collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ed back again  (Read 4698 times)

Offline rob_bridge

Re: Press-ed back again
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 11:08:24 AM »
I really don't care who does the 'fronting up'.

Joe Lewis never does but I seem know more about Spurs's future plans and ambiitons, however awry they may be going at the minute, than I do of Villa's.

We had corporate blurb from PF a while back about 'going in the right direction' which seemed to amount to reducing the wage/income ratio (in itself not a bad thing) but little else. The ratio should reduce as TV money increases, assuming we don't get relegated.

Then we have what to me seems like a right back covering exercise, don't blame me style, from Lambert via 2 articles in the Mail in recent days.

Sorry neither approach is good enough.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 11:12:18 AM »
when you have no leaders or direction on the pitch , you know you have not got them above . In management and the board .

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 11:21:13 AM »
The only thing I do not  agree on is Palace deserved the win ., as Dave said , Pullis is more inventive than lambert . 

Agreed. Palace did what they needed to do to get the three points. We deserved nothing.
Agree with everything else Dave said though.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
Another good article Dave.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »

Draws attention to how ridiculous this silence and unaccountability that is coming from the club is.

Shut up and buy your tickets, we know what we are doing, even though up to now we've displayed we don't. That's what the clubs PR ammounts to.

The PR people must have a hard job when they know that they will be lambasted because Lerner is not presenting himself to face the music. This silence of his has never been acceptable, right from the start. Now that we are in a mess it is all coming home to roost.

It doesn't have to be him but it should be someone.

Should we expect to hear anything from the club's Press Officer?

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
I am not sure that there is much to say.

Having given it a good go on arrival, and just fallen short, I think that Lerner’s plan is to spend enough to stay up and enjoy the windfall growth in PL income, which has been considerable since he bought us. It is a model that Newcastle and Everton fans will be familiar with. Meanwhile managers will come and go, some will do better, some worse.

What hurts is that we were so close, consecutive top six finishes, Europa League football, talk of a 52k capacity stadium, and now it’s gone.

The story behind the MON/lerner schism has never been properly explained. MON's signings had become wilful and profligate, yet his stock was high, you caot help but feel that an accommodation was possible. Neither party has ever really recovered.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
Good article Dave that sums up very well the current plight of the club. 

Offline Fuse

• GM : 28.08.2015
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »
The point made about the silence from the club is key for me. What I think most fans hate is the lack of communication, leadership and acceptance on the side fo the board as to where we are currently as a club. All I see are constant messages about renewing season tickets or at the end of another match report of defeat another message about buying a ticket for the enxt match we will likley lose.

Faulkner should be that voice I assume but whenever he has come out he is akin to Comical Ali, Saddam HUssain's PR man from the Gulf War - saying everythign is ok and we are fightign off the US Army as in the background you can see the US tanks rolling into Bagdhad. Faulkner claiming we are making progress which was his last appearance on local media just antangonises the support further as it is blatantly bullshit.

COme out and say we arent where we are aiming to be, tell us things are going to be ok because we are planning this, that etc. SOmething to make us think that they do know what they are doing.

I won't hold my breath though as I am convinced that is exaclty the issue - they don;t know what they are doing, have no plan and make it up as thye go along. Which is likely to involve another management change in the summer, that unless is alongside a cohesive plan and proper investment in the squad is going to result in relegation.

That is assuming we don't go down now, which isnt out of the question.

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 08:59:50 PM »
A good article, but I wouldn't say Selhurst Park was horrible. I was there on Saturday and for me it's a decent old fashioned football ground situated in the heart of it's fan base, as opposed to the modern trend for out of town lego kits. Maybe that's why their home support is so good.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 09:16:56 PM »
The barrel roofed stand behind the Holmesdale Road goal is quite a construction. It took a long time to build because of the depth of the piling that they had to do. Given the space they had to put a large stand in, I think credit where it is due. The Arthur Wait Stand is looking very tired now but, when you get supporters smashing up toilets and pissing on bog seats, you wonder if they should put some of them in a cage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal