collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:12:45 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by robleflaneur
[Today at 02:11:53 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Dogtanian
[Today at 02:08:07 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:05:07 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Richard
[Today at 02:03:24 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Dogtanian
[Today at 02:01:53 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by CT Villan
[Today at 01:59:17 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:59:06 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Get behind your football team  (Read 6120 times)

Online lovejoy

Get behind your football team
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:16:59 AM »
Having seen the crowd turn late on at Palace I am concerned that this will happen earlier, and with more involved on Saturday. We all know the situation is bad, the manager and squad struggling and those below us picking up points. None of us want relegation - the financial implication could see us in the wilderness for a decade.

We need to circle the wagons and get behind the team to take us over the line in the next 3 games. Our squad is fragile on confidence at best and prolonged anger aimed at the manager will only serve to make relegation more likely.

I respect your right to boo, do so after the game. Believe me a fall in ST sales will give the club management the message.

Get behind your football team, the club needs your support now more than ever.

UTV

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Get behind your football team
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:25:18 AM »
Paul ?
Paul Faulkner?
Is that you ?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
yes, sorry like

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
I plan to boo non stop. In fact i'm already booing and won't stop until 4.55pm on Saturday.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »
I will be at work on Saturday but plan to boo at my colleagues during the afternoon. If any of them let me know the score from their phones and we are losing I will boo them even louder, then probably punch them and get sacked.

Offline Richie

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:03:06 AM »
As much as I am sick to death of what's going on at my club, Lovejoy is absolutely spot on.

We need to see total commitment from the team, which without doubt will get the fans 100% behind them.

But you think back to games like QPR and Sunderland towards the end of last season, crucial games where the result meant more than the performance, and the fans played a major part in the wins.

Chants of We want Lambert out or You're not fit to wear the shirt aren't going to help, no matter how frustrated we all feel.   

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:58 AM »
As much as I am sick to death of what's going on at my club, Lovejoy is absolutely spot on.

We need to see total commitment from the team, which without doubt will get the fans 100% behind them.

But you think back to games like QPR and Sunderland towards the end of last season, crucial games where the result meant more than the performance, and the fans played a major part in the wins.

Chants of We want Lambert out or You're not fit to wear the shirt aren't going to help, no matter how frustrated we all feel.   

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »
I will be asleep but I shall dream about booing and maybe I can boo in my sleep.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »

Offline Boz

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »

Boo Lambert certainly, but getting on the players backs during a game is counter productive to surviving relegation, IMO of course.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »
Having seen the crowd turn late on at Palace I am concerned that this will happen earlier, and with more involved on Saturday. We all know the situation is bad, the manager and squad struggling and those below us picking up points. None of us want relegation - the financial implication could see us in the wilderness for a decade.

We need to circle the wagons and get behind the team to take us over the line in the next 3 games. Our squad is fragile on confidence at best and prolonged anger aimed at the manager will only serve to make relegation more likely.

I respect your right to boo, do so after the game. Believe me a fall in ST sales will give the club management the message.

Get behind your football team, the club needs your support now more than ever.

UTV

Well said.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
Painting my bedsheet

Online aj2k77

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »
I plan to boo non stop. In fact i'm already booing and won't stop until 4.55pm on Saturday.

I like this idea, but im going to do it gradually. I've got a quiet boo going right now and i'm going to crank it up day by day until Kick Off Saturday then im going to release a crescendo of boo's.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 09:51:48 AM »
I have been down 3 times this season and just seen utter shite each game, so i am going tro manage my lads under 8s team , see more passing and enthusiasm from them and then go at sort my garden out and pass another sigh of hear we go again when results come around at 4.52 on BBC

I just cannot be arsed any more

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
Spot on Lovejoy and this message needs to spread to other forums.  We've fifteen points to play for and - as daft as this season has been - we can still finish the season midtable in a position that improves on last year's.  To echo PF's statement (I know, I know) of the other day, when we all stick together and push in the same direction we are a pretty formidable football club.

We need that siege mentality back and it's down to us to lift the team over the line.  We've no Benteke or Kozak to chip in with the goals which means it's time for some other lads to come of age and grab their chance.  I'm very positive that we can finish the season in a higher position than last but we have to stick together and fight for the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal