collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2654484 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Anyone else heard this?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 12:36:47 PM »
File under twaddle. For one thing, Randy has to want to sell and I'm not sure he does.

What does he get from the club though? There's no money in it. No accolades. Not much recognition for things that he has done right, it's all washed over by the mistakes made in more important places. No success. No entertainment.

It baffles me more why he would want to remain owner than why he would want to sell up.

Precisely. What's he getting from us - nothing. He can't enjoy us losing most games, being humiliated in the Cups, losing most of our home games, struggling near the bottom of the table etc. He hasn't been to a game for more than 16 months. That doesn't sound like a man who isn't looking to sell the club.
I'm not sure once Randy gets us financially stable he'll decide that he'll then just up and leave. He's put a lot money into the club and I think he wants to turn us into a sustainable business which he'll run.
Granted one can never account for the reaction should a wealthy arab slap a silly offer on the table. He'll probably snatch the guys hand off. But I think he genuinely wants to helm the club long term.

Whether his notion of a sustainable business is right, and possibly threatens our Prem status is another matter of course. But I think some people have this notion of Randy being like Del Boy, desperately flogging his damaged, tatty goods on the market.

I want him to sell, I hope he does but it would surprise the hell out of me if he did it in the next couple of years. If he finds he can't make us sustainable under his stewardship, and he's flogging a dead horse (or worse we're in the Championship) then he may well actively look to sell. I genuinely think in Randy's football naive mind he probably thinks he can build a side capable of challenging for the Champions League, just as easily this way (by naturing young and hungry players) as we might have done under O Neill spending 40 mill every summer on older players.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »

Offline gsbrn68

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
I was told on Monday morning that the club had been sold but there would be no announcement until end of the season I took no notice but I will say he is seeing someone in a high up office based role at villa park

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 12:42:12 PM »
eastie has just said hello to me on the other site which has made me very unsettled.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 12:43:27 PM »

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
eastie has just said hello to me on the other site which has made me very unsettled.

At least he hasn't started referring to your children by name.

Yet.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
I was told on Monday morning that the club had been sold but there would be no announcement until end of the season I took no notice but I will say he is seeing someone in a high up office based role at villa park

It won't be James Stewart then; he suffers from vertigo.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »

You can now get odds on Ellis being Caretaker Chairman until the end of the season.

Offline supertom

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »

You can now get odds on Ellis being Caretaker Chairman until the end of the season.
Doug Ellis invented the moustache.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 12:52:07 PM »
I'm still only coming to terms with the Damara Capital takeover of Borchester Land.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 12:54:58 PM »
If Doug rocks up at Selhurst with a replica shirt over a shirt and tie, it's time to be afraid.  Very afraid.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
I'd love Randy to rock up at SP in similar attire better 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »
If Doug rocks up at Selhurst with a replica shirt over a shirt and tie, it's time to be afraid.  Very afraid.

Only if it's tucked into his trousers which are then pulled up as high as possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal