collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Indefensible home form.  (Read 19338 times)

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Indefensible home form.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
What happens if Lambert gets the chop? We're still stuck with a lot of the rubbish he's signed. It's a shambles, it really is. God knows how we're going to get out of the situation; we're in the position of hanging on and hoping Lambert will come good, or getting shot and starting over again with the new guy having to do a massive clear out and rebuilding job. Again. Is there money for that? Is there money for Lambert?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 05:54:10 PM »
I actually don't think most of the players are rubbish. I think they have massively underperformed. We know they can play. If they were rubbish they wouldn't have gotten some of the results that they have, or scored some of the goals that we've scored. They are clearly now lacking a consistency of direction and are going into game unprepared. That's inexcusable.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »
What happens if Lambert gets the chop? We're still stuck with a lot of the rubbish he's signed. It's a shambles, it really is. God knows how we're going to get out of the situation; we're in the position of hanging on and hoping Lambert will come good, or getting shot and starting over again with the new guy having to do a massive clear out and rebuilding job. Again. Is there money for that? Is there money for Lambert?

If there's no money, then trust me, this squad is getting relegated next season, if it doesn't happen this season.

This isn't all about today's result. We have been awful almost the entire season, truly awful. Can anyone really say they think we look better than last year?

I'd also point out that unlike, say, Newcastle, who went down and kept almost all the players they wanted to hang on to, how well do you think this squad would actually do in the Championship?

We have four players who are consistently good enough at the top level - Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Benteke. Possibly five with Gabby. The rest of them are woefully unconvincing, and they look like a bunch of players who should be playing for a mid table Championship club.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 05:58:54 PM »
I think there is money. The board now seriously need to consider who they are going to allow to spend it.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 06:00:03 PM »
I think there is money. The board now seriously need to consider who they are going to allow to spend it.

I think there is going to be a lot less money than we thought there'd be now Benteke is long term injured.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 06:03:23 PM »
I actually don't think most of the players are rubbish. I think they have massively underperformed. We know they can play. If they were rubbish they wouldn't have gotten some of the results that they have, or scored some of the goals that we've scored. They are clearly now lacking a consistency of direction and are going into game unprepared. That's inexcusable.

The team is consistently poor though, and I'm convinced now that the wins we've had are merely flashes of a group of players getting it right every so often. Same goes for Lambert IMO. Not to say all of his signings have been crap, because that's just not true. However, he still hasn't sorted the defence and midfield sufficiently. Whether that's down to financial constraints or down to a managerial plan that has gone awry is open for conjecture. Either way, the current situation isn't good enough, and, for me, it looks like we've entered into a proper tailspin off the pitch as well as on.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 06:05:29 PM »
I no longer want this manager. I made my mind up about that a while ago in fact. That said, I definitely do not want this board choosing his successor.
Therefore the only respite I see is a complete change form top to bottom. Which may or may not be coming but there's nothing obvious in that regard.
Alas, if it does not, we will stumble from one catastrophe to another including relegation, which may even happen this season.

I know we've had some shitty luck with injuries, but the bottom line is what is coming in after them is poorer than it should be. Some of his own buys are no long trusted to even make this bench. Piss poor show.
GFTO of this club.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
How can anybody say we have improved from last season?
For weeks we have had to put up with the same people banging on about Lambert 'bringing the plan through'.
Anybody care to defend him now?

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
I think we'd get spanked every week in the championship. Each of those cup games against lower league opposition (Bradford, Millwall, etc) showed we have no grit or ability to raise ourselves. We just take whatever's being dished out. I have no faith in the players or management to get the job done.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
Title of the thread says it all really.

Online john2710

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »
I'm sick & tired of watching other teams celebrating at Villa Park.

It's not rocket science, we need better players, we need men not boys.

Lambert must see what we do and he is working within the restrictions that Lerner has set. Until those restrictions are lifted things won't improve.

It's just a question of how long we can tolerate the shite. Personally no longer. When the ambition returns, so will I.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »
There have been restrictions but what money has been spent has not been spent all that well. Particularly last summer.

Offline ez

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »
Didn't Faulkner in his last Q&A session say the club was addressing the problem of the home form?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
Look, there will be money to spend this summer. Is he the guy to spend it? For the first time, I am not so sure.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »
Didn't Faulkner in his last Q&A session say the club was addressing the problem of the home form?
If he said that he really does need sacking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal