collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by trinityoap
[Today at 11:53:29 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Rigadon
[Today at 11:51:24 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Steve67
[Today at 11:46:38 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 11:35:16 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa fans during the minutes silence at Palace  (Read 11251 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Villa fans during the minutes silence at Palace
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »
It's a football match, fans are full of tension and adrenaline. They're just asking for trouble calling for minute silences. I'm getting sick of them.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »
It's a football match, fans are full of tension and adrenaline. They're just asking for trouble calling for minute silences. I'm getting sick of them.

Yes, it is a bit much expecting fans to be quiet as a sign of respect for 1 minute. After all, they've only got another 1,439 minutes in the day in which to make a noise. 

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »
I am with you SH.   Minute's silences have become completely devalued.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »

Yes, it is a bit much expecting fans to be quiet as a sign of respect for 1 minute. After all, they've only got another 1,439 minutes in the day in which to make a noise. 

They're going to a football match not a mass.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »

This was one of the ones I was ok with, especially as it could have been any team losing almost 100 fans at the time. The ones I hate are the ones forced on all teams when the person has nothing to do with other teams. (Like what will happen when Whisky face dies.)

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 07:44:36 PM »

This was one of the ones I was ok with, especially as it could have been any team losing almost 100 fans at the time. The ones I hate are the ones forced on all teams when the person has nothing to do with other teams. (Like what will happen when Whisky face dies.)

I don't like them, never have done never will do. There's always gonna be a few fans who make a bit of noise then the shit hits the fan and the whole fan base gets slaughtered for it.
We should just call it a day and stop minute silences for good.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 07:47:36 PM »

I don't like them, never have done never will do. There's always gonna be a few fans who make a bit of noise then the shit hits the fan and the whole fan base gets slaughtered for it.

You must be fun to be around at funerals then.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 07:56:27 PM »

Much as Villa games feel like funerals these days I can assure you they're not. Go and pay your respects at church, memorial services or whatever you like, but for goodness sake leave football matches alone.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 07:59:38 PM »
If you thousands of people managing to keep quiet for one minute I think it makes the whole thing pretty moving.

It is a shame that there were a few that were unable to keep it zipped for 60 seconds.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »

Much as Villa games feel like funerals these days I can assure you they're not. Go and pay your respects at church, memorial services or whatever you like, but for goodness sake leave football matches alone.

On this occasion it was about a tragedy at a football match that could have involved any of us.
I think it was quite appropriate and so, it seems, did most football fans throughout the country.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
I am sure the 96 who lost their lives at Hillsborough would not want their fellow fans to be po faced and miseryarsed.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:49 PM »
My Palace supporting friend was sitting next to our fans and looking directly at us. He says that no way was it late comers and was disgraceful. Cameron Jerome even tweeted about it afterwards. I had a bit of an argument with my mate but he swears blind it wasn't guys on the concourse etc.

Well your mate is wrong and, anyway, what was he doing 'looking directly at us' shouldn't he have been facing the pitch?

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
My Palace supporting friend was sitting next to our fans and looking directly at us. He says that no way was it late comers and was disgraceful. Cameron Jerome even tweeted about it afterwards. I had a bit of an argument with my mate but he swears blind it wasn't guys on the concourse etc.

Well your mate is wrong and, anyway, what was he doing 'looking directly at us' shouldn't he have been facing the pitch?

It was during the minutes silence and he was looking at the Villa fans as he reckons that there was a lot of singing and shouting ruining the silence

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »
No there wasn't - as I've said earlier on this thread, and also on the post match thread on Saturday, the noise came from Villa fans who had not yet entered the seating area, and were therefore unaware that the minutes silence had started. The Villa fans got similar - undeserved - stick at West Ham on 2nd November. I'm more than happy for fellow fans to be lambasted if they deserve it but in these two cases they don't.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »
I was in row 7 and it was well behind me. I think he is stirring things up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal