collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ed back again  (Read 4695 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Press-ed back again
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:40:19 AM »
Good article, it would be great to believe that the club reads it.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:58:34 AM »

Given some of the stupid contracts the club have signed over the past three years I am going to say reading is not their strong suit.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »

Given some of the stupid contracts the club have signed over the past three years I am going to say reading is not their strong suit.

I think they can read - I dare say their comprehension is of low level though.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:49 AM »
As you say, the travelling fans have now turned against the manager, after weeks and months of loyal support. At Selhurst on Saturday you heard not just frustration but real anger.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »
I have no doubt people at the club read messageboards and articles relating to the club. Perhaps even Paul Faulkner has a browse occasionally. But I am beginning to wonder if the supporters who are not season ticket holders mean anything to the buisness people who run the clubs these days. People like me for instance.

There doesnt appear to be any reason I can think off why they should. It is all about money now and that wasn't how things used to be before 1992. Football is no longer run for the working classes and that is a great pity.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 09:51:53 AM »
Duly FB'd and Tw*ttered.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »
Best article yet Dave.

Draws attention to how ridiculous this silence and unaccountability that is coming from the club is.

Shut up and buy your tickets, we know what we are doing, even though up to now we've displayed we don't. That's what the clubs PR ammounts to.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 10:12:58 AM »

Draws attention to how ridiculous this silence and unaccountability that is coming from the club is.

Shut up and buy your tickets, we know what we are doing, even though up to now we've displayed we don't. That's what the clubs PR ammounts to.

The PR people must have a hard job when they know that they will be lambasted because Lerner is not presenting himself to face the music. This silence of his has never been acceptable, right from the start. Now that we are in a mess it is all coming home to roost.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »

The PR people must have a hard job when they know that they will be lambasted because Lerner is not presenting himself to face the music. This silence of his has never been acceptable, right from the start. Now that we are in a mess it is all coming home to roost.

It doesn't have to be him but it should be someone.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »
One thing I dont get about RL is his unwillingness to do anything thing in the public eye...Why would you buy into an industry with more media attention than most 3rd world civil wars? Not asking for a Dave Whelan by any stretch of the imagination but one interview would put this to bed now. Come out and say you back PL to the hilt, money will be available to drastically improve the squad, tell us the plans and apologise for running our club into the ground through 4years of mismanagement. Ask the fans to keep the faith, tell us the good times are coming and the support will probably rally round.

Or alternatively, stay silent, let PL take the flak and carry on sailing towards oblivion.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 10:56:15 AM »

It doesn't have to be him but it should be someone.

Preferably not that twat they sent on WM last season around January time, Derek Doolittle or whatever he was called. Got slaughtered on the phone in and sounded as deluded as Lambert. He kept referring to the Liverpool result, which was our one good result in 8 weeks.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:57:51 AM by aj2k77 »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »
One thing I dont get about RL is his unwillingness to do anything thing in the public eye...Why would you buy into an industry with more media attention than most 3rd world civil wars? Not asking for a Dave Whelan by any stretch of the imagination but one interview would put this to bed now. Come out and say you back PL to the hilt, money will be available to drastically improve the squad, tell us the plans and apologise for running our club into the ground through 4years of mismanagement. Ask the fans to keep the faith, tell us the good times are coming and the support will probably rally round.

Or alternatively, stay silent, let PL take the flak and carry on sailing towards oblivion.

Where's the General? Isn't that footballing no mark still on the board? We need him to reappear to tell us all we are shit in the stands/trenches and surrender is no option.

''now run blindly at those machine guns, fools''
''now run blindly to the ticket office, fools''

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »
Careful, Dave. They'll be docking your wages after an outburst like that!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »
A very good article there .

The only thing I do not  agree on is Palace deserved the win ., as Dave said , Pullis is more inventive than lambert . 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal