collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2653329 times)

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
Re: Anyone else heard this?
« Reply #630 on: April 20, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
He couldn't possibly take us any la la lower

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #631 on: April 20, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
Ray Davis - owner of the Texas Rangers?

He's no richer than Lerner, so I don't know what the incentive would be.

Depends if he's the sole buyer or merely part of this rumoured consortium I guess.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2014, 11:54:44 AM »

Depends if he's the sole buyer or merely part of this rumoured consortium I guess.

That's what I was thinking - John W. Henry is about as rich as Lerner, but his consortium is loaded.

Blimey, when being a mere billionaire isn't enough. It's quite something, modern football.

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »

The Villa Team Preservation Society?

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #634 on: April 20, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »
Club Statment

"Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #635 on: April 20, 2014, 04:27:28 PM »
The Club Statement just posted on OS is revealing as there is no denial, just that this matter will be dealt with by RL after the season has finished

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #636 on: April 20, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »
Club Statment

"Following the point yesterday at Villa Park, there have been stories about my selling the Club. On a personal level, I had hoped the emphasis would have been on the amazing effort on the part of our manager and our players to regroup throughout a very difficult week. Injuries to Libor and Christian, compounded with the early loss of Jores and the difficult rehab of Charles have no doubt left Paul with far less to work with than is fair. Still, Paul Lambert has done nothing but work within the parameters I've set, put the Club first and continue to trust his players. As regards my personal role at the Club and the steady rumours of a sale, I will address these after the season. Paul Lambert, Paul Faulkner and I speak daily and remain committed to the immediate job of limiting distraction and confusion in order that Villa have the best chance possible of finishing on a strong note."

So he's selling then....;-)

Offline exigo

« Reply #637 on: April 20, 2014, 04:29:05 PM »
So he's going then, you would surmise.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #638 on: April 20, 2014, 04:29:25 PM »
I will address these at the end of the season = Club being sold.
Parameters I have set = As we suspected very harsh transfer funds and wage reduction targets.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #639 on: April 20, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »
I will address these at the end of the season = Club being sold.
Parameters I have set = As we suspected very harsh transfer funds and wage reduction targets.

Looks like it!

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #640 on: April 20, 2014, 04:30:28 PM »
Club Statment

Amazing effort. There's only one thing amazing about our manager and players and that's how f*****g crap they are

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #641 on: April 20, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »
Club Statment

Amazing effort. There's only one thing amazing about our manager and players and that's how f*****g crap they are

A little unfair that. The quality isn't there but there generally isn't an absence of effort.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #642 on: April 20, 2014, 04:35:47 PM »
Conclusion: Randy's selling up.

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #643 on: April 20, 2014, 04:37:34 PM »
I see he didn't mention us, the fans. Good gates for crap team displays, and as usual our away support is brilliant. As always we will still be here when you have gone, Randy - please sell with a thought for us.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2014, 04:38:09 PM »
Conclusion: Randy's selling up.
Definitely!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal