collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2646496 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: The Still Current Lack of an Imminent Takeover Thread WITH CHILDISH POLL
« Reply #11910 on: May 03, 2016, 08:58:06 PM »
The only real value we have as a business at the moment is the infrastructure- cracking ground and state of the art training ground; and our brand.

Our playing staff, collectively are a huge liability currently, in financial terms. We'd be lucky to raise enough from selling what decent players we have left, to afford to be able to pay off the deadwood. And it's essential that we do this in order to get a clean slate.

I'm no expert by any means, but I'd value the club roughly at whatever the ground and BH are worth, minus the ongoing financial liabilities of the current first team squad, bar 5 or 6 players; and whatever debts randy decides he wants to call in.

When you boil it down like that,  then what would you be likely to bid in all honesty?

Next to fuck all would be my opening gambit.

You are right about the infrastructure in that it is already there.  The biggest thing going for us though, is potential.  If a buyer gets it right and we establish ourselves back in the top 10 of the PL, the value of the Club will increase dramatically.

Yep, I honestly believe that randy would've made a big profit on us if he'd sold after 2-3 years. I really wouldn't have been surprised if we were 'worth' Ģ250-300m at that point, Man City show that, Shinawatra paid about Ģ80m for 75% of the shares in 2007 and then they sold the whole club to Mansour a year later for Ģ210m with a squad that wasn't as good as ours was at the time.  The ground did help because of all the associated land but even still we were in a better position at the time.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #11911 on: May 03, 2016, 09:13:33 PM »
As if whether Bacuna cost 1m or 2m is anywhere near the relevant point here.

The relevant point is that he's fucking rubbish and shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch, but he is, week after week.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #11912 on: May 03, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »
Take a look at Crewe's accounts for the year we signed Westwood. Take a look at the players they got rid of that period.  Tell me who you think they got the money for?

Nick Powell, Luke Murphy?

What do the accounts say aj2k77?  I thought Nick Powell cost the best part of Ģ5m but I've no idea whether that is a big/small chunk of the total.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #11913 on: May 03, 2016, 09:53:25 PM »

The relevant point is that he's fucking rubbish and shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch, but he is, week after week.

Black despite him being barracked continuously still picking him is amazing

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #11914 on: May 04, 2016, 06:45:07 AM »
You mean more amazing than the previous three picking him and other knobheads who contribute nothing  to the team but incalculable angst to its supporters?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #11915 on: May 04, 2016, 08:02:55 AM »
You mean more amazing than the previous three picking him and other knobheads who contribute nothing  to the team but incalculable angst to its supporters?

But we never see them "on fire" in training! (I'm going to resist the obvious follow-on comment)
You can't buy 35 years of experience you know blah blah blah...

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #11916 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:51 AM »
But even despite his every touch being met with a good boo, Black fails to read the situation. Just ignorance.

This takeover doesn't look very close does it!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #11917 on: May 04, 2016, 10:41:20 AM »

Black despite him being barracked continuously still picking him is amazing

Maybe that's why he picks him

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #11918 on: May 05, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »
Have we dotted the i's and crossed the t's yet? Where is the ticker?

Offline peter w

« Reply #11919 on: May 05, 2016, 11:10:04 AM »
Just inside the chest cavity. To the left(ish). North of the bollocks.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #11920 on: May 05, 2016, 03:48:28 PM »
According to a report from Gregg Evans of the Birmingham Mail, the club want a new boss in place by the end of May.
" Chairman Steve Hollis and advisor Brian Little are said to want the replacement in by the end of the month, presumably to allow him time to assess the squad and work on transfers ".

Quelle surprise... Journo stating the ībleedinī obvious!, if we donīt have a boss in place by the end of May then we are in deeper muck than even I ( glass half full, man ) thought.............Godzvilla!

Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread, apologies to Modīs...Godzvilla!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:52:29 PM by godzvilla »

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #11921 on: May 05, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »
Not sure how a manager's going to be able to assess the squad when the season will have ended. Videos? Hardly the same as working with them on the training ground though. It's obvious to most who's shit.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #11922 on: May 05, 2016, 04:09:59 PM »
According to a report from Gregg Evans of the Birmingham Mail, the club want a new boss in place by the end of May.
" Chairman Steve Hollis and advisor Brian Little are said to want the replacement in by the end of the month, presumably to allow him time to assess the squad and work on transfers ".

Quelle surprise... Journo stating the ībleedinī obvious!, if we donīt have a boss in place by the end of May then we are in deeper muck than even I ( glass half full, man ) thought.............Godzvilla!

Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread, apologies to Modīs...Godzvilla!

They just seem to have rehashed reports that were in other papers earlier in the week. Does our local paper's Villa reporter actually do any journalism? As in some actual digging to find out what is really happening? If so none of it seems to make the paper.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #11923 on: May 05, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
Assuming Randy does sell in the summer, it's fitting that his last game is the same fixture as his first game as owner.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #11924 on: May 06, 2016, 02:30:33 AM »
Not sure that he knows more than anyone else, but Howard Hodgson was on WM earlier saying that there are three interested parties, all of who have passed the due diligence stage.  He said the price is around Ģ100m, Ģ25m of which is to pay off debts. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal