collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Culverhouse and Karsa suspended (Now both sacked: Reply #876)  (Read 141902 times)

Offline Glenn Peen

Re: Culverhouse and Karsa suspended
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 02:18:53 PM »
This is all more mental than one of my poo-based songs.

Altogether now, to the tune of 'Allo 'Allo...

When times were hard
And Shay the card
Came calling to help
And Sid the man
Took the can
And was a legend
We talked of times
And sang the rhymes
That good friends had said
Would always be
The chance to see
The game of 'Cluedo'
It's always fun when people get lost
And Culverhouse and Karsa are frost
It's time to be
Sexually
The chance is right now
Let's win the match
Let's win the match
Let's win the match (repeat to fade)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »
Have to say as well, this wouldn't have been something Shay would have been contractually obligated to do. He's a good pro and fair play to him for stepping up when asked.
Other members of our bomb squad, had they been put in that position (coach Hutton...could you imagine it???) might have stuck two fingers up at the club.

Others have said that he's done his badges so he'd have to be absolutely daft not to take the role on.  Good luck to him.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:02 PM »
Have to say as well, this wouldn't have been something Shay would have been contractually obligated to do. He's a good pro and fair play to him for stepping up when asked.
Other members of our bomb squad, had they been put in that position (coach Hutton...could you imagine it???) might have stuck two fingers up at the club.

He's been offered a new job and maybe promises have been made about how temporary it is?

I like the idea of the club having coaches to ensure continuity, rather than managers having staff.

Online wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:17 PM »
Bust up was reported to be between Cowans and Culverhouse about not playing any of his youth lads. Delph and Gabby stuck up for Cowans and were dropped vs Fulham. All feels like the week leading up to McLeish going doesn't it?

Season ticket sales not off to a flyer I would suggest too?

Offline Fred

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
Lambert must be a dead man walking now, i wonder if Sid will be in charge on Saturday?

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »
It's difficult to see how his position remains tenable at this point.

which is why I think he will walk, he will get his full compo

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
Interesting that Lambert asked Sid to step up, and presumably Shay too. Something serious must have happened, beyond looking at Facebook during work hours.

Do we know that it was Lambert's wishes that they step up or was it a board decision? I don't anything about Karsa apart from I believe he is Lambert's brother in law but from things I have heard I have believed for a while that Culverhouse was a negative presence and as an assistant seemed to be causing Lambert more problems than he solved. I think Sid being involved on Saturday will bring some goodwill and a bit more a a feelgood factor to the occasion.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »
The club have also confirmed it as well. Bloody hell, what a mess.

I reckon they are trying to force Lambert's hand into resigning. Lambert's done at Villa.

I think the board were left with no alternative due to the seriousness of the incident(s) and after initial statements from those involved, they were left with no choice but to suspend both and prepare a full internal investigation.

We love to do things by the book. Lambert has no alternative other than to accept Sid and Shay. He'll probably sit back and see how this unfolds. I can't see him walking. No chance.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 02:21:36 PM »
This is either going to be brilliant or catastrophic. I'm not sure there's a middle course.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »
Interesting that Lambert asked Sid to step up, and presumably Shay too. Something serious must have happened, beyond looking at Facebook during work hours.

so weird , hes tried to force Given out and now hes his rght hand man with sid sort of

expect Darren Bent back selling programmes
and Hutton sorting the catering out

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »

Do we know that it was Lambert's wishes that they step up or was it a board decision? I don't anything about Karsa apart from I believe he is Lambert's brother in law but from things I have heard I have believed for a while that Culverhouse was a negative presence and as an assistant seemed to be causing Lambert more problems than he solved. I think Sid being involved on Saturday will bring some goodwill and a bit more a a feelgood factor to the occasion.

On the website Sid said that Lambert asked him to step up and I guess he must have asked Shay to do so too.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!

Offline Boz

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:57 PM »

But did he???

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »
An internal investigation.  Presumably into their CV's and references they supplied when applying for the job stating that they were experienced, professional football coaches.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
Aren't Lambert and Gary Karsa related in some way?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »

so weird , hes tried to force Given out and now hes his rght hand man with sid sort of

expect Darren Bent back selling programmes
and Hutton sorting the catering out

I doubt Lambert asked Sid or Given anything.
More like a JFDI.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal