collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Very press-ed off  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Very press-ed off
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »
Blood quotes!

Good article Dave

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 02:23:49 PM »
Another good article Dave.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »
With this boards track record of managerial appointments the words Neil and Lennon scare me greatly!

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »
I've quite deliberately stayed away from here for 48 hours.  Another article that is spot on.

There is something rotten at the core of club at the moment.  Despite everything, I'm not yet convinced it is actually Lambert. The more I reflect on it, the more I'm convinced that O'Neill walked because he knew before any of us that Lerner had given up on whatever his motive was when he bought the club.  The core of the problem lies with the owner, his eyes on the ground who don't know the ins and outs of the football world and, frankly, a support who turn on the manager and yet are not prepared to organise on a Liverpool-esque basis to oust an American owner who is slowly strangling the life out of the club. 

Whether Lambert can redeem himself over the last few games remains to be seen.  I doubt it.  However, regardless of who is in the dugout come August, nothing much will change at B6 whilst we have an absentee landlord who bought us, on what increasingly looks like a rich boy's whim, and now really can't be bothered to do what is necessary in terms of providing the investment that a Premier League club regrettably needs simply to stand still.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:34:02 PM by TopDeck113 »

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »
I've quite deliberately stayed away from here for 48 hours.  Another article that is spot on.

There is something rotten at the core of club at the moment.  Despite everything, I'm not yet convinced it is actually Lambert. The more I reflect on it, the more I'm convinced that O'Neill walked because he knew before any of us that Lerner had given up on whatever his motive was when he bought the club.  The core of the problem lies with the owner, his eyes on the ground who don't know the ins and outs of the football world and, frankly, a support who turn on the manager and yet are not prepared to organise on a Liverpool-esque basis to oust an American owner who is slowly strangling the life out of the club. 

Whether Lambert can redeem himself over the last few games remains to be seen.  I doubt it.  However, regardless of who is in the dugout come August, nothing much will change at B6 whilst we have an absentee landlord who bought us, on what increasingly looks like a rich boy's whim, and now really can't be bothered to do what is necessary in terms of providing the investment that a Premier League club regrettably needs simply to stand still.

My only issue with this is it just doesn't tally with the figures, what is it now over £100m of debt converted to equity and another £90m of loans just written off.  I just think it's too easy to say he doesn't care and he's not interested as he keeps providing the investment, the big issue for me is who he entrusts to ensure that money is spent wisely and I'm afraid Faulkner, as good as he's been on the commercial side, just doesn't cut it for me as a Football man.  Where Lerner is culpable is his trust in Faulkner to run all aspects of the club and also whatever harebrained recruitment policy they and the other members of the board follow when recruiting new Managers.  This trust in the cut of a mans jib rather than his ability to coach, train, manage, organise and tactically think is the biggest cause of problems at this club, the only time they got it vaguely right was appointing Houllier but they gave him the wrong job!! Montbert for all his modern football hipster persona has got it spot on when calling for a revolution at Bodymoor Heath and the way this club prepares it's players.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
Excellent article. The fact that no "promising youngsters" are getting anywhere near the team, for me, just makes it all the more depressing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal