collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2646517 times)

Offline Villatillidie25

Re: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL
« Reply #17940 on: June 06, 2018, 11:07:58 AM »
Quick question but, if we get bought in the near future, does that re-set the FFP clock? I'm sure I read somewhere that basically the first couple of years you're exempt following a takeover...

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #17941 on: June 06, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »
What galls me more than anything else is the reality that at this point in time we potentially have less financial clout than the likes of Bourenmouth,Huddersfield, Watford and Burnley
Just how far has our club sunk and are we plunging to even further depths? It reeks of continued gross mismanagement

We've sunk to 24th in the League ladder at last look and our financial clout has dropped accordingly. It's shit but it's not the end. As for mismanagement, I think we all agree that's been the case for years.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #17942 on: June 06, 2018, 12:46:08 PM »
What galls me more than anything else is the reality that at this point in time we potentially have less financial clout than the likes of Bourenmouth,Huddersfield, Watford and Burnley
Just how far has our club sunk and are we plunging to even further depths? It reeks of continued gross mismanagement

Spot on.  Even more though, I'm still wondering why the largest club in the UK's Second City can't seem to attract attract genuine blue-chip investment?  Does this say as much about how the outside world views Birmingham as a city and as an opportunity for investment?  Is there no political will to drive serious investment into the region?  There's so much potential, as we have said around here for so long.  It's a never-ending cycle of third-rate business people running the Club.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17943 on: June 06, 2018, 12:50:19 PM »

Spot on.  Even more though, I'm still wondering why the largest club in the UK's Second City can't seem to attract attract genuine blue-chip investment?  Does this say as much about how the outside world views Birmingham as a city and as an opportunity for investment?  Is there no political will to drive serious investment into the region?  There's so much potential, as we have said around here for so long.  It's a never-ending cycle of third-rate business people running the Club.

It is nothing to do with the region or city.

The fact is, blue chip companies do not invest in football in general, because it is a money pit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17944 on: June 06, 2018, 12:53:32 PM »

The fact is, blue chip companies do not invest in football in general, because it is a money pit.

Correct, they're nearly all RAVs (Russians, Arabs or Villains).  I suppose you can add the Chinese to that too.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #17945 on: June 06, 2018, 12:54:10 PM »
Indeed.

You might use the lure of Premier League football and the subsequent publicity it brings to highlight your other projects.

But turning a profit on an actual football club is as rare as rocking horse shit. Unless you sell the club at a profit.

Offline Sleeuwenhoek

« Reply #17946 on: June 06, 2018, 01:01:22 PM »
How to become a Millionaire, be a Billionaire and buy a football club..

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #17947 on: June 06, 2018, 01:03:37 PM »

Correct, they're nearly all RAVs (Russians, Arabs or Villains).  I suppose you can add the Chinese to that too.

CRAVs?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #17948 on: June 06, 2018, 01:20:24 PM »
AVRCs. Pronounced 'AV arses'.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #17949 on: June 06, 2018, 01:26:27 PM »

CRAVs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal