collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Indefensible home form.  (Read 19210 times)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Indefensible home form.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 07:05:57 PM »
I feel sorry for people who go week in week out which is a terrible thing to say, truth is I used to envy them & until MONs final season I was a season ticket holder too.  This season I've been once, last season I went twice.  As you can tell I've been weened of it, it won't take anything more now for me to say enough is enough, I won't go again this season, it's dire and what's worse is I don't even watch it at home anymore, I'll find any old excuse to avoid us on Sky or an illegal stream, quite honestly cutting the grass and helping the wife in the garden is more appealing.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 07:19:09 PM »
I stopped going to watch the first team at the end of last season because i just did not enjoy the football we play under Lambert. I still go to watch the reserves and the youths,the reason being because at least under Cowans and McAndrew we play attacking football. We play with at least one winger and every single player gives his all. The joy on the players face's when we scored the winning goal in the last minute the other night against the baggies shows they care to

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »
I hate ,absolutely hate, away fans celebrating goals and wins at Villa Park. It has been a dreadful dreadful season for that. Something that I can not recall in my 40+ years of going down there. I am just fed up now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 08:52:33 PM by olaftab »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 07:35:33 PM »
When you think back to the Norwich game we got fortunate Benteke produced an amazing goal out of little that completely turned the game, we were losing 1 nil and the crowd were starting to dissent so that game could've easily gone the way of today or most other home games. Really what will keep us up is that comeback and the WBA one, pretty flukely when you think about it. If it wasn't we would win more home games.

I have to say I'm amazed the crowds have held up so well this season. I know 33k isn't great in the context of a 42k stadium (and talk of extending it to 50k in our present state is very very daft imo) but when you consider we've won about 10 home games in 3 years I think it's pretty good.

Our average attendance is on a par with Everton who have had brilliant form at Goodison in the last 18 months.

Villa Park is just an easy place to come for visiting teams. Location, facilities, pitch, crowd. Difference this season is that the teams who are hopeless away like Fulham, Stoke and West Ham who I think all had just 1 away win when they came to VP are all coming here and winning.

I've started to lapse now. Didn't go today or Stoke (or Norwich) and I seriously aren't sure even if I'll go to Southampton or Hull now.

Seriously disillusioned with the state of this club atm. I want to most of the home games in the TSM season and last season so it's not a boycott just because we're crap but being in constant relegation battles and barely winning 5 home games a season take its toll eventually.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 08:10:29 PM »

I gave up my season ticket 3 season ago due to being completely bewildered by the way the club was going. I was the last in a group of around ten that did.

I still go every now and again when I can be arsed but in recent weeks i've even turned down free tickets twice. Something i find quite staggering and depressing in equal measure.

Sadly I just can't muster the enthusiasm and effort to go through the painful process every other week anymore. I've been ground down to the point where it's a chore not a pleasure. I get even less pleasure knowing my 12 year old nephew can't even be talked into going. That's another future supporter slipping away, just one of thousands i'm sure.

The club is rotten. Top to bottom. And when you feel like you're being ignored or having the piss taken out of you as a supporter, then it's a long hard slog to get back on side.

Online john2710

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 08:33:53 PM »
The thing is, when people stop, it's going to take a hell of of lot of effort to get them back.

Season ticket sales will be non-existent.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »
Season ticket sales will be non-existent.

I've been saying this for a while. I saw a stat last week that said we'd lost 48% of our home games in the last three seasons under McLeish and Lambert. It's an absolutely appalling home record and fans will quite reasonably vote with their feet next season unless there is a significant change of policy in our club.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »
And what do you think the absent Lerner and that idiot Faulkner will do?

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2014, 08:55:12 PM »

Unfortunately you are pretty much spot on there.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »

The chuckle brothers will probably just offer him a new contract.

Offline myf

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
What gets me is there's no media coverage of our demise. We don't even register anymore. No pressure on lambert. It's as if he gets a pass because he plays the "youth". We're a laughing stock

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2014, 07:39:46 AM »
Thats cause no one outside the supporters gives a fuck about midlands football and the Villa in particular.

WM obviously should do but they seem obsessed with the Olbiyun and Ron Toss is Blose. Meaning Evil just wants to rub noses in it but not actually get at the issues as they're basically lazy - see also the situation at Blose.

As for the nationals, we're totally irrelevant thanks to this bunch of clueless nerks. The centers of football are London, Manchester and Liverpool. Fuck the rest.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2014, 07:45:41 AM »
Even Newcastle's regular bad runs are being mentioned in the papers all the time - although Pardew does attract the headlines with his touchline antics. What does Lambert offer journalists? The guy just sits there regardless of whether his team is losing (most likely) or winning (once in a lucky blue moon).

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »
Why are we so crap at home though? It's been going on for a sustained period of time, so there must be a reason behind it. If it's down to the manager, what's he doing wrong? As bad as this squad is, they're better than a lot of the teams we've lost to. Baffling.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »
What gets me is there's no media coverage of our demise. We don't even register anymore. No pressure on lambert. It's as if he gets a pass because he plays the "youth". We're a laughing stock
To be fair Pat Murphy did pin him down about home form yesterday in post match press Conf  and Tim Abraham  from talk sport carried on that theme with his questioning. Lambert squirmed and said something that at best I didn't understand and at worst were feeble and  implausible words.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal