collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2654084 times)

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
Re: Anyone else heard this?
« Reply #840 on: April 21, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
Who wouldn't like the type of players and success enjoyed by Man City over the last few years? You'd be barmy not to want that.

I would find it a lot easier to support Lowton, Baker, Clark, KEA, Albrighton, Bennett etc in a Villa shirt than the cream of Europe players brought in on a mega billionaires money

I realise I'm out on my own here, but that's the way I feel
Like I say I don't want to be Chelsea or City I don't envy their hollow successes one bit

I wonder if Everton fans have enjoyed their season more than those of Man City/Chelsea.

Everton have been successful this season. Manchester City haven't and neither have Chelsea unless they win the Champions League.

why have Everton been successful?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #841 on: April 21, 2014, 12:22:58 PM »
Who wouldn't like the type of players and success enjoyed by Man City over the last few years? You'd be barmy not to want that.

I would find it a lot easier to support Lowton, Baker, Clark, KEA, Albrighton, Bennett etc in a Villa shirt than the cream of Europe players brought in on a mega billionaires money

Like I say I don't want to be Chelsea or City I don't envy their hollow successes one bit

I wonder if Everton fans have enjoyed their season more than those of Man City/Chelsea.

Everton have been successful this season. Manchester City haven't and neither have Chelsea unless they win the Champions League.

Because they've done better than they could have expected.

Offline achilles

« Reply #842 on: April 21, 2014, 12:23:49 PM »
TBAR admin reporting the following as the new owners:

Mr. Ray Davis and Mr. Bob Simpson.

Owners: Texas Rangers Baseball team.
Combined Wealth (unknown but thought to be around $4billion).

Well if true at least they are sports team owners and also looking at Texas Rangers, they've been on a upward curve since they took over.

Well thats at least better than Lerner with the Browns.

Me, I just want some entertaining football down the Villa, hopefully with an inspiring manager... not much!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #843 on: April 21, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »
Simpson eh? I'll remember that name.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #844 on: April 21, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »

Yeah possibly but they finished 6th last season so  considering the players they have I thought they would be around the position they are. Man city could still win the Title that could be called successful despite whatever expectation people put on them and so could Chelsea.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #845 on: April 21, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
Simpson sold his oil company for $41 billion in 2009......
No excuses for not nailing the Left Back position then

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #846 on: April 21, 2014, 12:42:24 PM »

Lets hope they give us more dough than doh.

Time to kill myself

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #847 on: April 21, 2014, 12:46:17 PM »

Yeah possibly but they finished 6th last season so  considering the players they have I thought they would be around the position they are. Man city could still win the Title that could be called successful despite whatever expectation people put on them and so could Chelsea.

They could but it's unlikely.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #848 on: April 21, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »

Quality.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #849 on: April 21, 2014, 12:51:58 PM »

I wasn't doing it very clearly, but that is the point I was trying to make. Everton's success may be relative to expectation but having virtually unlimited money to spend doesn't necessarily  guarantee the good life that some posters seem to think.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #850 on: April 21, 2014, 12:54:26 PM »

Alternatively, which of those three teams supporters have enjoyed themselves celebrating winning stuff over the last decade ?. Everton are playing great football and have a really good team/manager. They still haven't won owt or are ever likely to regardless.

What a terrible prospect we face should any of these rumours have any actual substance to them.

I can just imagine an Everton fan right now, faced with the same speculation about their club going 'Nah, lets stick as we are soft lad"

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #851 on: April 21, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »

My heart agrees with you john e and I feel the same way but the reality is that these players will never win us anything of substance , whoever the Manager is.
In a perfect world we would be producing Academy players capable of flourishing in the Premier League  augmented by the signing of high class Footballers guided by a Manager in the mould of Evertons, Martinez . We have a high class Academy but in order  to really compete at he highest level the reality is that a heavy cash outlay is required , clearly Randy Lerner has decided that the stakes are too high for him and that big money men are required to take the Club foward .
I would have moral qualms if said ' Money Men ' were Russia or Chinese or Arabian for example ,  do Chelsea Fans ever wonder ( or even care ) where Abramovich got his Billions ?
( see http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1l1l7m/how_roman_abramovich_owner_of_chelsea_fc_made_his/  )
Do Man Citeh fans ever ponder the fact that their Clubs owner and his brothers , who rule Dubai , oversee a Regime that has been widely denounced as repressive, involving torture, and "fundamentally unfair " ? .
Would I have a problem with supporting our Team if it were bolstered by mega millions ? , if  was sure that said 'Mega Millions' came from legitimate sources .then the answer would be , no ,no problem at all .
If those Millions came from dubious sources then that would present me with a moral dilemma and sadly I don,t think I could support the Villa under those circumstances .
Moulding a highly successful team of Academy products , bargain basement signings plus 2 or 3 real stars takes an exceptional Management Team and a fair amount of luck , not to mention time and patience , like you ( ? ) I wish that this was the case at Ason Villa but circumstances dictate that this ' ain,t gonna happen ' and that success will only come with a large Financial injection . As long as this does not compromise the integrity of our great Club then as far as I,m concerned , so be it . ..............Godzvilla !

............Godzvilla !

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #852 on: April 21, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »

Alternatively, which of those three teams supporters have enjoyed themselves celebrating winning stuff over the last decade ?. Everton are playing great football and have a really good team/manager. They still haven't won owt or are ever likely to regardless.

What a terrible prospect we face should any of these rumours have any actual substance to them.

I can just imagine an Everton fan right now, faced with the same speculation about their club going 'Nah, lets stick as we are soft lad"

Better still, ask Chelsea fans who have been priced out of their own ground if it was really worth it.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #853 on: April 21, 2014, 01:14:53 PM »
Simpson sold his oil company for $41 billion in 2009......

From what I can gather, his share was less than £1billion though...

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #854 on: April 21, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »
I wonder if there is any connection with our US pre-season tour?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal