collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:38:02 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Get behind your football team  (Read 6092 times)

Offline Simon Ward

Re: Get behind your football team
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »
Painting my bedsheet

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your own business!

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 10:09:18 AM »
I have been to 8 games this season and have only seen one half arsed cup win against lower league opposition (I know, that in itself is an achievement). I reckon ive had the chance to go to 13-14 but just cant be arsed having half my weekend ruined by this infernal shite any longer. whether there are 33000 there or 33001 wont make much difference to the team so ill be sat at home watching on a dodgy internet stream. I just hope beyond hope that the manager and players can put a performance together for those that do make it because we have been short changed massively this season and there will be some there that have been comewhatever - they deserve better.

I know Villa Park will be 100% behind the team if they put out a performance like Arsenal earlier in the season. We clapped and cheered the team on all game and clapped them off the pitch despite a disappointing result. There will be 11men and their manager who will decide if they have the fans behind them on Saturday, no one else. Rallying crys from Lovejoy and Faulkner are all good and meant with the best intentions but we arent sheep. I was at the Bolton game and moved heaven and high earth to get there because the team needed it. The support was fantastic for a while but we know how that ended (I honestly stood in silence) To this day that is my worst experience of supporting Villa

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 10:13:09 AM »
I don't want to get behind them anymore. They owe us a performance. Show us, at the very least the old 110%. Until I see that I reserve and have time served the right to boo and moan as much as I want.

An early goal and I will change my mind of course. Either way I will renew my season ticket, but I don't need Smithers telling me to back em, who does he think he is?

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 10:24:35 AM »
oooh don't boo the players!

Most games they play like feeble-minded wimps, it might actually put some fire in their guts (Please not you though Baker)

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 10:32:37 AM »
35000 turn up every week to see Villa win, not to boo them. How about Lerner, Lambert and the players meeting their side of the bargain and pulling their effing fingers out. Patronising and insulting drivel from Faulkner makes me want to punch him. Funny how the fans are suddenly so important now Lambert has dragged us down with the dead men in the league but we were irrelevant when we tried to tell the club that Mcleish would be a bad appointment.

The club are very lucky that the crowd have stayed onside for so long.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
Fair comment Chico

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »
I'm sure the crowd will get behind them on Saturday simply because they have to. I don't blame anyone who got angry down at Palace though, we were so dire.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
35000 turn up every week to see Villa win, not to boo them. How about Lerner, Lambert and the players meeting their side of the bargain and pulling their effing fingers out. Patronising and insulting drivel from Faulkner makes me want to punch him. Funny how the fans are suddenly so important now Lambert has dragged us down with the dead men in the league but we were irrelevant when we tried to tell the club that Mcleish would be a bad appointment.

Well said.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »

The same fans who thought Lambert would be a good appointment.

Its wise not to listen to the Holte End.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »
Chico post is nail on head

Im amazed the fans keep turning up for that shite . I , like a few can pick our games , thou after what I witnessed live , it was awful and said I would not go again , I get offered free tickets quite a lot but actually dread that call now , the excitement has gone

.  But the season ticket holders have been brilliant and Im suprised they did not start getting pissed off alot earlier than they did.

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »

This is why I don't post much on here. Theres always someone who will come along and say exactly what I'd (like to be able to) come up with.

Offline levico

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:39 AM »

Summed up perfectly for me.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 11:20:21 AM »

Nobody is going to go to the match with the intention of booing anyone, i'm sure. But it wont take much ineptitude on the pitch for the atmosphere to charge quickly.

And that can't be the supporters fault. It's not a one way deal after all. All season, and last we've got 30k plus (well mainly) in backing a woeful side and manager. We've pretty much held up our side of the bargain without fault.

If things get nasty this weekend it wont be the supporters fault that it's reached a head.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »

Summed up perfectly for me.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 11:47:06 AM »

amen.

it was notable how many of the players ignored the support on saturday and ambled to the dressing rooms.

i can only remember vlaar, delph and guzan acknowledging the fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal