collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Culverhouse and Karsa suspended (Now both sacked: Reply #876)  (Read 141838 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Culverhouse and Karsa suspended
« Reply #810 on: April 20, 2014, 01:55:21 AM »
It's only based on what I read in 'The Damned United' but Brian Clough's megalomania was an advantage in the early days. He assumed responsibility for everything at the club and was extremely exacting.

..and was ultimately responsible for presiding over the farcical Forest relegation without anyone having the balls to stand up to him.

It takes a special kind of miseryguts to, when appraising Brian Clough's time at Forest, focus on the relegation in 1992!

And I did qualify my remark with 'in the early days'.

The passage of time is important. One of my favourite villa experiences was BFR's first game at Hillsborough. One off least favourite was losing to Wimbledon. Clough won the European Cup twice and also featured in a Viz cartoon, having fallen asleep, pissed, in a field. The glory and the farce are part of the same story.

Sorry, Damon, I was talking more to brontebilly.

But, as I'm here, I once fell in a silo of sheep shit and still managed to horn the mother of a sniper in the same week, so I agree.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #811 on: April 20, 2014, 11:38:39 AM »
So according to twitter the suspensions of these two is linked to the story in the Observer.....

Pure speculation but it would seem to fit

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #812 on: April 20, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »
There is this in The Guardian tomorrow.  I didnt know which thread to put it on.

A major football club in England has been rocked by a drugs scandal that has gone as far as the police and the English authorities, the Observer can reveal.

The police were called in to investigate after senior members of staff started suspecting some of their colleagues were regularly using class-A drugs inside the stadium. The allegations go to the top of the club and involve at least one high-profile figure with a considerable reputation within the sport.

On one occasion, two prominent officials were allegedly caught snorting cocaine in the boardroom of a rival club during an away fixture. Rumours of the incident have spread among other clubs in the same division. Officials of the league in question have been made aware and are treating it as a first within the sport.

However, there are people at the relevant club who are concerned it may be more a more widespread problem than just the one case. At a home match, one member of the club's hierarchy became concerned when he noticed the residue of a white powder on the clothing of a colleague as he took his seat.

The club cannot be named for legal reasons but a high-ranking source has confirmed that internal inquiries began "following allegations that hard drugs were being consumed by certain people on the premises".

He added: "The police have been informed, as have the relevant league, so it is now a matter for the police to find out if there is a case to answer."
At a home match, one member of the club's hierarchy became concerned when he noticed the residue of a white powder on the clothing of a colleague as he took his seat
Could have been dandruff!

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #813 on: April 20, 2014, 11:54:32 AM »
The police were called in to investigate after senior members of staff started suspecting some of their colleagues were regularly using class-A drugs inside the stadium. The allegations go to the top of the club and involve at least one high-profile figure with a considerable reputation within the sport.

On one occasion, two prominent officials were allegedly caught snorting cocaine in the boardroom of a rival club during an away fixture.

Well that rules us out. We don't have any prominent officials, and none of our figures are high-profile or have any reputation in the sport.

Be a major disaster if it was us though. All joking apart it is a very serious matter for whichever club is involved. Its something the hacks will be onto first thing Monday morning. We should have the answer within a couple of days unless the legal boys are involved.

Offline supertom

« Reply #814 on: April 20, 2014, 12:45:41 PM »
To be fair I'm surprised most of the fans haven't turned to cocaine to try and make the garbage the team have delivered on the pitch, more bearable.
I myself have turned to chips. Much like Holt I imagine.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #815 on: April 20, 2014, 01:58:38 PM »
I think the paper would have mentioned it if it had been premier league rather than just a "major club".

Online johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #816 on: April 20, 2014, 06:51:09 PM »
It's only based on what I read in 'The Damned United' but Brian Clough's megalomania was an advantage in the early days. He assumed responsibility for everything at the club and was extremely exacting.

..and was ultimately responsible for presiding over the farcical Forest relegation without anyone having the balls to stand up to him.

It takes a special kind of miseryguts to, when appraising Brian Clough's time at Forest, focus on the relegation in 1992!

And I did qualify my remark with 'in the early days'.

The passage of time is important. One of my favourite villa experiences was BFR's first game at Hillsborough. One off least favourite was losing to Wimbledon. Clough won the European Cup twice and also featured in a Viz cartoon, having fallen asleep, pissed, in a field. The glory and the farce are part of the same story.

Sorry, Damon, I was talking more to brontebilly.

But, as I'm here, I once fell in a silo of sheep shit and still managed to horn the mother of a sniper in the same week, so I agree.

I reckon I get most oblique references on here... But " managed to horn the mother of a sniper" ha sleft me puzzled. Were you in the army and shagging someones Mum in South Armagh or is it an agricultural term i am unfamiliar with or did you shoot someone?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #817 on: April 20, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
I think the paper would have mentioned it if it had been premier league rather than just a "major club".

Agreed. Although when I first read it, like many here I immediately thought of the North East :)

Online shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
« Reply #818 on: April 20, 2014, 07:34:35 PM »
I'm sure it's a club in Yorkshire.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #819 on: April 20, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »
A dirty one?

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #820 on: April 20, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »
'Horn the mother of a sniper' sounds like a Norwegian colloquialism that's been fed through Google translate.

I once saw the daughter of the Bishop of Pontefract with no clothes on, and got bitten by Lorraine Chase's dog on the same day.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #821 on: April 20, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »
'Horn the mother of a sniper' sounds like a Norwegian colloquialism that's been fed through Google translate.

I once saw the daughter of the Bishop of Pontefract with no clothes on, and got bitten by Lorraine Chase's dog on the same day.

That's two days "...and finally" for the price of one. Job-a-knock.

Online shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
« Reply #822 on: April 20, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »
Utterly Filthy

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #824 on: April 24, 2014, 04:58:47 AM »
That Telegraph piece could be referring to this

As that news was breaking, former Dundalk striker Michael Rafter – a player under Culverhouse and Karsa whilst at Colchester – had given credence to the claims, tweeting: “Not surprised to hear what’s going on at Villa, happened in Colchester too #Gangsters”. When I pressed the current Cork City striker to elaborate on what had happened him there he declined, preferring to keep his counsel but it is apparent the pair have got previous for this sort of behaviour.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal