeed it is bullying as per the rumours

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »
How much impacrt on selection and tactics do they have? Didn't see much yesterday?

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »
Got to admit I was hoping for more.

However, the impact of 3 days up against the negativity of several months was probably always going to be difficult to establish.

Hopefully, the next week should help to improve the well being of the squad and ditto the following weeks till the end of the season.  Aiming to improve the performance on match day, of course.

Best bit of Saturday was young Robinson coming on at last.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »
To be fair Louzie0, the best bit of Saturday was not losing - again! And we could easily have done so.

But it was great to see him come on and probably the biggest cheer of the day from the Villa fans.
UTV!

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
To be fair Louzie0, the best bit of Saturday was not losing - again!

Agree, Frankmosswasmyuncle! UTV!

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »
I think the reality is that the club at board and management level have become too detached from the fans.  Getting Sid back with the first team should give everyone a big lift as he has such a presence at Villa.  Plus he's worked with the likes of Wiemann, Gabby, Clark and Baker in the past, so perhaps Sid knows how to get more out of them.

Having sat in the Trinity Road stand, I can vouch that Culverhouse has been, shall we say, rather obnoxious with one or two of us.  If you don;t like the heat Ian then you shouldn't go in the kitchen.

Seems strange going onto Saturday that the number one nd number two in the dugout are former European champions!

Would prefer Sid to stay with the kids.  Dont want his reputation tarnished in association with Lambert

We need an experienced assistant in if Lambert stays

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2014, 07:40:52 AM »
Most positive vibiest thing I have is that our defence is good enough to get us two more 0-0 draws before the end of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal