collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2653288 times)

Offline johnny from donny

DNS does indeed stand for don't no shit.
Would have been DKS but I abbreviated it because it was on twitter and  everything gets abbreviated there.
Either that or I was tired and not paying attention to what I was typing, take your pick

Offline Damo70

We are still for sale. We might still be for sale in five years time. If Randy Lerner meets up with the squad and management team at some point in the tour it won't mean much apart from, as per his statement he is continuing to run the club until any sale. I like the idea that the performance of the USA in the world cup and the added interest in the country in football because of that has reignited his enthusiasm but I think that is highly unlikely.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
I too think it is unlikely that the performance of USA in the World Cup alone has renewed Randy's enthusiasm for the game and the club but what is clear is that football has finally started to take off in America (Seattle Sounders average 42,000 gates) and for all his inherited wealth Randy is a businessman.   He may well be considering that a better deal could be done a couple of years down the line when football has become a major sport on a par with baseball, basketball and grid iron football in the US.   Add to that the possible praise of his peers for spotting the potential of "soccer" so early and you just might have a scenario for our owner leaving the Shunammite woman and coming back to the good old gal in Trinity Road.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:31:18 PM by brian green »

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
I too think it is unlikely that the performance of USA in the World Cup alone has renewed Randy's enthusiasm for the game and the club but what is clear is that football has finally started to take off in America (Seattle Sounders average 42,000 gates) and for all his inherited wealth Randy is a businessman.   He may well be considering that a better deal could be done a couple of years down the line when football has become a major sport on a par with baseball, basketball and grid iron football in the US.   Add to that the possible praise of his peers for spotting the potential of "soccer" so early and you just might have a scenario for our owner leaving the Shunammite woman and coming back to the good old gal in Trinity Road.

Not to mention that our books should look a lot more balanced now, possibly breaking even.  A few years of that and he will not have lost any more money, plus the club should look more attractive to any buyer.  The problem is that the whole club has been neglected for, lets just say 'a while', and to get us up and running again will take up a lot of his time/energy.  Has he got the cajoles to get us through that regeneration period?

Offline Locko

The very idea of Randy the incompetent staying put makes me shudder. A quarter of a billion quid to make something worse than when you acquired it is incompetence bordering on idiocy. Bye bye Lerner, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.i hope to God the sale is handled in a more competent manner than his running of the club...

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Your opinion is your opinion Locko, as valid as mine or anybody else's but I believe the incompetence - and I agree wholeheartedly that there has been and continues to be incompetence at Villa Park - is down to the people put in place by Randy or by those placemen. I believe and always will believe that Randy meant well but was unforgivably naive. We are all hurting at the moment but it is worth bearing in mind that there are a lot worse owners out there, QPR for starters.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
If he were to stay, what is Randy's immediate "To Do" list?

For me:

1.  Appoint a replacement for Faulkner.  No idea who.  Responsible for taking care of business.
2.  Appoint a Head of Football - Gareth Southgate?  Responsible for developing a scouting, player development and importantly a footballing philosophy (in conjunction with Lambert initially)
[Jobs 1 and 2 would allow Randy to take a back seat again]
3.  Give lambert $30m to spend.  Prioritising deals for Delph and Vlaar.
4.  Appoint coaches (are we back to our full quota?)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025

For me:

1.  Appoint a replacement for Faulkner.  No idea who.  Responsible for taking care of business.
2.  Appoint a Head of Football - Gareth Southgate?  Responsible for developing a scouting, player development and importantly a footballing philosophy (in conjunction with Lambert initially)
only $30m? - given the £60m annual starting point for Premiership clubs, that it is pretty low grade.
And, these actions need to happen pretty quickly.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
DNS does indeed stand for don't no shit.
Would have been DKS but I abbreviated it because it was on twitter and  everything gets abbreviated there.
Either that or I was tired and not paying attention to what I was typing, take your pick

I thought it was Dollar Negative return Soccer

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/

For me:

only $30m? - given the £60m annual starting point for Premiership clubs, that it is pretty low grade.

If he's going to invest he needs to replace Lambert. Otherwise it's just pearls to pigs.

Offline TheMalandro

For me:

If he's going to invest he needs to replace Lambert. Otherwise it's just pearls to pigs.

Randy is going to watch Villa against Dallas.

Why bother Randy.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM

For me:

Why bother Randy.

Because he still owns the club.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017

For me:

Why bother Randy.

It's obvious why he's going to Dallas............the Ewing's are our new owners. ;D

Offline john2710

For me:

Why bother Randy.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Offline TheMalandro

For me:

Why bother Randy.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

yeah a dig by me, but frankly I'm sick of the past three years and cannot wait for him to sell up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal